PDA

View Full Version : lowered on 19s?

RollinBishiStyle
09-06-2002, 06:13 PM
Quick question, if i get 19s how much can i lower it? I know i would have to get the fenders rolled, what exactly is that and how much. Thanks

SinSere
09-07-2002, 12:01 AM
No, you don't have to get your fenders rolled if you put on 19's. I have had no rubbing problems with my 19's and Eibach Pro kit, none at all. If you go lower than 1.5" all around, I don't know. But you don't HAVE to roll the fenders. If you wanna see my car just click on the www box below my sig.

Tiller
09-07-2002, 12:04 AM
you have no box in your sig... https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/wink.gif

TJC
09-07-2002, 01:25 AM
you have no box in your sig... https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/wink.gif

He means the little icons, specifically the "WWW" icon between his post and yours.

lx4life
09-07-2002, 06:33 AM
i am ordering my 19's real soon and i am just getting coilovers just to be safe on what height i should be at, maybe you should try that. i found a set of coilovers for 186 shipped i believe they are called obx i think a couple of guys have them and also i have the kyb on order for my car.

A_Gyrlz_Galant_on19s
09-07-2002, 02:20 PM
I have 19 x 8.5" wheels with ground control coilovers.
no need to roll fenders, with wheels that wide however I can't have a camber kit, not enough room between tire and the control arm.

Love the ride all other suspension components are factory.

SinSere
09-07-2002, 03:26 PM
Tiller if you read carefully...it says the WWW box BELOW my sig. which it is in fact. Just thought I'd clarify for you.

pinoyesv6
09-08-2002, 04:46 PM
uhm with plus sized wheels it gets kinda hard to say how low to drop. the eibach prokit gives a nice drops but with lower drops like the progress you got to pay more attention to. first of all the offset, try to stay as close to the stock DSM offset of +46mm also the width. i suggest a 7.5 inch or an 8 inch width wheel. also the tires too.

as for rolling the fenders if you drop low or you get wheels with a low offset you might need one. its pretty much consists of bending the fenders so that u don't rub as much as u do.

wheelsboutique
09-11-2002, 08:31 PM
we have lots of 19" wheels for your car and you wont have to roll your fenders..and still lower it , we like to us h&R springs they have sport and now race for your car..1.4 drop or 2.2 drop..(new part #)call us if any tech questions at 1-866-51-wheel.....

TJC
09-12-2002, 11:00 PM
Hey wheelsboutique, when going with 8" or 8.5" wide wheels, what kind of offsets for each respectively do you recommend for the Galant assuming that you can get any offset you want without the tire getting too close to rubbing the knuckle. Stock with 6" wide wheels is a +46 offset.

wheelsboutique
09-12-2002, 11:27 PM
8 inch wide I wouldn't pass 40-45et and 8.5 is pretty aggressive I would only do that with at least a 48et .. Just to be safe.. :roll: :biggrin: and if you go with 8 with a 40 I would go with a 215/40/18. just to be safe. And 225/40/18 on 8.5 to get a good 20% tire stretch on both side.. i.e. better handling.

TJC
09-12-2002, 11:31 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(wheelsboutique)</div><div class='quotemain'>8 inch wide I wouldn't pass 40-45et and 8.5 is pretty aggressive I would only do that with at least a 48et .. Just to be safe.. :roll: Â*:biggrin: and if you go with 8 with a 40 I would go with a 215/40/18. just to be safe. And 225/40/18 on 8.5 to get a good 20% tire stretch on both side.. i.e. better handling.</div>

Thanks! That's about what I was thinking too on the offset.

As for width, would 225 on 7.5 or 235 on 8 be too much?

mitsuondubz
09-13-2002, 10:48 PM
sinsere i think your shit looks phat, nice wheels but is that dropped with the eibach pro kit? because when i put my 19`s on,, what other ways can i lower it? im tryin to make the wheels tuck... so any suggestions?? thanks for your help,,,

pinoyesv6
09-15-2002, 05:09 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(mitsuondubz)</div><div class='quotemain'>sinsere i think your shit looks phat, nice wheels but is that dropped with the eibach pro kit? because when i put my 19`s on,, what other ways can i lower it? im tryin to make the wheels tuck... so any suggestions?? thanks for your help,,,</div>

drop the fenders...get some body work to make it look like its dropped...

TJC
09-16-2002, 01:51 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(mitsuondubz)</div><div class='quotemain'>sinsere i think your shit looks phat, nice wheels but is that dropped with the eibach pro kit? because when i put my 19`s on,, what other ways can i lower it? im tryin to make the wheels tuck... so any suggestions?? thanks for your help,,,</div>

If you want them really tucked, go with the narrowest wheel and tire to match and the biggest offset you can get away with. Once you get those tires sitting deep in the wheelwell, you can slam that thing and have it tucked away nicely. :wink:

madspeed
09-16-2002, 10:06 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(wheelsboutique)</div><div class='quotemain'>8 inch wide I wouldn't pass 40-45et and 8.5 is pretty aggressive I would only do that with at least a 48et .. Just to be safe.. :roll: Â*:biggrin: and if you go with 8 with a 40 I would go with a 215/40/18. just to be safe. And 225/40/18 on 8.5 to get a good 20% tire stretch on both side.. i.e. better handling.</div>

Good info...now, would an 18x8 wheel with a 40mm offset pose any problems on a stock height GTZ? I guess tires would be like 225/40/18
Stock sized would yeild 24.87" height, those 18's would yeild a 25.08. Not much of a difference, by maybe enough to keep the fender gap little, considering the GTZ is a hair lower to begin with. I really don't want to drop it unless I have to to clean up the gap...

SinSere
09-16-2002, 08:45 PM
thanx mitsuondubz for the props, I like it, would like it a lil lower, but roads suck in my town and it saves money. another inch in front would be perfect for me, but everyones tastes are different. Everyone seems to like it the way it is anyway, I'll leave it, for now :evil:

mitsuondubz
09-23-2002, 01:41 PM
ok thanks for the info but i know nothin about offsets and wheels and things of that nature so what6 did you mean by getting the biggest offset i could find and narrowest wheel, you mean like a 7 inch wide wheel instead of 8 inch ? and does anyone have any info about rolling the fenders? ive heard a bunch of people talk about them doing it but i have no idea what it means, thanks for all your help...

designmanfx
09-29-2002, 10:32 PM
you guys might wanna check out www.speedandstyle.com that's where i got my wheels and if i remember TGC members get 10%.... check them out.

Smooth everytime.

TJC
09-29-2002, 10:58 PM
ok thanks for the info but i know nothin about offsets and wheels and things of that nature so what6 did you mean by getting the biggest offset i could find and narrowest wheel, you mean like a 7 inch wide wheel instead of 8 inch ? and does anyone have any info about rolling the fenders? ive heard a bunch of people talk about them doing it but i have no idea what it means, thanks for all your help...

Yeah, I think you got my point however, 19's rarely come in 7.5" and definitely NOT in 7". Not only that but manufacturers of tires that are in the market are not really made to go on such narrow wheels. 8" wheels are the minimum width that 19" tires manufacturers recommend they go on. As for offset, the bigger offsets like +45 to +50 with 7" wide 17's or 18's will let you slam your ride so the fender actually goes over the tires for that tucked look. Unfortunately 19's don't give you options that will let you achieve that look.

Cali
09-29-2002, 11:52 PM

Yeah, I think you got my point however, 19's rarely come in 7.5" and definitely NOT in 7". Not only that but manufacturers of tires that are in the market are not really made to go on such narrow wheels. 8" wheels are the minimum width that 19" tires manufacturers recommend they go on. As for offset, the bigger offsets like +45 to +50 with 7" wide 17's or 18's will let you slam your ride so the fender actually goes over the tires for that tucked look. Unfortunately 19's don't give you options that will let you achieve that look.

racinghart does make a few 19's by 7.5....i just ordered 19 in. c5's and they come in a 7.5 width...

TJC
09-30-2002, 07:54 PM
Yeah, I think you got my point however, 19's rarely come in 7.5" and definitely NOT in 7".

Actually, there are some 19 x 7" wheels coming out. I saw them on an HP Racing pamphlet that I got from NOPI. They are called HP Racing Fusions. I assume that they will be offering different wheels in this size eventually.

Hmmm, there not going to be able to sell a single one if the tire manufacturers don't follow that trend. HP Racing must know something we don't, hehe.

That would be pretty good for dragging too as it would be much lighter in both the wheel and the tire. But I know I would never get 19's with 215 tires, lol.

pinoyesv6
09-30-2002, 08:13 PM
Hmmm, there not going to be able to sell a single one if the tire manufacturers don't follow that trend. HP Racing must know something we don't, hehe.

That would be pretty good for dragging too as it would be much lighter in both the wheel and the tire. But I know I would never get 19's with 215 tires, lol.

don't worry about the tires. uhm companies are coming with larger diameter rims that are more narrower because of sport compacts and such. and thanks to honda and allthose other ricer cars, we'll get tires that are narrower too

TJC
10-01-2002, 12:41 AM
Why can't they just make our wheel wells deeper, lol. I don't mind giving up a little trunk space so I can have fat Porsche size tires, hehe. I need it for my canyon runs. :wink: