PDA

View Full Version : Chrome or black window trim?

chbuzz
08-24-2003, 10:07 AM
Hey whats up... ok i've had my 8g green es for about 12 hours and I already have the grill and headlights out and clear cornered em. I have a couple questions.. I'm not a big fan of the chrome look and I notice around the window is a chrome trim piece.. does most of them have that or black ones? If anyone rather have chrome... I rather have the black.. if someone wants to trade let me know.

GalantGuy96
08-24-2003, 02:00 PM
are u talking about the stuff around the window? or on the left/right side of the window?
i might be interested

chbuzz
08-24-2003, 03:45 PM
its on the top and bottom of the window.. a factory trim piece

Messiah
08-24-2003, 04:29 PM
You can order those from the dealers, they do come in black...I had to replace one of my rear one...the dealer guy asked me if I wanted it in black or chrome...they're like 40 bux each...

tim888tim
08-24-2003, 05:15 PM
The top pieces are easy enough to just peel off. The bottom section however I just used some wide electricians tape to mask off. Let me know if you figure out how to remove them. I wanted to paint them since I'm not liken the chrome look either.

chbuzz
08-25-2003, 05:25 PM
]You can order those from the dealers, they do come in black...I had to replace one of my rear one...the dealer guy asked me if I wanted it in black or chrome...they're like 40 bux each... $40 for one window? :shock: I was just wanting to replace the bottom chrome.. cus the tops easy to peel off but the bottom is held in by a screw and some adhesive.. so it be $160 to replace all 4 with new :cry: