PDA

View Full Version : Annoying NOISE!! MAKE IT STOP!!!

GalantSeoulja
08-19-2003, 10:47 AM
Hey Be4 when I got my distributor replaced my car made this weird noise when i'm doin about 40 to 50mph. The closest I can explain the sound to is like a rattling noise. It disappeared when I replaced my distributor but now it came back. Does it have to do with the distributor or is it something else?? I thought maybe it could be the heat shield on the cat but i put a hose clamp on it real tight so I don't think it's that... Please tell me what could be causing this ANNOYING sound

Ositoyb
08-19-2003, 11:19 AM
it might be anythign from a loose nut, or your exhaust pipe. Mayeb you flex pipe. I would say take it to your local muffler shop, and get a free estimate. If it does turn out to be your flex pipe. To see if it might be you flex pipe(or anywhere else), turn on your car, open your hood, and manually move your throttle body lever(A*K*A giving your car gas) and go from there. REMEMBER to wear gloves!!!! hope this helps

GalantSeoulja
08-20-2003, 11:16 AM
I don't think it's coming from the mufflers but it sounds like it's coming from either under the car or by the engine bay. The sound is like as if something is hitting on the radiator fan but nothing is restricting it when i checked it.... If it is the flex pipe what kind of a noise would it make? I'm kind of reluctant to take it to a shop 'cause everytime i go something else goes wrong... Please give some suggestions on what it could be.... because it made the same noise before my car totally died as a result of a failed distributor... could it be distributor related?????

Ositoyb
08-20-2003, 01:56 PM
the flex pipe noise can oudns like a Buzz( bee buzz ) or like a muffler on a messed-up HONDA....but if you had problems b4 w/ the ditributor, then i wouldn't know whaqt it could be. sorry

manybrews
08-20-2003, 05:27 PM
its probably just a rusty heat shield on one of your exhaust pipes.

GalantSeoulja
08-20-2003, 11:09 PM
there is a heat shield on the muffler??? i know there is one on the cat... How much do you think it would cost to fix this little problem assuming that it is a heat shield????

Ositoyb
08-20-2003, 11:17 PM
you can remove the heat shield you self...don't waste you money at a shop. All you need is a Socket wrench and sockets, and a jack(to lift you car) i took the heat sheild off that is behind the flex pipe yesterday. Try and take one of the heat sheild off, and go from there.

manybrews
08-20-2003, 11:21 PM
get under the car and bang on the exhaust pipes with your fist (when its COLD).
if somethings rattling, mearly rip it off.
done.