PDA

View Full Version : tune up... i need help..

antmoneygtz
09-09-2003, 02:43 PM
whats up guyz... well couple questions... first i am doin my tune up this weekend hopefully if its nice... i bought a new air filter for my cai, magnicor spark plug wires, denso spark plugs. oil filter and 10w30 weight amsoil racing motoroil... (6 buckz a quart) which is nuts... my question is this... a) do i need to replace anything else at 30k? and https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/cool.gif can someone explain to me how in the hell am i gonna get to those three plugs in the rear of my engine bay. i tried lookin for a editorial but i found nothing... if ya can help i'd really appreciate it... thanx... oh and as for tranny fluid... im gonna replace that too...

peace

pinoyesv6
09-09-2003, 03:04 PM
check your coolant. you might wanan replace that.not too hard to do. just messy. check the hoses for them. uhm check the brakes. check for wear and stuff like that. check the tires, check for wear, rotate your tires, blance. alignment blah blah blah.

as for the plugs. check out club 3g. they probably have a tutorial for that. get a hold of the service manual that will show you how thigns go together. i know there was a link around here but it went away. try a search, you might be able to find it.

Ed
09-09-2003, 03:50 PM
good luck man....I did a tune up about a month ago and it only took me 3 hours to take off the pelnum (sp) to even get to the plugs.... :evil:

I was pissed. Its only like 20 screws and 6 little ass clips...

manybrews
09-09-2003, 04:38 PM
okay, you dont replace the plugs on the v6 at 30000 miles.

theyre platinum plugs, not due until 60k.

replacing them now is a complete waste of time and money. frankly, theyve proven to be good through 100k miles for the most part. same goes for the wires.

but to replace the rear plugs you need to remove the plenum. not something a backyard tech should probably be doing, because chances are you wont get it back on correctly.
incidently, the reason for the platinum plugs is due to the fact that the rears take about 2 hours to replace.

also, at 30k your coolant and trans fluid are due to be changed.