PDA

View Full Version : Manual Swap

souniq
08-14-2002, 08:45 AM
I saw pictures of some show galant on the easst coast that has done the manual swap, i'll post the link if and when and I find it again.

Cyniket
08-14-2002, 12:35 PM
I saw pictures of some show galant on the easst coast that has done the manual swap

The keyword there is SHOW :? :roll:

pinoyesv6
08-14-2002, 12:36 PM
I saw pictures of some show galant on the easst coast that has done the manual swap, i'll post the link if and when and I find it again.

u sure its not a shift knob with boot...every1 gets tricked by that everyday...

Fishboy55
08-14-2002, 01:33 PM

u sure its not a shift knob with boot...every1 gets tricked by that everyday...LOL Funny you should mention that. I had three people ask me at the track Friday night if my car was a 4 or 5 speed.

Tiller
08-15-2002, 01:20 AM
i'll put $50 up that this doesn't get done...

RedGalant2k1
08-15-2002, 02:55 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Tiller)</div><div class='quotemain'>i'll put $50 up that this doesn't get done...</div>

wanna send the money to me now? when i have enough dough to fix potential problems i'm doing it, no question.

souniq
08-15-2002, 07:35 AM
dayam, I wish I would have bookmarked that page...

Tiller
08-15-2002, 11:11 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(RedGalant2k1)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Tiller)</div><div class='quotemain'>i'll put $50 up that this doesn't get done...</div>

wanna send the money to me now? when i have enough dough to fix potential problems i'm doing it, no question.</div>

hit me up AFTER the task is complete...

Tiller
08-15-2002, 11:13 AM
ohhh, i wasn't talking to you...! :wink:

RedGalant2k1
08-16-2002, 07:41 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Tiller)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(RedGalant2k1)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Tiller)</div><div class='quotemain'>i'll put $50 up that this doesn't get done...</div>

wanna send the money to me now? when i have enough dough to fix potential problems i'm doing it, no question.</div>

hit me up AFTER the task is complete...</div>

no problem.

Mgalant99
08-18-2002, 10:49 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Tiller)</div><div class='quotemain'>i'll put $50 up that this doesn't get done...</div>

Tiller,

Why do you have to be dissing me like that and saying that it won't be done. I have already talked to a custom body shop and I am going in tomorrow with my car. We are going to look for parts and see what exactly will need to be done and go from there. I asked for peoples suggestions and help on what will be needed and whatnot, I didn't ask for negative comments.

Plus I have someone who if these guys are too expensive, he will do it. He is nationally sponsored by tons of major racing teams and he can do anything. Hes built racecars for nascar teams from scratch for them!!! So when my car goes in storage in 2 and a half months I will have 6 months to work on it. Just my two cents. Sorry.

burthold
08-18-2002, 10:55 PM
The manual swap is a very doable thing. You just need a tranny cluch petals shifter someone to install it and time. Seems to me you have most of that if you just get a good installer. Good luck with the conversion!

Wes

Strahan
08-18-2002, 11:04 PM
Yea, if you get it done and it turns out well, post the shop and some contact info. I'd like to do the same eventually, but it's always a pain trying to find a shop that really knows what they're doing.

TJC
08-18-2002, 11:10 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mgalant99)</div><div class='quotemain'>
....Plus I have someone who if these guys are too expensive, he will do it. Â*He is nationally sponsored by tons of major racing teams and he can do anything. Â*Hes built racecars for nascar teams from scratch for them!!! Â*So when my car goes in storage in 2 and a half months I will have 6 months to work on it. Â*Just my two cents. Â*Sorry.</div>

Glad you got a hookup. Hope it comes out clean! I don't doubt that it can be done. Just the pedal linkages into the cabin might be a little tricky. And don't know if the ECU needs to change too.

SuperchargedGTZ
08-20-2002, 09:14 AM
the ecu is going to have to change......Mgalant.....i also am starting to get together parts for a manual swap.....if you havent already looked there is a good place for used car parts such as 5sp trannys

http://www.car-part.com/ ('http://www.car-part.com/')

saw some in good condition for like 850$

Good luck with everything, if you can....give me updates as you go cause before next summer i plan on having this done with sc and upgraded internals, just a few more K$$ to go

any help looking for parts let me know https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif

burthold
08-20-2002, 09:34 AM
I didn't think you would have to change the ECU you are just ditching the computer for the auto tranny I would think if you had to have another ECU pick one up off of and eclipse that had a manual tranny in it.

Wes