PDA

View Full Version : what color is stock 02+ headlights?

Sowndwayv
09-09-2002, 01:43 AM
i know they are dark..but are they black, or a dark gray? i have a black car and would like the housing of my headlights to match my car. would it be easier to try to open the headlight and paint it myself (as a member on here did..not sure who tho).or shuld i shell out the money for the lights? (assuming its dark enough to match the black on my galant)

my friend rented a galant awhile back..didnt really look at the color of the headlight housing..but wanted to switch them out with my 01 headlights..but was worried he would get in some kinda trouble..so didnt risk it

pinoyesv6
09-09-2002, 03:45 PM
painting the inside of the headlights is fairly easy but u can mess up good too. read the tutorials on making projector headlights to see how to open up the housing and how to seal it back up. thats the hardest part. and then for painting any high temp paint should work good. just make sure u know which areas to paint so u don't paint the main reflectors...

GalantT3
09-10-2002, 04:56 PM
The color inside the 2002 headlights all depends on what color the car is. On light color cars like the beige or silver the headlight is grey inside but on the black color cars the headlight the inside is black.

If you are going to get the 2002 headlights just tell them you want 2002G Galant headlights for a black galant or just tell them the ones that are black inside?

:peace: