View Full Version : cold air intake (cai)

bizo2
08-18-2003, 11:45 PM
which brand of cai gives the most horsepower and how much hp are we talking about

seth98esT
08-18-2003, 11:55 PM
+230hp, but only if u put the injen or aem sticker on your car 5 times

Reelax
08-19-2003, 12:04 AM
hehe funny! the 2 most popular CAI are INJEN R&D and AEM CAS. they are almost identical in design and are estimated @ +9hp.

bizo2
08-19-2003, 12:06 AM
spend all that money and get nothing out of it
what a dissappointment

Reelax
08-19-2003, 01:09 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(bizo2)</div><div class='quotemain'>spend all that money and get nothing out of it Â*
what a dissappointment</div>

i don't get what you mean. it's just an intake; +9hp is alot for an intake.

Fishboy55
08-19-2003, 06:11 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Reelax)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(bizo2)</div><div class='quotemain'>spend all that money and get nothing out of it Â*
what a dissappointment</div>

i don't get what you mean. it's just an intake; +9hp is alot for an intake.</div>
Hell yea, 9hp is a lot for anything, especially something that's about $200. It's more gain than you'll get from headers that cost twice as much...

GaLaNtKeV99
08-19-2003, 07:05 AM
This thread seems like its goin to be a funny one. https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif

pinoyesv6
08-19-2003, 09:52 AM
yea, if you compare our stock intakes to a stock intakes from some of the hondas out there, you can really see how our stock intakes aren't as restrictive. thats why you don't see that much of a gain from an intake compared to some hondas and other cars out there.

peanotation
08-19-2003, 10:01 AM
there's got to be SOME hp gain with CAIs on our cars. even though i drive a 7G, my CAI made my low end worse and i even suck getting off the line, but my high end power increased so much it made up for the low end power loss and then some.

leadfoot
08-19-2003, 03:12 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Reelax)</div><div class='quotemain'>hehe funny! Â*the 2 most popular CAI are INJEN R&D and AEM CAS. Â*they are almost identical in design and are estimated @ +9hp.</div>

AEM CAS what is that i know what a injen racing division is but what about the CAS and where can i get one??

Reelax
08-19-2003, 03:51 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(leadfoot)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Reelax)</div><div class='quotemain'>hehe funny! Â*the 2 most popular CAI are INJEN R&D and AEM CAS. Â*they are almost identical in design and are estimated @ +9hp.</div>

AEM CAS what is that i know what a injen racing division is but what about the CAS and where can i get one??</div>

they are virtually identical except for the AEM has an available bypass valve and the INJEN has a splash gaurd. CAS = "Cold Air induction System"

http://www.aempower.com ('http://www.aempower.com')

leadfoot
08-19-2003, 06:57 PM
thanks i was kinda confused about that one at any rate the next thing for my car is a AEM CAI. winter is comming so it will make a noticable difference.

bizo2
08-19-2003, 11:36 PM
does anything has to be moved in the engine compartment to install the cai or it fits right in

cdaw2001ES
08-20-2003, 12:41 AM
If where you are - is any thing like it snows here - Northern Ohio, Your gonna wanna make sure your gonna be able to convert to a Short ram for the winter. Road muck ices the filter up, air gets - too- cold, fuel econmoy takes a dive, and your exhaust will smell lethal

Reelax
08-20-2003, 02:15 AM
does anything has to be moved in the engine compartment to install the cai or it fits right in

well you have to remove all the plastic black pieces that go from the throttle body to the "scoop" intake right at the front of the hood; it's alot of plastic and the airbox that holds the stock filter, but this is the stuff that causes the most air restriction.