PDA

View Full Version : cold air intake for a 97 galant

steve18sccc
08-31-2003, 06:21 PM
i bought the intake kit off ebay for a 94-01 integra gsr and i bought a mass air flow adapter off ebay my question is do i need more than one mass air flow adapter to hook up the intake and where can i get one of those bi pass valves that i see in the pictures of the intakes eveyone has installed if some one can let me know thanks

Hodgson316
08-31-2003, 08:16 PM
you only need one mas adaptor. There is a site that sells connectors somewhere around here but can't remember where it is. Hope this helps https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/smile.gif

krazienluv10
09-01-2003, 12:53 AM
yea u need only one mas... if u mean the black reducers, u can go to home depot and get them its about 8 bucks each though... go to the plumbing section... https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif

steve18sccc
09-01-2003, 03:29 PM
i have seen some pictures of other cai that people have in stalled it looks like i need 2 of the rubber reducers one for the front and one for the back of the mass air flow if i need one for the back won't i need and mass air adapter to hook it up

BLsGalant97
09-01-2003, 04:37 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(steve18sccc)</div><div class='quotemain'>i have seen some pictures of other cai that people have installed it looks like i need 2 of the rubber reducers one for the front and one for the back of the mass air flow if i need one for the back won't i need and mass air adapter to hook it up</div>

No..see the front of the MAS is oval shaped...the CAI tube is a circle shape...thats why you need the adapter...but the back of the MAS is already a circle so there is no need for the adapter. So you only need 1 adapter for the front.

Hodgson316
09-01-2003, 06:00 PM
the back of the mas is kind of bigger but the connecters will fit. BTW it is a biotch to get on :x

krazienluv10
09-02-2003, 01:32 AM
well for me i actually have 3 reducers... kuz the mas i have is a 4" and the piping i have is 3" and the filter i have is 4" ....plus the oval on the other side makes it 3 mas for me :?