PDA

View Full Version : rear brakes HELP!!!

yippeeee
08-21-2003, 08:11 PM
I dont know whats going on, front and rear brake pads are in good shape, they squeek, which is pretty annoying, but its not the warning peice of metal they have on their(so when it gets down too far a little peice of metal touches on the edge or rotor and makes a squeel so u kno its down too low) Here is my real concern, the rear brake rotors look like they are hardly being used!, the rotor is like semi rusted where the brake pad usually would have it worn nice n clean, there still is a little bit of clean all the way around, but not the full height of the pad, the brakes seem to work fine, Let me know if you guys have any idea what could be wrong,?!?!?! One other little thing is, the main power window control (driver side one) the switch for the left rear window will intermitently ONLY go down, then when u try to put it up with the main control it doesnt go up, and it seems like it drains the voltage because the idle drops,(more drop than normal) I was thinking possibly a short, but i dont see where there would be a short- i pulled the main control on the driver side apart and cleaned the internals of the switch, I have pretty much ruled that out as being the culprit. I have swapped the rear switches and it still does it on the left side with the right side switch, and when i say intermitantly, usually it doesnt work going up, but sometimes randomly the main control does work for that window up, Any input would be appreciated Nick

ConceptSleeper
08-21-2003, 09:20 PM
is your brake pedal feeling any different???

yippeeee
08-22-2003, 12:06 PM
the pedal seems fine, can brake very hard without any problems... Nick