PDA

View Full Version : adding trunk unlocking ability from remote

VIO
09-11-2003, 09:41 AM
i have a 2000 es with remote door locks but i don't have the option to pop my trunk with the remote. does anyone know how to add this function without installing an aftermarket alarm or remote openning system? i nkow i would need to get new remotes but can you just purchase the cylinoid (spelling, i think that's what it is) to pop the trunk and hook it up or is that not a possibility?

TITAN
09-11-2003, 12:27 PM
you might try the dealership and ask them if your year of car came with the option and then go from there.

the reason I say this is because my uncle bought a truck from dealership without alarm, then one day he locked keys inside. locksmith started messing around, trying to open the door, he hooked something and then all of a sudden an alarm starts going off. like i said before he had no alarm. so after the weekend he took it to dealership and said WTF??? they said "oh yeah, its an option, of course it has to be paid for, and we can get a code from the manufacturer if you want it upgraded." Unfortunatly, I doubt that will be the case. I would recommend the door/trunk popper.

I know that dealerships know almost nothing when it comes to the cars they sell. all they know is "its a sale." but it is worth a try

Khopari
09-11-2003, 12:30 PM
i have LS and mine has the trunk opener from the remote,, umm if you are really good at this shii u can install one by your self just tell dealer to order the parts for you.

peanotation
09-11-2003, 12:32 PM
i have LS and mine has the trunk opener from the remote,, umm if you are really good at this shii u can install one by your self just tell dealer to order the parts for you.

yeah, ur just gonna have to do that, or find the solenoid from a junk yard. and what knight rider said is true, dealers dont know shit about their cars. the guy at my mitsu dealersip tried to tell me the evo was a inline 6

TITAN
09-11-2003, 12:33 PM
yes kho, but you have 2002, he has 2000. i know they are mostly the same, but the auto trunk release may not have been an option in that year.

VIO
09-11-2003, 01:43 PM
yes kho, but you have 2002, he has 2000. i know they are mostly the same, but the auto trunk release may not have been an option in that year.

i believe that the remote release was available that year. i would assume (not always correctly :wink: ) that the wiring would be in place for the solenoid but without the solenoid. i was just wondering if anyone had any experience with this. and damn, i really fucked up the spelling of "solenoid" in my original post didn't i? :oops: i am the worlds worst speller you know. :wink: