PDA

View Full Version : GTZ

THX1139
09-08-2002, 10:28 PM
ok...I am not a galant authority or anything, so please, keep the "You are a moron!" posts to one per member...

I just wanted to know the main differences between the all-mighty GTZ and the rest of our Galants. Thanks

(ES stands for extra special, right?)

Tiller
09-08-2002, 10:47 PM
12 way adjustable power seat, leather standard, leather wrapped shift knob, security system, carbon fiber trim ('02 model), traction control, slightly lower height, firmer shock / spring rates, heate4d side view mirrors, body colored moldings all around, 210w Infinty system, side air bags, rear heat ducts, 16" alloys, power moonroof...

i think alot of these features are avaialbe on the ES, but they are all standard on teh GTZ...

and the ES means... <span style='font-size:25pt;line-height:100%'>E</span>at <span style='font-size:25pt;line-height:100%'>S</span>hit you friggen MORON...!https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/wink.gif

THX1139
09-09-2002, 03:12 AM
tiller...you really are one negative guy aren't you? that's cool, I guess it must be fun to just wait till people post something and then type "GHEY" a bunch of times....i gotta respect that.

Kingman
09-09-2002, 12:02 PM
The performance advantages are:

The V6 which is available on other models
.5" lower ride height thanks to:
Eclipse Springs and shocks.

These springs and shocks are shorter, and stiffer than the other galant equipment.

artman20
09-09-2002, 12:32 PM
Disadvantage is all the nice additions put a few pounds on the GTZ, so the other V6 G's may have a small weigh/power ratio..........

Auto-9
09-09-2002, 12:35 PM
Aye it's heavier...but my V6 isn't exactly much lighter, I bought the premium package which pretty much covers most of what the GTZ has except spoiler, suspension, and power seat.

Kingman
09-09-2002, 05:21 PM
I was one of the lucky ones. I did not get the spolier on my GTZ. One advantage of the 2002.

Supernova
09-09-2002, 05:35 PM
I was one of the lucky ones. I did not get the spolier on my GTZ. One advantage of the 2002.

Thats an advantage? o.O

Kingman
09-09-2002, 05:37 PM
I think it is. I don't care for the look of the GTZ spoiler or any spoiler really.

Reelax
09-09-2002, 05:43 PM
umm... the ES V6 is probably the best choice for tuners... i mean if u weren't planning on getting new wheels, dropping the car, and getting a new system, then the GTZ would be a good choice, otherwise the GTZ has everything that a tuner would go ahead and change anyway. the GTZ come standard with leather, white faced gauges and a mooroof and 5 channel infinty stereo. i don't quite like the GTZ / LS side molding, wing, color matched grill and rear plate garnish but that's just my preferrence. the GTZ also has a thinner front ant-roll bar and a thicker one out back w/ marginally shorter springs.

pinoyesv6
09-09-2002, 05:52 PM
you guys keep talking about weight. does that really matter? i mean the difference between the GTZ and the ES is about 20-40 lbs, the ES being lighter. and yea mosty of that can be evened out by the amount of gas in the tank, or a system in the trunk. the difference between the i4 and the v6 is like 2-3 hundreds lbs and yea there you go again, thats like one or two people right there. not that much of a weight difference.

the 99's were the lightest of the galant. mainly because the 2k+ had the addition of optional traction control and because there were more fed specs in 99 than any other year for the 8g