PDA

View Full Version : Motor Mount Inserts

STL95LS
09-08-2002, 09:42 PM
Has anyone used the motor mount inserts for a 95-99 eclipse on a 95-98 Galant. Specificaly the ones from optauto.com. :?:

Kain
09-08-2002, 10:08 PM
I used the Energy Suspension ones. I took them out five minutes after I put them in. The car just shook too bad at idle in Park or drive with foot on the brake. If you have a 5 speed, it'd likely be tolerable, but if you have an auto I doubt you'll be able to stand it. Though, on a brighter note, the front mount in the auto is about 3X as beefy as the manual transmission mount. If anyone wants the mounts I've got two sets. One complete set, and one for just the rear. (an automatic can only use the rear inserts since the front mount is nearly solid.) All I want is $10 plus whatever it costs to ship.

(P.S. for the moderators. I'm not specifically trying to sell these, I could care less if they sit under my desk forever. I'm just willing to sell them to someone who wants to try them but dosen't want to risk money for something they may not like)

Kain
09-08-2002, 10:08 PM
I used the Energy Suspension ones. I took them out five minutes after I put them in. The car just shook too bad at idle in Park or drive with foot on the brake. If you have a 5 speed, it'd likely be tolerable, but if you have an auto I doubt you'll be able to stand it. Though, on a brighter note, the front mount in the auto is about 3X as beefy as the manual transmission mount. If anyone wants the mounts I've got two sets. One complete set, and one for just the rear. (an automatic can only use the rear inserts since the front mount is nearly solid.) All I want is $10 plus whatever it costs to ship.

(P.S. for the moderators. I'm not specifically trying to sell these, I could care less if they sit under my desk forever. I'm just willing to sell them to someone who wants to try them but dosen't want to risk money for something they may not like)