PDA

View Full Version : OBX HEaders?

Wolfman
08-26-2003, 07:25 AM
Anybody heard of the OBX headers? just curious if anybody had them or knew what kinda hp gains they had?

Fishboy55
08-26-2003, 08:37 AM
Check out this thread from Club3G on the OBX headers. There's a lot of opinions and information in this post.

http://www.eclipseforums.org/forum/showthr...ght=OBX+Headers ('http://www.eclipseforums.org/forum/showthread.php?threadid=46456&highlight=OBX+Headers')

Wolfman
08-26-2003, 05:56 PM
Anybody had experience in a 8g galant not a 3g eclipse because its different there than here personally

Sowndwayv
08-26-2003, 10:30 PM
in case u werent aware...the 2 cares are pretty much the same, as is the newer stratus'

Wolfman
08-27-2003, 08:21 AM
I know that everyone says they are the same car pretty much but until the look and run the same they aren't the same car. Anybody tested OBX on the Galant?

Fishboy55
08-27-2003, 08:38 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Wolfman83)</div><div class='quotemain'>I know that everyone says they are the same car pretty much but until the look and run the same they aren't the same car. Â*Anybody tested OBX on the Galant?</div>

Well, if you feel that way, you're going to severly limit yourself in the aftermarket parts arena. We depend on the Eclipse for a lot of what we learn and for a lot of parts, because manufacturers are making much more for the Eclipse than they are for the Galant. Because of that, the Eclipse guys will often be the test bed for parts that are interchangeable on our cars. This gives us valuable real world experience on a car with a different body style but basically the same drivetrain.

VIO
08-27-2003, 09:07 AM
well said fishboy! 8)

Wolfman
08-27-2003, 09:08 AM
I just wanna see some damn numbers for the galant thats all.

akiraflux
08-27-2003, 11:45 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Wolfman83)</div><div class='quotemain'>I just wanna see some damn numbers for the galant thats all.</div>

in case you haven't noticed nobody has given out hard proof numbers from a dyno sheet on their headers.

go figure eh?

Mante
08-29-2003, 09:02 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Wolfman83)</div><div class='quotemain'>I just wanna see some damn numbers for the galant thats all.</div>

Every item that comes out there always has to be one person to try the product out. How about you try them, dyno your car and post some results. This board is not a handholding experience we do promote proactive members!

altima98
08-30-2003, 08:31 PM
Does anybody has any dyno number on a i4..

Mante
08-30-2003, 10:57 PM
Does anybody has any dyno number on a i4..

Want to rephrase the question? Do you mean with the obx headers? ( if so read my previous post) If you meant bone stock I4 roughly 95-104 whp

screamoboy85
09-01-2003, 01:11 PM
If you all look cosley at the obx website they have a header for 8 Gen Galants for 399.00. but it is probally the same thing as the eclipse

http://www.obxracingsports.com/performance...D=3&subcatID=22 ('http://www.obxracingsports.com/performance.cfm?catID=3&subcatID=22')

Elwenil
09-01-2003, 10:26 PM
Yup, and if you look really close, you will notice the part number is the same for 99+ Galants, and the 2000+ Eclipse. So, based on that, I'd say they are one in the same. All other BS aside, has anyone tried anything from OBX Racing? If so, was it a good deal, or is it not a quality product? In other words, I'm not going to shell out $400 on some poor fitting, leaking, etc. headers if there are better stuff on the market. I don't mean to be a pain in the azz, but I'm from a small town in VA, and nobody really has done this sort of thing here. much less tried it on a Galant. Thx for the info...

Mante
09-02-2003, 08:50 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Elwenil)</div><div class='quotemain'>Yup, and if you look really close, you will notice the part number is the same for 99+ Galants, and the 2000+ Eclipse. Â*So, based on that, I'd say they are one in the same. Â*All other BS aside, has anyone tried anything from OBX Racing? Â*If so, was it a good deal, or is it not a quality product? Â*In other words, I'm not going to shell out $400 on some poor fitting, leaking, etc. headers if there are better stuff on the market. Â*I don't mean to be a pain in the azz, but I'm from a small town in VA, and nobody really has done this sort of thing here. much less tried it on a Galant. Â*Thx for the info...</div>

I have the Obx Fpr w/gauge personally love it. If I can remember correctly I was told that the material the obx headers were made of would crack really easy.