PDA

View Full Version : problems when i bought the car

99blkgalant
09-12-2003, 04:15 AM
hey there i am new i just bought a 99 black galant about 2 months ago and i am haveing problems

1. tie rod replaced on the right side ( still dont know why)the dealer didnt tell me about this.
2. engine was steam cleaned ( rusted my spark plugs in and killed my wires.
3. two alignments done ( one when the tie rod was replaced and another one from goodyear they said big o didnt do it)
4. new wires on the car couldnt find anything in louisville ky ( bought some ngk ones dont know if there any good )
5. three year old battery ( that the dealer told me was new)
6. front brakes were only 5 % when i bought the car
7. car is idleing so rough it is like the front end is going to come off
7. turn the a/c on if jerks the car front to back

if anyone can tell me or give me some help with this please do i am going to need it i love is car only has 54,000 miles on it and all these problems start ahhhhh :shock: :cry:

bronxbombr
09-12-2003, 07:45 AM
Take it back to the dealer and demand they look over and fix all the problems. :twisted:

99blkgalant
09-12-2003, 12:53 PM
i did that and they told me we dont do the internal inspection only a visual inspection

and it wasnt from like a like mitsubishi dealer or anything just some crazy dealer

Gilhuly
09-12-2003, 03:20 PM
I hate to be a bummer, but this is why you should always have a mechanic look at (read:pay) a car you are serious about. He would have caught a lot of that and you would have been in a better position to make your decision. On the rough idle, clean your throttle body w/ some carb cleaner and a toothbrush. Personally, I would be very skeptical of a freshly steam cleaned engine. It's no way to prove that the head gasket is still holding up.

99blkgalant
09-12-2003, 07:10 PM
ur right i should have done that and for the throttle body they cleaned it and everything when i took it to goodyear maybe it is the place i am takeing it to i mean i still have a 3 year warrenty on it so

StealthGTZ
09-12-2003, 11:43 PM
1. tie rod - Did you pay for this or did the dealer?
2. engine was steam cleaned - Did you steam clean it or did the dealer?
3. two alignments done - I'm guessing you paid for the alignments?
4. new wires on the car couldnt find anything in louisville ky - Magnacore is what most buy for aftermarket sparkplug wires.
5. three year old battery - I haven't seen a OEM battery that lasts more than 3 years. I expect to replace mine this winter.
6. front brakes were only 5 % when i bought the car - Galants are legendary for having bad brake rotors. They warp easy. See www.raceconcepts.com for a new set of rotors/pads. TGC members get a discount.
7. car is idleing so rough it is like the front end is going to come off - Any SES lights? Did you mod the air intake? Air leaks between the MAF sensor and the throttle body? An air leak on a manifold vacuum line? There should be a vacuum hose diagram on the hood. Are all the hoses attached to the right vacuum ports? Are the hoses in good condition (no splits/leaks)?
7. turn the a/c on if jerks the car front to back - Bad motor mounts? Is this a 4cyl engine (less hp available to run the AC)?

You say you have a three year warranty.If you have any 3 yr warranty left on a '99 Galant, Sam Swope Mitsu on Hurstbourne Ln should honor it (they have for me on my '01 GTZ).

Bottom line - if you are not mechanically inclined, it's best to pay a mechanic to look over any used car you contemplate buying.

99blkgalant
09-13-2003, 05:42 PM
also i ment to say i called the warrenty company and ask them if it was covered and they told me the tie rod wasnt covered so i had to pay for it

i didnt steam clean it i havent even cleaned the engine yet

also the battery it is a green lable inter something battery

the_kage
09-13-2003, 09:34 PM
Green + Inter "something" = Interstate Battery.. decent brand name.