PDA

View Full Version : CLEAR CORNERS (easy instructions with pix)

clone2020
08-26-2003, 01:09 AM
http://images.cardomain.com/member_images/11/web/515000-515999/515382_6_full.jpg
http://images.cardomain.com/member_images/11/web/515000-515999/515382_3_full.jpg

http://images.cardomain.com/member_images/7/web/403000-403999/403057_29_full.jpg
http://images.cardomain.com/member_images/7/web/403000-403999/403057_30_full.jpg
http://images.cardomain.com/member_images/7/web/403000-403999/403057_31_full.jpg

<span style='color:red'>NOTE: The key to clearing your corners is having the right tool to get between the orange plastic piece and the clear headlight assembly. The orange lens is wedged into the corner of the headlight assembly. The only thing that holds it into place is a couple millimeters of plastic on the edges except one side. That's the side where you "PULL" the orange lens out through the blinker hole.</span>

http://images.cardomain.com/member_images/7/web/403000-403999/403057_17.jpg
Here is the tool I used. You can get these from almost any hardware store for around $5. If you are unable to get one of your own, I will ship it to your door for $10.

TOOLS: 10mm socket wrench, pliers, cutters & small pry bar or "L" shaped tool.

REMOVAL OF HEADLIGHTS
------------------------------------
1st: Remove the grill (held on by 6 black plastic clips)
<span style='color:red'>tip: When putting the grill back, remember to snap the black plastic clips into the grill first.</span>
2nd: Remove all 4 bulbs from the headlight assembly. (front and blinkers)
3rd: Use a 10mm socket wrench to remove the headlight bolts.
4th: Pull out the headlights.

CLEARING THE CORNERS
-----------------------------------
1st: Use a prybar or anything else to get under the orange plastic piece to pull on it until it breaks or pops out.
<span style='color:red'>tip: Wrap the prybar with duct tape to prevent scratching.</span>
2nd: Brake all the pieces you can until all of it has popped out from the clear housing. (like a rattle toy)
3rd: Use the pliers and cutters to cut/brake the pieces and pull them out through the blinker socket.

DONE.

[b]<span style='color:red'>UPDATE!!! </span>

-Mike.

$$$ DONATE THROUGH PAYPAL $$$

[email protected] and/or [email protected]

escoson
08-26-2003, 01:35 AM
nice tutorial! made it easy for those that dont have clears that want them!

SilverKnight
08-26-2003, 03:50 AM
i like it. this toutorial is more for the KISS (keep it simple stupid) people like me.
Good Job :thumbsup:

mighty
08-26-2003, 11:08 AM
it does read good.......thanks for everyone's help on this board. 8)

galantv600
08-26-2003, 03:58 PM
i tried clearin and didnt work but im gonna try ur way and hopefully itll work better with the prybar! wish me luck

NoRtHeRnCaLiStYLe
08-26-2003, 04:01 PM
:idea: GREAT IDEA! https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif im gonna clear mine... they look way better !!!!

pinoyesv6
08-26-2003, 04:05 PM
here's another tip. don't use the pry bar to pry. you run a change fo breaking the lens. and thats worse than scratching it. use the pry bar or whatever to pull. pull towards the hole the pry bar came thru.

JJHalter
08-26-2003, 10:05 PM
Would that work the same for a 2002 the front grill is different.

Fracken21
08-26-2003, 10:21 PM
I just wanted to post a little tip from my experience in clearing my corners. After I got my grill off and my headlamps out, I tried using a bunch of different tools to get the amber piece to come loose. Nothing worked. But then I decided to make my own tool. All I did was get an old flathead screwdriver and bent about 1/2 inch to 3/4 inch of the top into a 90 degree hook. It was hard to bend, I did it with a pair of locking pliers and a hammer, a vise would work perfectly but i don't have one. Then covered it in eletrical tape so the metal tool didn't scratch anything, that bad. After the amber piece popped out of it spot I got a pair of needle nose pliers and a pair of wire cutters. if you don't have wire cutter's then you can use two pairs of needle nose pliers. Just keep cutting/breaking it into little pieces. I hope this helps you guys. If not, Sorry.

clone2020
08-27-2003, 12:36 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(pinoyesv6)</div><div class='quotemain'>here's another tip. don't use the pry bar to pry. you run a change fo breaking the lens. and thats worse than scratching it. use the pry bar or whatever to pull. pull towards the hole the pry bar came thru.</div>

Yeah, don't pry on it. Just use the "L" shape end of the pry bar to get under the orange lens and pull on it until it breaks or pops out.

-Mike.

2000GTZ
08-29-2003, 01:42 AM
pretty important tip for idiots like me:

when using any tool, make sure it is thin enough so that when you pry, it doesnt hit the hole you went through! (the side corner hole) im lucky mine still has 1 groove left to hold the bulb.. the rest is pretty much sanded down plastic now.

hikix
08-29-2003, 11:50 AM
i finally did it yesterday!!!!! it really is a big pain in the ass, but im glad i got it over with.. i scratched the inside of the lens but not really noticible.. thanks for all your help guys!!!!! https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif

akiraflux
08-29-2003, 04:33 PM
i used a butter knife. bent. but holy crap. first one DID take an hour. i broke a couple pieces out and just couldn't get the last out. second one took 3 minutes to break it all up and another 5 gettin it all out.

mighty
09-02-2003, 10:55 AM
I know this thread is about breaking them, but this weekend my dad helped me do the heating way, and to me, it is MUCH easier and cleaner!!!!!
I can tell someone how I did it, if wanted.......

clone2020
09-02-2003, 01:06 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(mighty)</div><div class='quotemain'>I know this thread is about breaking them, but this weekend my dad helped me do the heating way, and to me, it is MUCH easier and cleaner!!!!!
I can tell someone how I did it, if wanted.......</div>

The only reason I used the "Break & Pull" method was because I thought it would be too much trouble to remove the gasket and also the possibility of water seepage/leakage.

Did you heat the gasket and then pull it apart? Were you able to reuse the original gasket or did you have to use another one?

We should have an organized "tutorial" and "symptom/cause/solution" thread.

If I had the time, I'd do it all...

-Mike.

akiraflux
09-02-2003, 01:51 PM
my only problem with that way is it takes a lot longer. sure the first light took like 45 min to do...but the second one took like 5 min TOPS.

mighty
09-02-2003, 02:31 PM
I took my girlfriends hair dryer (it has a tip on the end and a "cold shot" button) I removed the 4 bolts, and the two grills.........easy as pie.....took the lights out......easy as pie.........tried on the left light to break out the amber piece........NOT easy (all of this is from my experience).......it's such a SMALL ass hole and that amber piece is harder than you think!!!!.....so I/we ended up cracking a little piece of the reflector......I said stop, we are doing it the heating way.
took this dryer and put it on low heat and went over the 1/2' seal for about 10 minutes.......then started at the CORNER of the seal with a flat head, and SLOWLY but firmly slid it down the seal....the exopy is STICKY for your information.
then heated the other side the same way........TAKE YOUR TIME, and all will be worth it......pulled the pieces apart.....once inside the light, there is a phillip screw, take this off, and on the other side is your amber piece......we pulled once REALLY hard and kind of fast, and it broke all out in one piece.....it was awesome because the amber "titties" were still on the amber piece....put the reflector back in, screwed down.
now, I used the original seal, because I took my TIME.....started again on the corner (after pressing the two pieces back together as much as I could), and heated all down the trim again.....then we put the dryer on "cold shot " which is cold air basically, and pressed REALLY hard each little way to get the seal to "lay" back down.....all the way around BOTH sides we did this, and it is like I never opened it.
now all my problem is I have to get the titamium amber bulbs https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif

clone2020
09-02-2003, 06:47 PM
Yeah, I think the more professional way to clear your corners is to take it all apart, remove the orange lens and put it all back together like you did.

-Mike.

TITAN
09-03-2003, 09:52 AM
Would that work the same for a 2002 the front grill is different.

it is exactly the same

jumpordie
09-05-2003, 10:58 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'> https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif great instructs, gonna work on mine soon!! thanks alot; makes the ride look great.</div>

Elwenil
09-07-2003, 03:28 PM
Hey guys, I did it. And it looks really kewl. I wasn't sure how it was going to turn out since my 02 has the argent silver grille and black headlamps, but it totally rocks! Best of all it only took me 45 mins to do it! Most of the time was spent bending and grinding an old screwdriver into the shape I wanted to pull on the reflector, but man, was it worth it. And didn't cost me a dime! Great tip guys! https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif I did scratch the chrome reflector inside a little, but I don't think anyone will notice unless they know to look for it. The second one took no time at all. I just pulled on the reflector and it broke into about 5 long pieces that fell right out of the headlamp bulb hole. What a deal! Here's a tip on putting the grille back in for those who don't know it already. Take the little "push clip to release" fasteners off of the radiator support and the headlamp assembly and put them in the grille first, then snap it all back into the radiator support. That way you don't have to try to get them all lined up at the same time and the clips are all securely locked. Anyway, that's all. Thanks again!
Later...

clone2020
09-08-2003, 12:15 AM
Hey guys, I did it. And it looks really kewl. I wasn't sure how it was going to turn out since my 02 has the argent silver grille and black headlamps, but it totally rocks! Best of all it only took me 45 mins to do it! Most of the time was spent bending and grinding an old screwdriver into the shape I wanted to pull on the reflector, but man, was it worth it. And didn't cost me a dime! Great tip guys! https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif I did scratch the chrome reflector inside a little, but I don't think anyone will notice unless they know to look for it. The second one took no time at all. I just pulled on the reflector and it broke into about 5 long pieces that fell right out of the headlamp bulb hole. What a deal! Here's a tip on putting the grille back in for those who don't know it already. Take the little "push clip to release" fasteners off of the radiator support and the headlamp assembly and put them in the grille first, then snap it all back into the radiator support. That way you don't have to try to get them all lined up at the same time and the clips are all securely locked. Anyway, that's all. Thanks again!
Later...

Yeah, thanks for mentioning that.

The first time I put the grill back on, only 2 or 3 of the clips would snap back into place until I figured out that you had to snap in the clips first.

I'll update the tutorial.

-Mike.

Gladiator
09-10-2003, 04:54 PM
Yea the hardest part is to pry off the orange reflector. On my last attempt I was stuck there and I was afraid to break and scratch my silver inner reflector so I put back my left light bulb https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/sad.gif

I haven't tried to do it again.

clone2020
09-17-2003, 07:23 PM
Yea the hardest part is to pry off the orange reflector. On my last attempt I was stuck there and I was afraid to break and scratch my silver inner reflector so I put back my left light bulb https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/sad.gif

I haven't tried to do it again.

Put some duct tape on your pry bar.

-Mike.

Kermit
09-18-2003, 08:24 PM
I gotta ?
Is it illegal to have your headlights all the way clear? isn't there some kind of law where your turning signal has to be orange, or is the bulb inside orange? i dont know

Monkey
09-19-2003, 07:44 AM
Kermit - florida law states the light bulb needs to be amber colored and it is not illegal to clear out the lens... I've got the blue bulb and have already been pulled over for speeding (I'm fighting it... I wasn't speeding!!) But the highway cop said nothing about my corners and I drive everyday and the locals have left me alone too...

Gladiator
09-19-2003, 09:42 AM
I gotta ?
Is it illegal to have your headlights all the way clear? isn't there some kind of law where your turning signal has to be orange, or is the bulb inside orange? i dont know

It is not legal. That is why car companies put orange reflectors in order to comply to DOT standards. As far as how many po-po enforce it, I'm not sure; just like really dark tints. You can get in trouble for clearing corners tho

TITAN
09-19-2003, 12:18 PM
I gotta ?

It is not legal. That is why car companies put orange reflectors in order to comply to DOT standards. As far as how many po-po enforce it, I'm not sure; just like really dark tints. You can get in trouble for clearing corners tho

thats why I cleared my corners and kept them from blinking, put in clear bulbs, and re-located the "blinkers" with amber L.E.D.'s to a lower spot on my from bumper. Some people put side markers, but the problems you MAY have with this is you MAY not be able to see them from the front. You are supposed to be able to see them from the front when they blinking. Cops MAY give you shit if you only have side markers, but it depends on the cop. here is a pic of where I relocated the blinkers to on a 2003 front bumper....(they are in the little black part near foglight)

http://images.cardomain.com/member_img_a/421000-421999/421568_15_full.jpg
and
[LIST]
can't see it as good, but you get the idea.....

TITAN
09-19-2003, 12:19 PM
sorry, clicked the LIST button and not IMG.....

http://images.cardomain.com/member_img_a/421000-421999/421568_16_full.jpg

ned2xlr8
09-20-2003, 01:40 AM
I cleared my corners and it looks so much better. I commend whoever came up with this. I was looking for headlights with clear corners but this is the best cause it was free. It only took me 30 to 45 minutes. https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/smile.gif I did scratch the silver reflector but just a little. Thanks TGC!

Kermit
09-20-2003, 03:16 PM
KnightRider, what size are your rims? I got a 2k2 Titanium Pearl also, and I'm throwing 18's on it tomorrow. Thats a tight ass idea though with the blinkers in the bottom, how the hell did you go about doing it if you dont mind me asking............

TITAN
09-21-2003, 03:10 PM
KnightRider, what size are your rims? I got a 2k2 Titanium Pearl also, and I'm throwing 18's on it tomorrow. Thats a tight ass idea though with the blinkers in the bottom, how the hell did you go about doing it if you dont mind me asking............

my rims, they are 19s.

and for the little light, I just cut out a hole small enough for them lights to fit thru. (make sure to cut a little smaller when you start out, cuz you can always cut some away, but you cant put any back :wink: ) then we just wired then into the blinker wires. easy. Im thinking about maybe putting some more along that same line horizontally, or str8 up and down(vertically.) We'll see.

PR8GG
09-22-2003, 07:52 AM
Just to let know, I clear my corners last saturday night (while I was watching American Choppers on Discovery) and I use the bake method,
take me about half an hour to do both sides, very easy, clean. :wink:

Monkey
09-22-2003, 10:28 AM
Yo knight that's genius on the blinker... nice work!

taking your head lamps apart method is best imo... nice and clean job fo sho!

Max_Jinas
10-16-2003, 12:52 AM
Cleared them on sunday, using the pull and break method, did scratch the reflector a bit (unavoidable if you use any method than baking). Looks much better than stock.

b_stoened
10-23-2003, 05:33 PM
I like the baking method, cause when you're in there you can paint the chrome trim(except behind the blinker, gotta love masking tape). I went with flat black. That little cap that sits over the bulb the bulb got some too, but I masked a 1/4" vertical line down the center, snake eyes! I saved the orange tags, cut a mitsu star (tri-mond?) out of the center, and painted it black. At night it's really cool but durring the day it's hard to see, so I'm gonna get some reflective tape, and try to copy the outlined red logo. When it's done I'll get some pictures.

Geestylez
02-22-2004, 04:53 PM
I was trying to clear my corners doing the pulls and break method, but i'm having a hard time knocking the reflector loose. i don't know if i'm doing it wrong, but yeah i need help.

Danger DANJ
02-22-2004, 07:03 PM
I don't know what to tell you Geestylez. You just can't be afraid and use all your might I guess. I actually never cleared my corners, but today after like 2 years of saying it, I took my headlights apart. I'm going to paint the inside housing black and smoke the amber lens with Nite Shades. The headlights were pretty easy to get apart after heating them up in the oven. That's what I recommend doing. Just pre-heat the oven to 250 degrees, wait 10 minutes and turn off the oven. Then, place one headlight on a cookie sheet and stick it in the oven for 10 minutes with the oven still off. When the 10 minutes is up take it out and pry up the tabs a little with a small flathead screwdriver. Then pry open the headlight from the flat end (the end that butts up to the grill) with the screwdriver. Once it starts to come open, just use your hands and pull it apart. Then do the same procedure for the other headlight. It was alot easier than I thought. The amber piece can then be removed in one piece real easily.

I forgot to mention...make sure you remove the rubber piece from around the main headlight bulb hole and the light bulbs before you put them in the oven.

NYmagicstk
04-01-2004, 12:35 AM
Hey all, I just finished clearing my corners, by going off the tutorial... It was so damn easy for those who haven't done it yet but want to. I started @ 11:30 pm, and finished @ 1am. That included taking the shit off the car, clearing then reinstalling. What took me the longest was taking the grill and shit off the car. Clearing took me 20 min mostly because I broke one butter knife, and had to heat another one up to bend it without breaking it. I scratched the reflector a lil, but not horribly.
Thanx for the tutorial.

-Very satisfied Galant owner https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif

Radnoken
05-10-2004, 05:07 PM
FYI:

In ohio the law says the bulb has to be white or yellow.

sethmo
05-10-2004, 05:59 PM
The bulb is orange.

Radnoken
05-10-2004, 08:25 PM
right, thats what i said, white or orange https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/smile.gif

kingpimp87
07-23-2004, 06:00 PM
I just did the heating way today after attempting the the pull & break method. The heating way did take a good amount of time using my sisters hair dryer but tryin to pull/pry that orange piece out of the housing with a 90 degree screwdriver was mroe trouble than its worth. I also took my time to preserve the gasket but i used some extra silicone sealant in there and held the lights together with some big zip ties for about 30 min. before i put them back on. I have to say though, the corners do look a whole lot better now, especially with the titaium bubls : :shock:
thanks for the tutorial

MitsuBoyGalant
07-26-2004, 12:23 AM
Good instructions, I cleared my Headlamps today, pulled to hard and busted a peice of the metallic plastic, but its all good 8)

Fall Out Boy
12-28-2004, 06:19 PM
im workin on clearing my corners right now, just came on to double check the oven temp. https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif I ran and bought some silicone too, i was pissed when i looked at my headlights and saw condensation in the right lamp. Gonna pop the light in the oven and pop a lime in my Corona. wish me luck.

Fall Out Boy
12-28-2004, 07:44 PM
guess who just fucked his headlights up.

jscout247
12-30-2004, 08:38 PM
Yo thanks for the advice i did it in under an hour, way easy mod and looks good too

Fall Out Boy
12-31-2004, 02:36 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(jscout247)</div><div class='quotemain'>Yo thanks for the advice i did it in under an hour, way easy mod and looks good too</div>

you use the pry bar method?

jscout247
01-03-2005, 05:35 PM
yup i did

keronic
02-04-2005, 07:36 PM
Nice tutorial. came out real nice, but was a monster getting the yellow out. does anyone know where to get the apc titan chrome/amber bulbs?

clone2020
02-05-2005, 08:45 PM
SHUCKS, PEPBOYS or any other AUTO parts store...

I actually painted my original stock amber bulbs with silver paint before I bought the APC TITAN's...

-MIKE.

Lootrock
02-27-2005, 12:17 PM
Woohoo just cleared my corners today by myself. That was pretty fun. I think I might give the flip flop trunk another try now.

SJDGTZ
04-04-2005, 12:13 PM
nice tutorial, thanks!

clone2020
04-05-2005, 01:20 AM
You're Welcome.

-MIKE.

SJDGTZ
04-17-2005, 08:38 PM
awesome job, did mine today, step by step everything was right. thanks.

wannabee
04-30-2005, 12:36 AM
I did the tutorial today very very easy!!!!!!!! but the only prob i had was that my fuel gauge after filling the full tank hits the F albhabet ie goes beyond the full mark line... nothing major but yeah
Also need to brighten the lite...probably LEDS:) gotta research about that...

cardude03
04-30-2005, 12:50 AM
I did the tutorial today very very easy!!!!!!!! but the only prob i had was that my fuel gauge after filling the full tank hits the F albhabet ie goes beyond the full mark line... nothing major but yeah

:puzzled1:

krispy03
04-30-2005, 12:57 AM
lmfao, are you kidding? better check you blinker fluid too

wannabee
04-30-2005, 01:37 AM
HOLY shit this has to be the dumbest thing ever........ i posted the the thing in the wrong thread i was talking about clear needles not clear corners!!!!!
STUPID me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NYmagicstk
04-30-2005, 02:55 AM
:dumbass: :retard: kidding https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif

seanske99
08-03-2005, 12:01 AM
Cleared my corners and another buddies of mine (chrysler cirrus). Worked liked a charm. 2 cars in under an hour. The tool to use is a paint can opener. nice rounded edges, no scraping of the lens, easy as pie.

clone2020
08-18-2005, 12:35 AM
Great advice on the paint can opener!!!

-MIKE.

shiznit013
12-10-2005, 04:39 PM
Corners = Cleared

It took a little over an hour... breaking stuff is fun. I did scratch the reflective material a bit when the piece finally broke, but the lens is fine. Some of the pieces broke off in chunks too large to fit out the hole, so I took out the main bulb and pulled it through that opening. One of them still wouldn't fit out the larger hole, so I took wire cutters to it--problem solved. Thanks for the tips.

furiousgtz
01-11-2006, 03:23 PM
finally cleared my corners..
http://x12.putfile.com/1/1015071777.jpg
http://x12.putfile.com/1/1015060273.jpg
http://x12.putfile.com/1/1015100928.jpg

mapid145
03-09-2006, 10:55 PM
i got a question.. proballly gonna clear corners tomorrow.. but do i have to take out the grill and headlight assembly???

pinoyesv6
03-09-2006, 10:59 PM
you don't have to remove it but it makes it so much easier if you do. i mean think about how much room you have on the passenger side behidn the headlight to work.

then you have to figure out a way to remove the reflector from the inside of the headlight. if the headlight was out of the car, all you would have to do is shake the headlight.

mapid145
03-09-2006, 11:19 PM
well.. ill see cus the only reason i asked was cus the right clip on my grill is broken.. and i never removed the grill or the headlight before.. so im worrying..

pinoyesv6
03-09-2006, 11:21 PM
if its just 1 clip thats broken you have nothing to worry about. there were times i was just running with 3 clips on the grille holding it on.

SkylineG1
03-09-2006, 11:24 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(pinoyesv6)</div><div class='quotemain'>if its just 1 clip thats broken you have nothing to worry about. there were times i was just running with 3 clips on the grille holding it on.</div>

Hell I'm running with only 3 too https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif

TITAN
03-10-2006, 05:03 PM
I have no clips. Zipties only baby....cuz Im a dumbass and lost EVERY SINGLE CLIP!!!!!!!!!! :oops:

furiousgtz
03-10-2006, 05:06 PM
ya i am missing couple.

mapid145
03-10-2006, 07:14 PM
cleared corners:
http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f265/mapid145/DSC04793.jpg
http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f265/mapid145/DSC04794.jpg

PROBLEM: NEED HELP TO FIX...

http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f265/mapid145/DSC04795.jpg
http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f265/mapid145/DSC04796.jpg

the left side headlight.. the bottom right hole is about to come off completly.. need to know how to fix..

mattalicslvr8g02
03-10-2006, 07:16 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(mapid145)</div><div class='quotemain'>cleared corners: Â*
http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f265/mapid145/DSC04793.jpg
http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f265/mapid145/DSC04794.jpg

PROBLEM: NEED HELP TO FIX...

http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f265/mapid145/DSC04795.jpg
http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f265/mapid145/DSC04796.jpg

the left side headlight.. the bottom right hole is about to come off completly.. need to know how to fix..</div>

plastic apoxy

mapid145
03-10-2006, 07:22 PM
like super glue.. or something else..

mattalicslvr8g02
03-10-2006, 07:25 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(mapid145)</div><div class='quotemain'>like super glue.. or something else..</div>

plastic apoxy you can find at a hardware store it cost's $15 max and works better then superglue on plastic materials

furiousgtz
03-10-2006, 07:48 PM
clear POXY! meanards homedepot...

mapid145
03-11-2006, 04:09 PM
ok.. epoxy didnt work.. it was at a downwards angle so it didnt hold that much.. and so then my dad tried to use like little metal clips to hold it and it didnt work.. so i said F it and i just put it normally and it works pretty nice.. doesnt rattle that much but after i put on the broken piece.it came out pretty nice...

If you guys dont want to use a crowbar.. i used a little hammer and a thin flathead to break the glass. I dont have any pics of me doing but if u do : Tap -Tap, look.. Tap-Tap, look.. it works and i think it does it fast but it could scratch up the reflector but in the end it looks amazing..

pinoyesv6
03-11-2006, 04:54 PM
i say just stop trying to shit bricks and forget about the mount. the headlight isn't gonna go anywhere. there's three other mounts holding the headlight in.

SLS2000
04-29-2006, 12:25 AM
Update.
LS 2000
Cleared lenses. I almost got away with not having to take the headlights out. Unfortunately three small pieces fell towards the front of the headlights and Im now forced to take them out and shake them out.

Tutorial works great with Prybar, Thin bent flat screwdriver, Bent butter knife and Home depot pick set. Ive used them all.

tylang
08-12-2006, 02:44 PM
i have jst finished doing them today and i have a good tip... if u dont already know it take a lot of force to pull the reflector out and on my 1st headlight a chipped off a piece of the silver(so i got a new headlight). To provet your silver from cracking, the best thing to do it to stuff a small rag or towel in the hole then put the bar in a pull it out. The towel will protect the plastic from the downward force of the bar

fastmgalant97
08-17-2006, 11:42 PM
will clear corners work on a 7g

Jackfrost770
08-18-2006, 11:57 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(SLS2000)</div><div class='quotemain'>Update. Â*
LS 2000
Cleared lenses. I almost got away with not having to take the headlights out. Unfortunately three small pieces fell towards the front of the headlights and Im now forced to take them out and shake them out. Â*

Tutorial works great with Prybar, Thin bent flat screwdriver, Bent butter knife and Home depot pick set. Ive used them all.</div>

I need my butter knives for eating (lol) so I just took my girls hair dryer and heated the edges and pulled the light apart at the corner and just let the yellow thingy fall out.

http://img136.imageshack.us/img136/6650/damnie6.jpg ('http://imageshack.us')

CHICAGO_ONE
09-23-2006, 02:50 PM
So I plan on going with the heating method in a few days. My main concern is putting them back together. Is the original glue gonna hold again, or do I need to re-glue it completely?

Also, Im debating on painting the housing flat black...

Should I, shouldn't I?

furiousgtz
09-23-2006, 03:27 PM
So I plan on going with the heating method in a few days. My main concern is putting them back together. Is the original glue gonna hold again, or do I need to re-glue it completely?

Also, Im debating on painting the housing flat black...

Should I, shouldn't I?

noo

use prybar very easy no mess
http://www.hardwarestore.com/media/product/264796_front200.jpg

pinoyesv6
09-23-2006, 08:59 PM
will clear corners work on a 7g

for the 7g you have to open up the housings and remove the reflector that way. if you do a search im sure you can find a couple picture tutorials.

GaLaNt_03
08-06-2007, 10:38 PM
yo i have a 2003 g and i did the left side its just the right side headlight that just doesnt want to come out...i took all 4 bolts out and it still doesnt budge....wat should i do?

SLS2000
08-06-2007, 10:54 PM
keep on working on it and you may want to put some pressure on the bumper in front of the headlight to make the sliding out easier. I will eventually let go if you keep on wiggleing it .

GaLaNt_03
08-06-2007, 10:56 PM
alrite thanks man....ill try 2morrow morning

fliegendaffe
01-18-2008, 12:48 PM
http://images.cardomain.com/member_images/7/web/403000-403999/403057_17.jpg
Here is the tool I used. You can get these from almost any hardware store for around $5. If you are unable to get one of your own, I will ship it to your door for $10.

Bought this exact tool at lowe's today for $3.98+tax

fliegendaffe
01-18-2008, 05:34 PM
http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/6/web/2970000-2970999/2970458_30_full.jpg
http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/6/web/2970000-2970999/2970458_31_full.jpg
http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/6/web/2970000-2970999/2970458_32_full.jpg
http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/6/web/2970000-2970999/2970458_33_full.jpg

hellk4t
03-16-2008, 01:49 PM
http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/6/web/2970000-2970999/2970458_30_full.jpg
http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/6/web/2970000-2970999/2970458_31_full.jpg
http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/6/web/2970000-2970999/2970458_32_full.jpg
http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/6/web/2970000-2970999/2970458_33_full.jpg

What kind bulbs do you have in your heads/fogs?

Ivory8g
03-16-2008, 02:16 PM
he has 8000k (pretty sure its that temp from the looks of it) h.i.d.'s in his heads/fogs

hellk4t
03-16-2008, 02:19 PM
he has 8000k (pretty sure its that temp from the looks of it) h.i.d.'s in his heads/fogs

Werd, thanks.

dknight3
04-01-2008, 04:49 AM
hmm.. does this work on jdm's the same way?

i might do it if its easy..

pinoyesv6
04-01-2008, 11:36 AM
on the 1pc jdm headlight, you have to open them up to remove the reflector.

dknight3
04-04-2008, 02:36 PM
on the 1pc jdm headlight, you have to open them up to remove the reflector.
damn... i really like the all black and silver look.

i might bake them i guess... what kind of sealant do you use on them when you put them back together?

dknight3
04-10-2008, 05:42 PM
answer please. lol

shockwave000
04-10-2008, 05:47 PM
i thought you could just reheat them and use the same glue?

732Galant
04-15-2008, 04:53 PM
pretty sure u can reheat and use the same glue if you do it right, but i could be wrong, i havent done it

99 galant
04-15-2008, 05:05 PM
have silicone there JUST incase teh clue doesnt reseal

Ravyn
04-15-2008, 06:42 PM
this was an awesome quick project i did it in about 45 mins and it really gives it a cleaner look thanks for the idea guys

2003gtz
06-28-2008, 11:24 AM
that was great thanks. I bought the pry bar but i guess the one i got was a little bit to big then i tried to bend a butter knife to pry but all i did was break the knife so i ended up getting it done with a flathead screwdriver scizors and needlenose plyers(real ghetto). But i went by your instructions and it worked great with few scratches to my lights. Like everyone else i noticed that i did the first one in like 45 min then i did the second one in like 5 min. cool great tutorial thanks.

korieyuuu08
11-16-2008, 10:46 PM
i did mine in about 45 mins including painting my frill and the foorlight things black.

QnzMostWanted
11-16-2008, 10:49 PM
frill and foorlight?

greddy
11-16-2008, 10:53 PM
I'll attempt to translate these heathen's language, I believe he meant grill and headlight, but I'm not sure, this isn't a dialect I'm too familiar with.

korieyuuu08
11-17-2008, 09:42 AM
Lmao i was drunk last night and whatever yes i meant grill and headlights

brad995
11-18-2008, 11:08 PM
A nice, simple, and cheap mod that looks good. Just the way I like it:).

airborneparainf82
11-18-2008, 11:47 PM
This was the 1st thing I did to my car after discovering TGC. I then realized that modifying the headlights wouldn't be as hard as I once thought! :)

javi
12-25-2008, 04:59 PM
can u send me the mini bar?

johnygezony
12-25-2008, 10:07 PM
i chipped my reflector a little bit, but other then that it went flawlessly, but it was cold out and i put my bulbs in wrong so i gotta fix that when i get the G back from the tranny shop.

pearlgalant
03-02-2009, 10:12 PM
isnt it illegal?

03-Galant-ES
03-02-2009, 10:20 PM
not if you use a bulb that lights amber when flashed some cars, such as the 2004 mercury grand marquis, come with sock cleared corners and amber bulbs. Cop couldnt tell the difference if you handed them the reflector...once again if you have the amber bulbs in.

TheRipOffSource
03-20-2009, 01:15 PM
I have JDM style headlights now and am not sure how clear corners would look. I have regular lamps before and cleared them and it looked awesome. But, my buddy told me if I clear the corners on the JDM lights it will look like junk. Anyone know?

starh4x
03-20-2009, 03:09 PM
I'm JDM too I think it would look great but maybe its harder for us to clear them or something. I think our lights are smaller so might be harder to maneuver a tool in them than USDM

greddy
03-20-2009, 03:19 PM
you have to take apart the headlights to clear JDMs, my car has JDM heads that have been cleared, the amber part is screwed inside the heads, so you have to back them and take it apart, but it's worth it, here's what mine looks like
http://i414.photobucket.com/albums/pp228/sarukhan12/IMG00037.jpg
http://i414.photobucket.com/albums/pp228/sarukhan12/P1010917.jpg

therev
03-21-2009, 02:25 AM
Awesome tutorial! i like it better than putting mine in the oven...so does my mother..

~Gabe

TheRipOffSource
03-27-2009, 12:22 PM
Yah man your cleared JDMs look damn good. I'm just hesitant to take apart my headlights.

kmh2008
03-31-2009, 05:26 PM
Figured it out.. very nice!

ftp A-town
04-03-2009, 08:15 PM
Awesome tutorial! i like it better than putting mine in the oven...so does my mother..

~Gabe

does it give the oven a smell?

kondypl
07-23-2009, 11:36 PM
can i use the same way on 7g?

Joshua42007
02-09-2010, 07:26 PM
Thank's for this tutorial guys, this makes my headlights look so much better without the orange crap.

jonry
02-09-2010, 08:15 PM
so sick, i have my corners on my galant clear too
http://i152.photobucket.com/albums/s196/jonry/galant.jpg

Galantman03
02-09-2010, 08:31 PM
i actually miss em... when i get another set of heads... i'm going to keep em in... lol

Bloody Arro
02-13-2010, 01:21 PM
^^ I'll trade you mine :D.

Da_Prodigy
02-13-2010, 05:57 PM
meh i was thinking about opening up the headlights and niteshading out the corners and while im at it painted the housing black

ludalu
02-16-2011, 08:00 AM
Hey looks good, cant wait for the weather to get nicer to do mine.