PDA

View Full Version : HIGH PERFORMANCE BRAKES ??

miamigalant
09-06-2002, 07:23 PM
:twisted: i am sick and tired of my rotors getting f%*ed up, does anyone know any websites where i can order some GOOD, RELIABLE, high performance breaks (pads and rotors)

RedGalant2k1
09-06-2002, 07:47 PM
www.GroupBuyCenter.com
www.Ebay.com
www.ptuning.com (I think?)
www.powerslot.com
www.neweclipse.org (look in the parts pages)

.AGENT.
09-06-2002, 09:38 PM
So I can assume that the brakes (rotors and pads) of the 8G are the sam as the 3g elcipse? :?:

Tiller
09-06-2002, 11:12 PM
go to www.Baer.com

get a track kit for the Eclipse... but don't tell them it's for the Galant, or they won't sell it to you...

If you want more info, PM me... i just ordered mine... cost me about $1100 shipped, but i got all the options... cross drilled, slotted, and zinc washed... with the polsihed calipers... oh, and 2 pc rotors...

you can get a standard track kit for like 500-600...

this kit is not for "track" use... it is an everyday kit, with the power to be used on the strip...

you won't be able to run your stock wheels though, the rotors are 13"...

they have other cheaper, smaller kits as well... Baer brakes are top of the line with StopTech, Brembo, & Wilwood...

Lazarus
09-07-2002, 03:59 PM
I ordered some EBC Green Stuffs from a local speed shop but i can't tell you how they work yet because they didn't have them in stock s I am now waiting for them to come from Cali. :evil:

DeBull
09-08-2002, 12:08 AM
DBA rotors and axxis pads......Nigel at 541-488-2604
Very pleased with everything and prompt delivery.

TJC
09-08-2002, 02:10 AM
Tiller, what kind of pads did you get and how much would they cost in the future for additional pads. I'm worried that I'll be locked into their brake pad forever and if it's too expensive, I don't know.

I don't mind spending a one time cost for something decent...... it's the ongoing maintenance costs I'm worried about.