PDA

View Full Version : best kind of rotors and pads to get

galant3.0v6
08-19-2003, 06:02 PM
What are the best kind of rotors brand and style(slotted, slotted and cross-drilled), what kind of brake pads that decrease noise and last long. Does anybody have any suggestions. They will get be replacement rotors not oversized.

mrjaydeeone
08-19-2003, 06:22 PM
I got brembo cross-drilled/slotted rotors and axis metal master pads
I have yet to install them yet
I got them www.raceconcepts.net

we get a discount from them
many members have purchased them from there

GaLaNtKeV99
08-19-2003, 06:31 PM

how much did u pay for your including shipping and discount?

front/ rear pads and rotors rite?

mrjaydeeone
08-19-2003, 07:16 PM

how much did u pay for your including shipping and discount?

front/ rear pads and rotors rite?

I got thm back when I was running a group buy for them late last year...
It was front rotors and front pads
I forgot the going price at the time....
check the group buy section for the info from then...I believe there were some totals on theirs

Auto-9
08-19-2003, 11:21 PM
Rotors I like Powerslot and Brembo rotors, they're great. I myself went with Powerslot slotted because I really don't trust cross-drilled. I've seen too many scary failed rotors, plus they don't really do much except reduce braking surface. As for pads...it depends on your car model year for the front brakes. If you have the Fed spec V6 dual piston calipers, the Axxis Metal Masters are great pads. If you have the newer Cali spec single piston caliper the Portfields are amazing, in fact better than the Axxis Metal Masters, but really expensive. You get what you pay for though. Regardless of model year, the Axxis Metal Masters for the rear are great choices.

Fishboy55
08-27-2003, 08:31 AM
Why is this post a sticky???

Xavier22
08-27-2003, 10:19 AM
from wood @ raceconcepts.net, i payed i around $150 shipped for the brembo rotors and axis metal masters, but i exchanged the pads for single piston caliper PBR's, cuz the axis's wouldn't fit!!! stay away from PBR's, they suck, yo!! also, check w/ prophet aka jason of DNA - -hes got some foor sell ona g.buy