PDA

View Full Version : Headlight Wiring Problems

oldchevron62
09-04-2003, 05:53 PM
Hey fellow g owners i got a problem.

My wiring on the drivers side headlight melted today. So i went to autozone to get an aftermarket wireing harness and tried to put it on. My problem is the lowbeams wont come on but my high beams will. I preety much tried every wire combination i think there is or i just damn frustrated right know. I any body know how to do this please help.

Reelax
09-04-2003, 06:26 PM
check all the fuses... both inside the car and under the hood. also you melted the H4 plug or the 1157 socket? both are 3 wire harnesses, just making sure.

pinoyesv6
09-04-2003, 06:28 PM
make sure the connection for the low beam is good. uhm if you have a volt meter or something like that, check to see if you have power going to the wire for the low beam.

Kalamidad
09-04-2003, 08:13 PM
Also, check that the low beam wire did not break inside the bulb from you moving it around. As for the combinations, us the left headlight to find out which on is the low beam and which one is the high beam. I woun't tell you because the last time i changed my harness was a long time ago and i can't remember.

oldchevron62
09-04-2003, 09:26 PM
Well i checked all that and the fuse was blown in the fuse panel inside the engine. I wired all this wires and turned on the lights and my light blinks and the fuse pops. I have StreetGlow bulbs. So i switched bulbs from the other side and it did the same. I clicked on my high beams and they work fine without poping fuses. So i bought the new bulbs (oem style) and the work fine without blowing fuses. So im lost. Any idea what the hells going on know. And the street glow bulbs work fine in the passenger side but not the driver.