PDA

View Full Version : USDM 8g 99-01 urethane lipkit *interest*

akiraflux
08-31-2003, 08:46 AM
Alright...for those of you not following the main lipkit thread by eracings the urethane lip kit they are making right now is a direct bolt on for 02+ g's. they have said they will make a 99-01 bolt on if there are 10 garaunteed preorders for it. hence this thread.

now i personally have an 02 but i'm starting this interest thread and HOPEFULLY the ordering thread as well out of the goodness of my heart. i ain't gettin anything for this as far as i know but i offered to do it since i'm online like 90 hours a day or somethin.

Here are some pics of the 02 kit in development. because i've seen how these threads usually degenerate into "but i want this one" and "dude make this lip!" i'm going to keep it simple. it's THIS lip. i'm not even gonna say if you can find a diff lip that 10 people like we can do that one cuz it NEVER works. this = front lip. front lip = this.

i may be able to get them to make some different side skirts than the ones they are making already but we'll see on that.

http://speedzmotorsport.com/images/page/P1010052_.jpg

http://speedzmotorsport.com/images/page/P1010050_.jpg

So. if there aren't 10 people willing to throw down money for it i guess it just falls away and dies...

Price is $275 for front lip (with free shipping to 48 states). i have just asked eracings about price for full kit and when they think the side skirts and back will be done. pics/info will be up when i get the rest of the info.

these guys work like mofo's and will start selling the 02 lipkit mid sept. after that they will start work on whatever project is next.

also...they are going to need a 99-01 galant to do the fitment on. they are located in So. Cali so if anybody wants to loan them their car for 2 weeks lemmie know.

so here's the list of buyers:

Z
08-31-2003, 10:41 AM
oooh those angel eye fogs look so sexy on that black bumper

galantv600
08-31-2003, 11:58 AM
id get it if i had the $$ cha ching.. but i need a drop first https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif

galantY2K
08-31-2003, 06:24 PM
i will be intrested but my car is a 2000.......................keep me in mind

akiraflux
08-31-2003, 10:18 PM
i will be intrested but my car is a 2000.......................keep me in mind

er...this is the interest thread for those of you with 1999-2001 galants. you have a 2000. this thread is for YOU https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/smile.gif

seth98esT
09-01-2003, 03:04 AM
i like it, if i had an 8g id rock it :biggrin:

akiraflux
09-01-2003, 11:03 AM
so nobody is interested in it?

HeadAche
09-01-2003, 11:10 AM
Im interested but wont be able to do anything until next month just bought a new set of rioms for my ride, so im kinda tapped out..

screamoboy85
09-01-2003, 01:17 PM
Ill take 1 for a 2002 silver es
is this the same company that eracing was posting for

akiraflux
09-01-2003, 01:19 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(screamoboy85)</div><div class='quotemain'>Ill take 1 for a 2002 silver es
is this the same company that eracing was posting for</div>

yah these are the same guys. but yours is already being made. they are in the final production stages for the 02+ lip kit right now. because it's a direct bolt on for the 02+ it won't fit on 99-01 g's. that's what this thread is for. a direct bolt on lip kit for the 99-01's.

Infamous665
09-01-2003, 01:45 PM
Id also be interested but dont have the money. keep this thread around till the end of September and i'll get one.

spiritborn
09-01-2003, 04:03 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(akiraflux)</div><div class='quotemain'>so nobody is interested in it?</div>

I'm interested. I wonder when will they make the rest of the kit? How much do you think will it cost for the full lip kit (including sides and back). I want them but I want to see the whole kit first. All should be direct bolt on, right? Thanks.

akiraflux
09-01-2003, 04:11 PM
yah direct bolt on for ALL the pieces. right now they are working on the front lip and the full replacement bumper. here's prices

Full bumper kit $899
Full lip kit $599
Mix: Front bumper, 2 sides, 1 rear skirt (lip) $759

i can only assume the skirts will be next then the bumper.

if the general consensus is to wait a bit i can do that. then when they make the bolt on for 99-01 the skirts and back lip will be done as well...

GTZ_Ryde
09-01-2003, 04:37 PM
Yep...I'm definitely interested, but since the 99-01 and 02+ front bumpers are styled differently I'd like to see more of the planned 99-01 lip as it's being developed before fully committing.

Akira, I thought Eracings was still open to design ideas for the 99-01 front lip? Didn't know they were going to try and make the exact same one as the 02+ lip...

akiraflux
09-01-2003, 05:01 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(GTZ_Ryde)</div><div class='quotemain'>Akira, I thought Eracings was still open to design ideas for the 99-01 front lip? Â*Didn't know they were going to try and make the exact same one as the 02+ lip...</div>

they are but has one of those "which of these do you like best" threads EVER worked? i think all the possible lips have already been posted in the previous thread before they started production on it. that's why i figured i'd keep it the same. people would know exactly what they are showing interest in and would know the exact price etc. no surprises and everything up front.

antmoneygtz
09-01-2003, 07:02 PM
im down... looks sweet

PR8GG
09-01-2003, 07:35 PM
can they make ours to look more like the ones on the VR-4? if so, I am in :wink:

BIGMONEYDAY
09-02-2003, 07:16 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(PR8GG)</div><div class='quotemain'>can they make ours to look more like the ones on the VR-4? if so, I am in :wink:</div>

I kinda agree with him, I thought a kit that was more like the Super VR-4 kit would be a good addition to the 99-01 body style. I'm interested but i'm also waiting to see exactly what all type of kit are being started or made by the end of the year before deciding on which one to get. After all, in my quest to be "custom" i'd hate to end up going to shows with 20 other Galants sporting the exact same kit, just because it was the 1st one to be produced. Even though I know I'd be the only local Galant with a certain kit, I'm more concerned with going to bigger shows like Nopi, Tuner Bash, and Spring Break Nat'ls. But if they made a lip kit that favored the Super VR-4 (versus the regular VR-4) and featured maybe something like the infamous "Audi" rear end and maybe some fender flares, I'd be in....just need to see and idea of the finished pieces before i decided for sure.

Fishboy55
09-02-2003, 07:29 AM
I'm working with a vendor for production of the VR-4 lip kit. But that has nothing to do with this thread. Please don't hijack the thread with I want this, I want that, etc....

This is all about a 99-01 lip kit for the front bumper for $275 shipped from eracing. Let's keep it focused on that.

akiraflux
09-02-2003, 09:48 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Fishboy55)</div><div class='quotemain'>Please don't hijack the thread with I want this, I want that, etc.... Â*

This is all about a 99-01 lip kit for the front bumper for $275 shipped from eracing. Let's keep it focused on that.</div>

exactly. if 10 people arent interested in having this exact kit in a 99-01 bolt on then no big deal. we can try something else if/when that time comes. like i said...i'm gettin the 02 bolt on simply cuz i like how it's not all flashy and stuff. i started this thread cuz in the 2 other threads there was an extreme interest in having a 99-01 version.

Z
09-02-2003, 09:51 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(akiraflux)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Fishboy55)</div><div class='quotemain'>Please don't hijack the thread with I want this, I want that, etc.... Â*

This is all about a 99-01 lip kit for the front bumper for $275 shipped from eracing. Let's keep it focused on that.</div>

exactly. if 10 people arent interested in having this exact kit in a 99-01 bolt on then no big deal. we can try something else if/when that time comes. like i said...i'm gettin the 02 bolt on simply cuz i like how it's not all flashy and stuff. i started this thread cuz in the 2 other threads there was an extreme interest in having a 99-01 version.</div>

yeah, if you're interested and have questions post them. if you want to bitch about wanting another lipkit then go start your own "i want this" thread

PR8GG
09-02-2003, 06:43 PM
[quote="akiraflux"][quote=Fishboy55]Please don't hijack the thread with I want this, I want that, etc....

yeah, if you're interested and have questions post them. if you want to bitch about wanting another lipkit then go start your own "i want this" thread

... so dont count with me. I want a lipkit similar to the VR-4! btw, I will post it were I like. :wink:

BIGMONEYDAY
09-02-2003, 07:37 PM
Before you guys start flaming "again", I think the reason that others in addition to myself posted anything like "i want this" and the suggestion of a VR-4 lip kit, is due to in the other threads that pertain to this particular 99-01 lip kit, suggestions were being taken for "ideas" for this application. This is the only reason.

Z
09-02-2003, 09:20 PM
Before you guys start flaming "again", I think the reason that others in addition to myself posted anything like "i want this" and the suggestion of a VR-4 lip kit, is due to in the other threads that pertain to this particular 99-01 lip kit, suggestions were being taken for "ideas" for this application. This is the only reason.

has anyone read all of the first post?

because i've seen how these threads usually degenerate into "but i want this one" and "dude make this lip!" i'm going to keep it simple. it's THIS lip. i'm not even gonna say if you can find a diff lip that 10 people like we can do that one cuz it NEVER works. this = front lip. front lip = this.

akiraflux
09-03-2003, 02:44 PM
alright...clearly there isn't enough interest in this kit to have it made. in a couple weeks i'll revist the idea for the vr4 lipkit to see if that one goes anywhere.

ssgalant
09-03-2003, 07:26 PM
how soon do you need the money? i'm interested, but like most people i just dropped money on other mods (rims, tires, springs, struts and shocks)