PDA

View Full Version : looking for suggestions

dblock7
09-06-2003, 10:16 PM
i have an '03 black galant. i have 18" rims. i want to make some changes to my whip. i don't know what to do. i want to drop it,get a kit for it and do some engine mods. any suggestions or ideas for me would be appreciated

quicksilver22
09-06-2003, 10:22 PM
are you corners cleared? if not, DO IT!!!!!!!

Drop
Exaust
Sound System
StrutBar
CAI
Ripp SDS
maybe some of those pretty lights that go in and outside the car that cops love to write tickets for. 8)

etc.......

dblock7
09-06-2003, 10:29 PM
i have a sony cdxmp head unit, sony 300x4 amp, kicker 300.2 amp,kicker comp vr 12" in a ported box, sony 6.5 in the doors and pioneer 6x9's in rear deck. i'm looking for a tv and some new speakers for the inside

quicksilver22
09-06-2003, 10:36 PM
pretty decent set up, i personally like the Kenwood Video screens, you know, the touchscreens, oooo, my friend has one in his SI. comes out, touch the screen, it plays CD's and dvd's too. freegin nice,

dblock7
09-06-2003, 11:19 PM
should i get coilovers or springs? i get some snow where i'm at. i have 18's how much should i drop it and what kind of exhaust is good

Elwenil
09-06-2003, 11:55 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(dblock7)</div><div class='quotemain'>should i get coilovers or springs? i get some snow where i'm at. i have 18's how much should i drop it and what kind of exhaust is good</div>

It really depends on what you want. Personally, I want the coil-over set up because I want the adjustability. I'm pretty good at setting up suspension, (thank you Gran Turismo :wink: ) so I want to have that option. Plus it's nice to be able to raise and lower the suspension height at will without to much trouble. Still not as easy as air, but it handles better. Be aware that you might need a camber correction kit or something, but some of these other guys can tell you more about that. Speaking of telling more, anyone tried JIC Suspension? It looks like a good set up, with the adjustable valving and height, but it's a little high priced at $1600. Any thoughts?
Later...

Green Machine
09-07-2003, 12:49 AM
Not to hijack your topic, but, how loud does your comp vr hit? I have one on the way and I need to decide if it is loud enough or if I should order another. I'll be running 450 rms to it. Thanks

dblock7
09-07-2003, 07:04 PM
it hits nice! quality sound, but if you wnat to blow out some windows, get another or get a solo-baric! they hit like shit!!!!

ChromeGalant
09-07-2003, 07:35 PM
Welcome Dblock..

You sound like you need to hook up with the NJ Chapter of TGC ('http://www.tgcnj.com/')