PDA

View Full Version : Strut bars (front, rear, under chassy?)

Sillyasianz
09-06-2003, 11:52 PM
Okay, I bought a GDI strut bar through a member, but its missing parts (fedex sucks). I wanted to know about strut bars.
What works on our car?
I have read some members have:

FRONT
RRE (limited production)
Eclipse (what years fit?)
GDI (anyone know if i can still get em?)
Tanabe (huh, what, how?)
Freedom design (how is it)

REAR
Norcal (whats the 411?)
what else......

**I've seen that someone was selling some that is bolted under your car. Last time I saw it , it was a limited time offer. Anyone know what im talking about...

Tell me what u know, and what you THINK is best. Links would help alot. I tired searching for it, but nothing really specific, unless im blind...

Auto-9
09-07-2003, 12:24 AM
Here are my experiences.

Front:
Freedom Design - great design, great fit and finish
01-03 Eclipse GT/GTS - my favorite, it's OEM, fits perfectly, no flex points, cheapest

Rear:
No experience with any bars. None will fit without you cutting the vehicle's body, and none are recommended by neither RRE nor D3.

I'm not sure what underbody strut bars you're talking about, but if you're talking about chassis braces only D3 makes them, and most members agree they're a good addition. If you're talking about the tie bar I think most members also have favorable impressions about the ones offered by Tanabe and OBX.

TITAN
09-09-2003, 05:27 PM
hey this is about 2 months ago, when they said they had made a CSK for the Galant. (It was actually for the 3G eclipse, same thing tho)

check this out....

To D3:

I SEE YOUR ADVERTISEMENT ON WWW.THEGALANTCENTER.COM
AND I SEE THAT YOU ARE
MAKING A FULL BODY STIFFENING KIT FOR THE 3G ECLIPSE
AND I WAS WONDERING: IS
THIS THE ONE YOU ARE PROPOSING TO SELL TO US? I DO
KNOW THE 8G GALANT AND 3G
ECLIPSE ARE ALMOST FULLY COMPATIBLE. ALSO, I WOULD
LIKE TO KNOW THE PRICE ON
THIS KIT WITH SHIPPING INCLUDED TO A BUSINESS
ADDRESS IN ARIZONA.

THANK YOU,

MIKE

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

From D3:

Hello Michael,
Thank you for your interest in our new products. Yes,
the application is the same for the 3G as the 8G
Galant. We have a number of customers that use the
CSK-C for the 8G Galant. The price for the Galant kit
is $275 plus $30 for shipping. The total is $305.00
shipped. Please let us know if you have any other
questions.
Thank you,

James Gill
D3 Automotive Designs
www.dthreedesigns.com
310-428-7716

pinoyesv6
09-09-2003, 06:37 PM
just curious. what's missing from the strut bar?

Reelax
09-09-2003, 06:42 PM
haha you foregot to ask me when u were over here...

i have the RRE STB and the D3 chassis kit. in fact i was one of the prototype testers for both.

they both are good pieces. the RRE STB does not have mounting rings that bolt under all 3 studs per side, however... it just bolts to the 2 inner bolts of the struts and is not adjustable, but is VERY stiff and light weight finished in grey powdercoat.

the D3 CSK is a 5 piece kit made up of stainless machine pressed bars that bolts directly to the chassis to triangulate some of the cross members.

a upper rear STB for our cars is not recommended (as it is unneeded).

OBX makes a rear lower tie bar. i don't have this piece but plenty of members on here do now.

TITAN
09-09-2003, 06:51 PM
just curious. what's missing from the strut bar?

what exaclty do you mean??? I dont see what you are talking about.

pinoyesv6
09-09-2003, 06:53 PM
what exaclty do you mean??? I dont see what you are talking about.

Okay, I bought a GDI strut bar through a member, but its missing parts (fedex sucks)

Sillyasianz
09-10-2003, 03:04 AM
okay, the GDI strut comes with 3 pieces. The 2 side parts that bolt on to the car and a long bar across that says "GDI". That bar, the essential part was missing. I got the 2 brackets that connect to the suspension, but no bar. Fedex lost it some how?!?!?

VIO
09-10-2003, 09:03 AM
okay, the GDI strut comes with 3 pieces. The 2 side parts that bolt on to the car and a long bar across that says "GDI". That bar, the essential part was missing. I got the 2 brackets that connect to the suspension, but no bar. Fedex lost it some how?!?!?

what? why would anyone ship it in two different boxes? that would just increase shipping costs and allow for a problem such as this.

TITAN
09-10-2003, 09:57 AM

what? why would anyone ship it in two different boxes? that would just increase shipping costs and allow for a problem such as this.

maybe the member took you for a ride. hopefully not.

Sillyasianz
09-10-2003, 01:36 PM
noo, it was in ONE box. It was in a long triangle shaped box. I read the weight the box was suppose to be online versus now, something was removed from the box. the corners aren't even tapped anymore. THere was no padding left inside, just 2 parts rolling inside. HE has filed a claim on fedex. I have dealt w/ him b4. I bought my headers from the member (esdriver00) I trust him.