PDA

View Full Version : Finally!

Supernova
09-07-2002, 02:08 PM
After 3 freakin long hours, I have finally gotten..... 1 corner cleared. X'D. I did it the way it shows you how to in that video with the guy poping it out with the screw driver. Then I took some pliers and broke it into very very small peices(which took about 1 1/2 - 2 hours). Im going to start on the other light soon, then.. go and by a k&n filter. We already flipped over the air box. Its just that stupid liitle box connected to the side of the air box thats a problem. Aaaand I shaved my emblems, I just have got to get the sticky crap off it now. I'm happy. https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif

ChromeGalant
09-07-2002, 03:13 PM
Good job..

3.5 hours for 1 corner?? Sheesh...took me maybe 45 mins tops the first time for BOTH... lol

Good to hear you shaved the emblems...

You're on your way..

Sowndwayv
09-07-2002, 03:16 PM
yeah that lil resinator box whatever its called is annoyin me too heh..even tho i took out the lower parts of the air box still couldnt get it to fit right. and im thinking about gettin a cone filter for the stock intake, but not quite sure what imma need and where to get it

Supernova
09-07-2002, 03:20 PM
yeah that lil resinator box whatever its called is annoyin me too heh..even tho i took out the lower parts of the air box still couldnt get it to fit right. and im thinking about gettin a cone filter for the stock intake, but not quite sure what imma need and where to get it
Did you get yours to fit though? Mine fits... kinda. The little, well...big resintor box hits the hood when it closes. But it closes. I dont' know if it hurting anything though. If I could just move some of those battary cables it could sit down lower. And I still have to put the head light back in. :?

ChromeGalant
09-07-2002, 03:24 PM
Yeah.. I suggest you just spend the extra 10-20 bucks for a K&N Cone and MAS adapter..

They sell on Ebay all the time..

Supernova
09-07-2002, 05:07 PM
Yeah.. I suggest you just spend the extra 10-20 bucks for a K&N Cone and MAS adapter..

They sell on Ebay all the time..

Nah, I think i'll just get the k&n box filter. I got the thing to fit in there and the hood still closes. They both do about the same thing.

Supernova
09-07-2002, 07:29 PM
Is 600 rpm a good idle(in gear) after I flip the air box?

galant2kde
09-08-2002, 01:02 AM
i did the flip filter mod but after like 1 week i attached the filter really nice and flipped it back down towards the ground, now it picks up a lil quicker and pickes up the cooler air coming out from the ground while driving, lol, what the hell does shaving emblems mean?

2001KnightRider
09-08-2002, 01:59 AM
i got a s and b motorsports cone intake and mas adapter that i'll sell, it's been used but you can just clean it, it's not too dirty, let me know if you want it

Sowndwayv
09-08-2002, 03:34 AM
i did the flip filter mod but after like 1 week i attached the filter really nice and flipped it back down towards the ground, now it picks up a lil quicker and pickes up the cooler air coming out from the ground while driving, lol, what the hell does shaving emblems mean?

whatd u use to secure it? i was thinking about using some twine, but ionno how well that would do...would tape be a bad idea with all the head under there? i mean like duct or electrical tape. and shaved emblems means he took off the badges on the back of the car..to give it a "cleaner" look

i got a s and b motorsports cone intake and mas adapter that i'll sell, it's been used but you can just clean it, it's not too dirty, let me know if you want it

how much u askin shipped? and does anyone know how they compare to the k&n filters? can any cleaning kit be used on the filter?

pinoyesv6
09-08-2002, 04:12 PM

whatd u use to secure it? i was thinking about using some twine, but ionno how well that would do...would tape be a bad idea with all the head under there? i mean like duct or electrical tape. and shaved emblems means he took off the badges on the back of the car..to give it a "cleaner" look

some people have used weather stripping to secure it. i myself i just took some fishing line (i used 30lb braided line just cuz i had some extra that i didnt' need) and just tied it in.