PDA

View Full Version : ABS speed sensors

suprdav2
08-25-2003, 11:02 AM
My wife has a 2000 ES V6, and 3 of the 4 sensors have gone bad. I went to Mitsu and picked up the sensors and tried replacing, but seems like they are frozen in there good. Anyone know of a easy way to remove the ABS speed sensors?

Dave

manybrews
08-25-2003, 07:24 PM
there isnt one.
you will need to literall chisel the old ones out. its a bitch and a half.

im curious, though. 3 of 4 sensors failing is a near impossibility unless something hit them. How do you know 3 of 4 have failed?

suprdav2
08-26-2003, 08:42 AM
Wife was in an accident a while back, and the abs light came on and stayed on. Had the service guys at the dealership check it out while they had it there for the body work, and they said they hooked it up to the diagnostics computer and said that 3 out of the 4 were showing that they were stuck "open", and that they would have to be replaced.

jomin1016
09-30-2007, 02:16 AM
so what happened?

SleekGTZ
09-30-2007, 08:15 AM
Hey suprdav2, I'm curious, how much is the cost of one sensor from the dealer?

laxinwarrior
09-30-2007, 11:50 AM
Holy thread revival Batman!!!

SleekGTZ
09-30-2007, 11:54 AM
Holy thread revival Batman!!!

LOL! Didn't even notice that! oh well...

masterjohnson
04-19-2011, 10:44 PM
My wife has a 2000 ES V6, and 3 of the 4 sensors have gone bad. I went to Mitsu and picked up the sensors and tried replacing, but seems like they are frozen in there good. Anyone know of a easy way to remove the ABS speed sensor (http://www.racepages.com/parts/abs_speed_sensor.html)?

Dave

is it really bad to revive a thread older than my granma? :059: what if i have the same problem and i use the search button a lot and what if i dont want to create a new thread because it is just the same concern to be repeated again. So somebody will say again "holy batman thread". lol i also want to ask how much would be the abs speed sensor now from my dealer but because this is a batman thread i will just call my dealer.lol anybody here knows where to get much cheaper price for ABS speed sensor? :059:

oooopppps looks like i dont need any help anymore i just figured out answers in here
https://www.thegalantcenter.org/showthread.php?t=40424