PDA

View Full Version : DESPERATE for HELP!!!

Livn2sk8
08-18-2003, 06:51 PM
Ok, so I help jumpstart my friends car today, and we ended up having to go buy new jumper cables, on the way about two blocks from my house, my car dies in the middle of the road as I slow down to a stop sign. So i'm like...what the f*ck.....so I go to restart it, and nothing happens....I get a buzzing/whizzing sound from the engine, and the pulleys are visibly moving, also, if i'm in the car, I can watch my rpms needle slightly stutter......I'm pretty sure it's not the starter...but NEED HELP! This is my daily driver, car has 164k miles on it. Any ideas or anyone have similar problems? I just put brand new plugs, wires, and oil change, also has a brand new k&n filter, and cleaned the TB last month. I don't know what it could be. Car is a 1994 GS. Any help is greatly appreciated, someone help fast...as I need this car back on the road ASAP.

95mitsu03
08-18-2003, 06:59 PM
possible the timing belt. simular thing happened to me

cdaw2001ES
08-18-2003, 07:01 PM
did you by chance hook up the cables backwards, Hence the need to get new ones?

Livn2sk8
08-18-2003, 11:31 PM
Ok, so I go out tonight, cuz it's slightly cooler out...and i'm looking, and listening, trying to find out what the hell is wrong....and I look down and see a slight slit...in one of my belts....and I get under the car to see the rest of it...and one of the belts that connects to the crankshaft pulley (i'm assuming that's what I call it), is wedged between the pulley, and the block. So i'm pretty sure that is what's wrong...i'll find out I guess later on in the week. I'm pretty broke right now...yep, too broke for a belt. Anyways, I hope this is all that is wrong and it didn't mess up anything else. Anyone know what this belt is called? It's the belt that runs from the Crank, towards the firewall, and up and connects to two other pulleys. Just trying to get an idea so I get the right belt. Also......

To take off that pulley....how hard is it? It looks awfully close to part of the body...or...frame....whatever you want to call it....and it has a pretty big nut on it.....once that nut comes off...how far does it have to slide off? or does it just come straight down? Sorry...never had to do this before....

TIA!