PDA

View Full Version : auto tranny is slipping on 7G, whats wrong? please help.

peanotation
09-12-2003, 09:08 PM
every time i accelerate, and only during acceleration, the tranny slips through the gears (except the 4th one). its like as if i was driving a stickshift and i was pushing the clutch in and out while accelerating. i'm taking my car in on monday, and if it costs too much, which trannys love to do, i have to sell it. anyone have any idea whats wrong? thanks.

bronxbombr
09-12-2003, 09:23 PM
Did u do the usual check and see if u have enuff fluid?

Boy am i glad i got 2 G's to swap parts with. Good Luck

peanotation
09-13-2003, 01:33 AM
yeah, checked all the shit i can. anyone help? manybrews?

SkunK
09-13-2003, 10:53 AM
Mine was/is doing the sort of the same thing. When I'm in Drive I can creep up to about 20-25 miles and then it seems to slip out of gear into neutral. I think I damaged some of the clutches in the tranny because I was being an idiot and shifting my automatic from 1st, 2nd, to Drive which is not a smart thing to do. Anyways, that might be the same problem your'e having...damaged or worn clutches....or maybe not. Just another possibility.

manybrews
09-14-2003, 10:11 AM
if in fact your trans fluid is at the proper level (and when you check it, you check it ONLY in nuetral, car running, and fully warmed up!), then your trans is on its way out.
there is no magical fix for a slipping transmission other than an overhaul.

Sheena351
09-14-2003, 10:35 PM
ok...one day i was with my friends from autobody and we all decided to go to lunch together and take my car...on the interstate they all gave me shit because I never put my car in overdrive, so i did....drove to the resturant...ate...then when i was leaving i never took it outta over drive...so as i was pulling out of the parkin lot (i have this bad habit where i nail it pullin outta places)...well the tires squeal...and it shift hard...goes in to neutral...well i shifted the actual shifter into neutral turned the over drive off...and drove off fine. I have been driving it ever since (about 2 months) with the over drive off, and haven't had any problems, but when i try on turn the over drive on...like hit the button...it goes into neutral. So how much longer ya think the trannies gonna last. I'm gonna change the fluid & filter thursday when I'm off. Anybody think this is gonna help? Also, my car didn't come with an owners manual, so how many quarts of trannie fluid go in it?

delo
09-15-2003, 09:16 AM
Mine did the same thing. turned out I needed my tranny rebuilt and a few other parts replaced. went ot AAMCO. paid almost 2gs. works out now. but every once in a while i panic because the car jumps a lil when im slowing down. but then again, im a hard braker. meaning that i coud be doing like 30 and the stop light is like 20 feet away. btw, does driving in Overdrive mess the car up. mines is always on overdrive. is that harming the car. Holla back, cause i have no more money to put into repair the car. Thanks.

SmokesGTP
09-18-2003, 04:38 PM
No it doesn't harm the car. It is suggested to use it all the time if you'd like in the owners manual. It'll hurt your gas mileage if you don't use it a little bit. I've been using it for 2 years and 30k in my galant and it has 90k now and the tranny shifts like new.

bronxbombr
09-18-2003, 04:41 PM
yup, mine too. no probs.

GalantSpeed
09-22-2003, 10:27 AM
too bad you guys dont live near me, theres a guy who is a master mechanic that has worked for AAMCO for almost 15 years and rebuilds trannys for cheap, he quoted me $750 to do a complete rebuild all brand new parts and no worry written signed gaurantee...

delo
09-24-2003, 09:05 AM
thats funny cuz i'm trying to move down there by u next year. 750 is a lot better than almost 2gs.

GalantSpeed
09-24-2003, 02:25 PM
what part r u trying to come to?

delo
09-25-2003, 09:06 AM
Da Beach (VA Beach) my brother lives out there. When i go to visit i be like damn i need to move out here. so hopefully next summer.

crzejkr
10-03-2003, 08:32 AM
Skunk: Mine was/is doing the sort of the same thing. When I'm in Drive I can creep up to about 20-25 miles and then it seems to slip out of gear into neutral. I think I damaged some of the clutches in the tranny because I was being an idiot and shifting my automatic from 1st, 2nd, to Drive which is not a smart thing to do. Anyways, that might be the same problem your'e having...damaged or worn clutches....or maybe not. Just another possibility.
RESPONSE: i did that o a suburban 1nce ,it aint good that means all ur gears are fu#$ed ,i peeled out n shifted right trough d od 1 2 3 n fucked up the tranny n THE AXLE teeth , i learned my lesson.cost my dad 2 gs to get it rebuilt n new teeth for the drive axle

bronxbombr
10-03-2003, 08:44 AM
Do yaself a favor and buy one of my spare trannies for 800. no problems,slipping ,etc....................

Willy Liu
11-01-2003, 09:52 PM
Why Do people pay 2 g to get there tranny Repaired? by putting the old stock parts back? STUPID! GO LEVEL TEn or sumthing Build it up make it stonger will last longer too i bet. and cost about the same.

peanotation
11-01-2003, 10:03 PM
Why Do people pay 2 g to get there tranny Repaired? by putting the old stock parts back? STUPID! GO LEVEL TEn or sumthing Build it up make it stonger will last longer too i bet. and cost about the same.

does level 10 have a warranty? if i put level10 in, and for some reason it doesn't work, will they pay to fix what they said they would fix anyways? thx

GalantSpeed
11-02-2003, 09:19 PM
i heard level 10 arent all their cracked up to be, i've heard some bad ish about them....