PDA

View Full Version : Any Reason Behind This???

Livn2sk8
08-21-2003, 05:34 PM
I would sure like to know anyones opinions on why this keeps happening.

Inner Belt came off of my harmonic balancer, wedged inbetween the harmonic balancer and my lower timing belt cover. Replaced the Inner belt and made sure all other belts were tight, went to start her up, and the belt came off again and wedged between the Harmonic Balancer and the lower timing belt cover.....AGAIN!!!

I really need help, I don't know what's wrong, and this is my only car. Getting to work is a pain in the Ass. Anyways, any help is MUCHO appreciated. Thanks In Advance!

VegasMatt
08-21-2003, 05:38 PM
Go visit Lisa Edwards at Courtesy, she will hook you up.

manybrews
08-21-2003, 05:42 PM
youre harmonic balancer is most likely seperating. you will need to replace it, and probably soon. If it totally fails, Ive seen stuff get wrapped up in the timing belt, causing the timing to jump and valves to contact pistons.

Livn2sk8
08-21-2003, 07:33 PM
Would that be the reason that I can pull on it and have it move outwards about one inch away from the timing cover?

and how can lisa edwards help me?

manybrews
08-21-2003, 10:20 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Livn2sk8)</div><div class='quotemain'>Would that be the reason that I can pull on it and have it move outwards about one inch away from the timing cover?

and how can lisa edwards help me?</div>
good lord, YES!
stop driving IMMEADIATLY! you could do thousands in damage unless you replace it NOW.

ChikagoGTZ
08-21-2003, 10:34 PM
How much is it to change the timing belt, and replace the water pump?

DPK

bronxbombr
08-21-2003, 10:53 PM
275-325 the most

Livn2sk8
08-21-2003, 10:58 PM
Thanks Manybrews, I don't know what i'm going to do, she'll be paid off in february, and I only paid like 3 grand for her. I don't know how much it will cost to fix, any ideas? rough estimate at what i'm looking at here? or is this something I can do myself?