PDA

View Full Version : 98' Galant

Marine22punksk8
08-22-2003, 01:36 PM
I bought my Galant not long ago. I was wandering what performance parts would enhance both the sound and performance of my car the greatest. I have the money I just don't know much about performance yet. I have already customized the interior and exterior but that is all I seem to know about cars currently any help would be appreciated. Thanks

GalantGuy96
08-24-2003, 02:27 PM
how a bout a nice cold air intake system, its pretty cheap too, like 125 bucks.
that should give some hp.
also a good mufler will give some hp too, also cheap, 100 bucks.
or u can do something about your um... damn i 4got what its called, umm... u know that thing that is from the headers into the exuast....damn i 4got what its called.

peanotation
08-24-2003, 02:30 PM
downpipe?

if ur gonna go all show, i suggest you also do some real performance modding. my car sounds like it has 1000hp at night time due to the cold air and hot muffler, and then i start to think it's as fast as it sounds...and i get proven otherwise all the time due to my ignorance.

GalantGuy96
08-24-2003, 02:31 PM
no not the downpipe. damn its driving me crazy!!!!
ill find it.

2True
08-24-2003, 03:13 PM
Catalytic Converter?

GalantGuy96
08-24-2003, 04:01 PM
YES!!!!!!!!!!!!! thats it, ahhhh feels good

JiP
08-24-2003, 04:24 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Marine22punksk8)</div><div class='quotemain'> but that is all I seem to know about cars currently any help would be appreciated. Thanks</div>

They invented the web specifically for people to learn how to mod and take apart a perfectly good working car. Read through old posts on this board, goto howstuffworks.com and read the articles in the automotive section they are very detailed with moving model pictures and everything...7g is one of the simplest engines to work on so just research before you touch. Also a good idea to look stuff up before posting cause I know the next thing u post is where to buy a CAI and how to install one...use the SEARCH..its been discussed 20000 times

Marine22punksk8
08-25-2003, 09:54 AM
The reason I posted is so I could get some help from people with experience maybe get some sites or ideas of what to do because I really don't know much besides what I have seen in video games and only 60% of those are true mods. I just wants some help if you know someone selling or something you think would be great on a galant post the ideas and I will see what I think. Thanks

JiP
08-25-2003, 06:00 PM
The reason I posted is so I could get some help from people with experience maybe get some sites or ideas of what to do because I really don't know much besides what I have seen in video games and only 60% of those are true mods. I just wants some help if you know someone selling or something you think would be great on a galant post the ideas and I will see what I think. Thanks

http://clubtgc.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=15038 ('http://clubtgc.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=15038')

Dark Anghell
08-26-2003, 07:59 PM
First you got to decide if you want to be fasER than stock, or if you want to be FAST. Ig you want to be faster, search for things like exhaust, CAI, etc. If you want to be fast, seatch for things like 4g63t, etc. Both topics have been covered many many times.