PDA

View Full Version : Clear Your Needles+Change Gauge Cluster Color (Pics)

SilverKnight
09-13-2003, 07:23 AM
Things You Will Need:

Phillips Screwdriver
Nail Polish Remover
Cotton Swabs
Colored 194B Bulbs In Desired Color (optional)
Colored Touch Up Paint or Nail Polish In Desired Color (optional)
Two Hands
Patience

First remove the two screws on the guage cluster located on the top inner part and unplug the dimmer switch and remove the whole piece.

Then Remove the whole inner piece by removeing the 4 screws that i have pointed out. pull half way out and unplug the two harnesses (one on each side on the lower ends). then remove gauge cluster completely.
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid79/p2d6814cd8dceb75e17a7aa40c49084a7/fb138169.jpg
With a couple of cotton swabs dip the cotton swabs into some nailpolish remover and gently remove the orange from the needles. be carefull not to saturate the needle to much with nail polish remover as it sort of melts/eats the plastic on the needle i dont know why but it did it to me.

Then go to Kragens and purchase three packs of 194B bulbs in the color you wish your gauges to light up in. You will need five so you must buy three although only two are pictured.
http://memimage.cardomain.com/member_images/7/web/367000-367999/367746_9.gif
if you would like your needles a different color this is the time to paint them. i painted mine blue two weeks after these pictures were taken with some blue touch up paint i got at pepboys that come in a little bottle with a brush attached to the cap to apply. I heard nail polish also works. put a light coat only. if the coat is to thick the light will not go through the needle making it hard to see at night when driving. also when painting them find a way so that the needles dont touch the stopper when painting them or else it will get stuck to it . i held it with a pair of tweezers while i used a hair dryer for it to dry quicker. also only paint the top of the needles not the sides and try not to move the needles alot just to prevent the needles from not reading right in the future.

Then put the covers back on and backtrack on how you took it off to put it all back together. You will end up with something like this.
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid79/p2864623cfb1301599b608e715de3c227/fb13816b.jpg
And this at night.
http://memimage.cardomain.com/member_images/7/web/367000-367999/367746_6_full.jpg

So good luck with it and in the end remember if you mess your sh!t up i didnt force you to do this. https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif

Airbus A320
09-13-2003, 08:36 AM
Good job SilverKnight!! Just to let people know you can also use LED bulbs too. Thats what I used because the regular bulbs kept losing color after a while, but the LED bulbs never fade. Silver have you had a problem with the color of those bulbs fading any?

clone2020
09-13-2003, 11:29 AM
Great tutorial. I never thought about clearing the needles.

-Mike.

onlyphases
09-13-2003, 03:15 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Airbus A320)</div><div class='quotemain'>Good job SilverKnight!! Just to let people know you can also use LED bulbs too. Thats what I used because the regular bulbs kept losing color after a while, but the LED bulbs never fade. Silver have you had a problem with the color of those bulbs fading any?</div>

I dont recommend LED bulbs (at least not the ones off ebay). They are not as bright as the ones he used in the tutorial for some odd reason. I ended up going with the Reverse glo gauges. When I had the blue LED bulbs, they were so dim at night I could not see a thing. had to strain to see how fast I was going. LOL

Supernova
09-13-2003, 03:32 PM
Nice.

I need to clear my needles sometime before NOPI. Right now I have the AC Reverse EL guages in, and no bulbs in the cluster, because the light from the bulbs shines trough the EL guages and looks horrible. S my needless are not lit up at all. I can see them, but..... I want some light for them. So I might get some black construstion paper, place it betwere the stock and EL guages, then get someband see what happens. 8)

VA_LANCER_RACER
09-13-2003, 06:20 PM
very nice, if you want the needles to light up brighter you can get the needle kit from importintelligence.com very nice kit, had them on my 7g.

mrjaydeeone
09-14-2003, 02:44 AM
very nice job

SilverKnight
09-14-2003, 05:22 AM
Thanks alot guys i just tought that i should start helping the other members around here. By the way Airbus A320 i have not seen a fade in the color yet and i have had them for two months nowand there always on when im driving. Also supernova everything you wrote is the right way to go. You also might need to use two or three sheets of black construction paper.

Sowndwayv
09-14-2003, 11:53 AM
can u fix the pics? or someone email them or aim them to me

SilverKnight
09-15-2003, 04:56 AM
its probly because msn changes the url of the image after a while. i will try with......never mind imagestation wont let me upload photo's right now. will try again later.

Supernova
09-15-2003, 07:06 PM
I cleared mine today. I knew how to do it all along, you just inspired me. 8)

I wired my guages wrong putting it all back in, cause my guages don't light up. At elast I hope I wired them wrong, hope they didnt' short out or anything!!!! *knocks on wood* I'll wire them up right tonight

Z
09-15-2003, 08:29 PM
i can't see pics

extremsprt86
09-15-2003, 08:41 PM
im so up for doing this, however i cant see the pics, and i would feel more comfortable if i could see the pics. thanks. any free mod is good in my book.

FastNFabolous
09-15-2003, 11:28 PM
cant see the pictures too.

SilverKnight
09-16-2003, 03:42 AM
https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif pics should work now.

BiGSHUN
09-16-2003, 10:36 AM
hey, SilverKnight, where did you get your chrome bezel? i got one but its not chrome although that was the description when i ordered it. mine is vinyly and and rubbery plastic.

VIO
09-16-2003, 10:53 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(BiGSHUN)</div><div class='quotemain'>hey, SilverKnight, where did you get your chrome bezel? Â*i got one but its not chrome although that was the description when i ordered it. Â*mine is vinyly and and rubbery plastic.</div>

i have the same one you have and i hate it! it looks like shit. you can get the chrome one off ebay for about $13. i'm picking one up pretty soon.

BiGSHUN
09-16-2003, 11:38 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(VIO)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(BiGSHUN)</div><div class='quotemain'>hey, SilverKnight, where did you get your chrome bezel? Â*i got one but its not chrome although that was the description when i ordered it. Â*mine is vinyly and and rubbery plastic.</div>

i have the same one you have and i hate it! it looks like shit. you can get the chrome one off ebay for about $13. i'm picking one up pretty soon.</div>

where did you get yours from? i think i got mine from summit. i have like a $30 credit w/ them and i can't find a damn thing to order. summit is not too kind to imports.

BiGSHUN
09-16-2003, 11:43 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(VIO)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(BiGSHUN)</div><div class='quotemain'>hey, SilverKnight, where did you get your chrome bezel? Â*i got one but its not chrome although that was the description when i ordered it. Â*mine is vinyly and and rubbery plastic.</div>

i have the same one you have and i hate it! it looks like shit. you can get the chrome one off ebay for about $13. i'm picking one up pretty soon.</div>

where did you get yours from? i think i got mine from summit. i have like a $30 credit w/ them and i can't find a damn thing to order. summit is not too kind to imports.

by the way, when searching for the bezel on ebay, would it come up under "chrome bezel"?

BiGSHUN
09-16-2003, 11:47 AM
SilverKnight: where your odometer is, it seems to be very bright. is that normal? can you still read your odometer or is it too bright?

Monkey
09-16-2003, 09:50 PM
Yo Silver outstanding work on the tutorial... I just completed mine with no difficulties except clearing the needles... on swab, two swab... nothing! Nail polisher remover is not helping... anyway left it and went with red and it's right...

Question... now how do I do the rest of the interior pieces? I started with the ac unit and that mofo is f* hard to take off... disconnected, etc... problem was these two rods that are attached... Anyone have any luck with these? I want to change the bulb inside also and make red... power door knobs red, cig light ring red, I think you guys get the point! Help a monkey out!

downsouthhustla
09-16-2003, 10:05 PM
go to www.importintelligence.com they got some raw needle kits in a bunch of colors

downsouthhustla
09-16-2003, 10:06 PM
go to www.importintelligence.com they got some raw needle kits in a bunch of colors

Coldshot
09-16-2003, 10:19 PM
ok, i love those intelli glow needles, why dont they have them for the 2000+ galant? that totally sux. does anyone think they will make them?

extremsprt86
09-16-2003, 10:57 PM
how long did this take you guys to do... can it be done in under an hour?

Z
09-17-2003, 12:07 AM
i thought we had to use LEDs? would this one fit and work?
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...bayphotohosting ('http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=33713&item=2433039115#ebayphotohosting')

SilverKnight
09-17-2003, 06:05 AM
BiGSHUN i bought mine of off VLovan who is a member here. i know they always have these for sale on ebay plus if you have a sunroof it sucks having a chrome benzel and driving with the sun to your back.
and yeah it should come up under the search galant chrome benzel or do a search for galant guages.

Also my odometer was brighter then the rest because as you can see in the pictur i bought 4 bulbs and was one short and i had to go to work perty soon so i stuck a white one for the mean time but its fixed now.

Monkey that is exsactly what i will work on this up coming weekend because i started painted my door handles this past weekend. i will take a look later today maybe i can figure something out for you before the weekend.

extremsprt86 it took me about 45 min. to an hour. so the anwser would be yes.

Z i guess they could work but i do know that led's have to have the correct polarity connected. the only problem i see is how would you be able to tell what is positive and what is negative on the back of the guage cluster. also some leds if you hook up the polarity backwards the led gets fried and that would suck.

Monkey
09-17-2003, 07:53 AM
Well it seems like I'm a weekend behind cause I will be painting my door rest this weekend, also will look into some vinyl to replace the plush covering on the doors. So I guess I'll tear up my interrior also... Major concern, the ac gauges... could not take this b*tch off to save my life... It's seems like its welded onto two steel rods! :shock:

The ac gauges have three wire harnesses... light, ac, heater... after removing the apparent screws on the outside, this thing is also attached by two rods that control the outter end knobs. If anyone figures how to detach them... post plz.

But to anyone else who wants to change the color on their cluster, It's easier than clearing your corners... again, great job silverk...

Oh and I bought regular 194 bulbs (red) from Pep boys... $3.00 bucks for a package of two.... you will need five.

There is also a bulb for the led, your mileage reading... but I don't know what size bulb that is yet. It look like a smaller version of the 194.

Khopari
09-17-2003, 08:36 AM
yo very nice job... *bored me go do it now*

VIO
09-17-2003, 10:21 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(BiGSHUN)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(VIO)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(BiGSHUN)</div><div class='quotemain'>hey, SilverKnight, where did you get your chrome bezel? Â*i got one but its not chrome although that was the description when i ordered it. Â*mine is vinyly and and rubbery plastic.</div>

by the way, when searching for the bezel on ebay, would it come up under "chrome bezel"?</div>

i got the shitty plastic aluminum look-a-like bezel on ebay. fucking waste of $16 (that includes shipping). to find the chrome bezel just search for "galant" on ebay and it will come up in the first couple of pages. i can't wait to get the chrome one and get ride of the crappy one i have now. now if i can just find some chrome racing pedals to match!!!

VIO
09-17-2003, 10:26 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Z)</div><div class='quotemain'>i thought we had to use LEDs? would this one fit and work?
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...bayphotohosting ('http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=33713&item=2433039115#ebayphotohosting')</div>

forget the leds off of ebay. get them at autolumination. they'll cost less. they also have a new style of diffused lighting led. pic of the new style at bottom. i think they'll work better then the concave dome style leds that everyone has been using.

http://autolumination.com/leds.html ('http://autolumination.com/leds.html')

http://autolumination.com/images/auto_bulbs/194ovalb.jpg

http://autolumination.com/images/auto_bulbs/oval_end.jpg

BiGSHUN
09-17-2003, 11:34 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(VIO)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(BiGSHUN)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(VIO)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(BiGSHUN)</div><div class='quotemain'>hey, SilverKnight, where did you get your chrome bezel? Â*i got one but its not chrome although that was the description when i ordered it. Â*mine is vinyly and and rubbery plastic.</div>

by the way, when searching for the bezel on ebay, would it come up under "chrome bezel"?</div>

i got the shitty plastic aluminum look-a-like bezel on ebay. fucking waste of $16 (that includes shipping). to find the chrome bezel just search for "galant" on ebay and it will come up in the first couple of pages. i can't wait to get the chrome one and get ride of the crappy one i have now. now if i can just find some chrome racing pedals to match!!!</div>

VIO: i found them, thanks. they look so much better than the crap we have. i think i'll order them next week or the 2nd week of oct. i have other things on the G that i'm working on.

i ordered those hyper blue dome lights off ebay. i haven't got them yet.

VIO
09-17-2003, 12:39 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(BiGSHUN)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(VIO)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(BiGSHUN)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(VIO)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(BiGSHUN)</div><div class='quotemain'>hey, SilverKnight, where did you get your chrome bezel? Â*i got one but its not chrome although that was the description when i ordered it. Â*mine is vinyly and and rubbery plastic.</div>

i got the shitty plastic aluminum look-a-like bezel on ebay. fucking waste of $16 (that includes shipping). to find the chrome bezel just search for "galant" on ebay and it will come up in the first couple of pages. i can't wait to get the chrome one and get ride of the crappy one i have now. now if i can just find some chrome racing pedals to match!!!</div>

VIO: i found them, thanks. they look so much better than the crap we have. i think i'll order them next week or the 2nd week of oct. i have other things on the G that i'm working on.

i ordered those hyper blue dome lights off ebay. i haven't got them yet.</div>

yeah i can't wait to get my chrome bezel. a word of advise on the dome lights. i know a guy that had a set (don't know what brand) but he left them on for a bit and they melted the clear plastic.

BiGSHUN
09-17-2003, 01:06 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(VIO)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(BiGSHUN)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(VIO)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(BiGSHUN)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(VIO)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(BiGSHUN)</div><div class='quotemain'>hey, SilverKnight, where did you get your chrome bezel? Â*i got one but its not chrome although that was the description when i ordered it. Â*mine is vinyly and and rubbery plastic.</div>

i ordered those hyper blue dome lights off ebay. i haven't got them yet.</div>

yeah i can't wait to get my chrome bezel. a word of advise on the dome lights. i know a guy that had a set (don't know what brand) but he left them on for a bit and they melted the clear plastic.</div>

so i guess its something i shouldn't leave on in traffic to show them off, huh?

seems like there's always some rigging and puzzle piece-ing when it comes to our G's. i don't mind the challenge, though. there's a lot of creativity here in this forum.

VIO
09-17-2003, 02:06 PM
if you want to show off you could always get the led bulbs for your dome from autolumination.com

galantv600
09-20-2003, 04:01 PM
very nice, if you want the needles to light up brighter you can get the needle kit from importintelligence.com very nice kit, had them on my 7g.

dat place doesnt seem good... it says the needles fit the 90-99 but doesnt fit 2000+ whats up wit dat? :?

NoRtHeRnCaLiStYLe
09-26-2003, 04:36 PM
HELP !!!!! how do i get to the space to change the lights .......what do i move ???? im doing that right now.......... i need help asap!

BiGSHUN
09-26-2003, 04:48 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(NoRtHeRnCaLiStYLe)</div><div class='quotemain'>HELP !!!!! Â* how do i get to the space to change the lights .......what do i move ???? Â*im doing that right now.......... i need help asap!</div>

do you want me to call you and walk you thru it? can't type write now..i'm at work.

NoRtHeRnCaLiStYLe
09-26-2003, 08:26 PM
sorry didnt get back to you earlier ! i figured it out !!! JEAA!!! i did it ! all by myself .... who says girls cant work on cars !!!!! https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif lol ! now theyre red..... so they match my stereo......... has anyone tried the chrome nailpolish that they make on the needles ??? do you think i should do that ?

NoRtHeRnCaLiStYLe
09-26-2003, 10:19 PM
JEA ! https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif its finally dark ... and i seen em ... I LIKE!

BiGSHUN
09-29-2003, 08:13 AM
doesn't look nice? - - nice one!!!

i have both bulbs...the LED's and the ones at the auto part store. The led's are so much brighter but i think i need a 6th bulb. i'm gonna buy another prong or housing (whatever holds the bulb) and put it back there. i can use 5 bulbs w/ the regular ones though.

Monkey
09-29-2003, 09:30 AM
I did mine red also... my roommate has a vr6 and his interior looks sick with all the red lights...

Just need to take the time out to figure how to change the ac unit lighting and the fog switch and the cig lighter...

I will say that the nice part of having them red is that I didn't need to color the needles... They look more red than orange now that the background is red... nice blend.

TITAN
09-30-2003, 02:20 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(VIO)</div><div class='quotemain'> i got the shitty plastic aluminum look-a-like bezel on ebay. Â*fucking waste of $16 (that includes shipping). Â*to find the chrome bezel just search for "galant" on ebay and it will come up in the first couple of pages. Â*i can't wait to get the chrome one and get ride of the crappy one i have now. Â*now if i can just find some chrome racing pedals to match!!!</div>

I hope you understand that chrome will really fuck you up at certain times even if you dont have a sunroof. very bright shit. I have all kinda chrome stuff on my car, and at times I regret getting the chrome bezel. but its really up tp you.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(BiGSHUN)</div><div class='quotemain'>so i guess its something i shouldn't leave on in traffic to show them off, huh? Â*

seems like there's always some rigging and puzzle piece-ing when it comes to our G's. i don't mind the challenge, though. there's a lot of creativity here in this forum.
</div>

I wouldnt say that is exactly correct. I (well, my dumbass brother) left mine on all night, then all day the next day until night again, when I finally realized they were on, luckily no melting.

I would test them out. try 30 mins. if they still fairly cool, try 1 hour. i wouldnt go much more longer than that. good luck!

BiGSHUN
09-30-2003, 02:27 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(knightriderXXX)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(VIO)</div><div class='quotemain'> i got the shitty plastic aluminum look-a-like bezel on ebay. Â*fucking waste of $16 (that includes shipping). Â*to find the chrome bezel just search for "galant" on ebay and it will come up in the first couple of pages. Â*i can't wait to get the chrome one and get ride of the crappy one i have now. Â*now if i can just find some chrome racing pedals to match!!!</div>

I hope you understand that chrome will really fuck you up at certain times even if you dont have a sunroof. very bright shit. I have all kinda chrome stuff on my car, and at times I regret getting the chrome bezel. but its really up tp you.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(BiGSHUN)</div><div class='quotemain'>so i guess its something i shouldn't leave on in traffic to show them off, huh? Â*

</div>

I wouldnt say that is exactly correct. I (well, my dumbass brother) left mine on all night, then all day the next day until night again, when I finally realized they were on, luckily no melting.

I would test them out. try 30 mins. if they still fairly cool, try 1 hour. i wouldnt go much more longer than that. good luck!</div>

good lookin' out knightrider. i finally got the correct bulb type for the dome. they sent the wrong ones. if i find them at the autopart store, i'll save some cheese and send the one's i ordered back.

about the bezel....i ordered it today. yeah, i hope for the best....well i hope i will be able to see.

TITAN
09-30-2003, 02:30 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(BiGSHUN)</div><div class='quotemain'>
good lookin' out knightrider. Â*i finally got the correct bulb type for the dome. they sent the wrong ones. Â*if i find them at the autopart store, i'll save some cheese and send the one's i ordered back..</div>

well, thats where I got mine from.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(BiGSHUN)</div><div class='quotemain'> yeah, i hope for the best....well i hope i will be able to see.</div>

:laughing: me too!!

BiGSHUN
09-30-2003, 02:56 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(knightriderXXX)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(BiGSHUN)</div><div class='quotemain'>
good lookin' out knightrider. Â*i finally got the correct bulb type for the dome. they sent the wrong ones. Â*if i find them at the autopart store, i'll save some cheese and send the one's i ordered back..</div>

well, thats where I got mine from.

:laughing: me too!!</div>

did you get you lights from sissons lights? they sent you the correct bulbs? the one's w/ the hooks on the end?

TITAN
09-30-2003, 04:03 PM
oh no, what I meant was the auto parts store. Autozone to be exact.

BiGSHUN
09-30-2003, 04:18 PM
oh ok..that's where i got my bulb type. i would bought the bulb but they didn't have any. i'll check out another autozone tonite or this weekend.

yofadahead
10-01-2003, 10:33 PM
i cleared my needles. i'm finally done. it took forever!!! this took me 3 hours! nail polish remover didn't even phase them. they just looked right back at me and laughed. i had to use paint thinner and rub and rub and rub with q-tips until the orange started coming off. then i had to get a needle and scrape the little bit of color that was left in the crevices.

you guys that did it already suck. you got the easy gauges.

BiGSHUN
10-02-2003, 08:01 AM
i had a little bit of trouble myself when it came to the crevice where the needles were being held. i pried it open w/ my finger nail and used a needle to get the rest of the orange out. good thing it was saturated w/ the polish remover or else my needles would've been scratched. that was the hardest part for me.

Skipp
10-06-2003, 01:11 PM
Ok, I ripped apart the dash board, got the gauges out, put the red bulbs in, and they are not working! Do the bulb holder things have to be put in a certain way, or maybe a certain order. Cause I noticed each one is numbered. 70-72 and then 74, and 75!?!?! or maybe its not working cause i didnt plug in the dimmer switch? :x
Please help

NoRtHeRnCaLiStYLe
10-06-2003, 01:17 PM
RED ..... good choice........ i did that to mine .... maybe you should try pluggin in the dimmer switch.... i had no prob with my bulbs not workin .... i pretty much figured it out

Skipp
10-06-2003, 01:24 PM
yea, i def. answered my own question, it was the dimmer switch. thnx anyway bro. I wish i could see what it looks like, i guess i gotta wait till it gets dark. https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif

NoRtHeRnCaLiStYLe
10-06-2003, 01:26 PM
bro ? :roll:

IM A GIRL ! :evil: IM A GIRL ! :evil: IM A GIRL ! :evil:

LOL

NoRtHeRnCaLiStYLe
10-06-2003, 01:28 PM
:cheeselove: OH YAH BTW..... i luv the red lights... ull like em ... but i am ordering brighter reds .... so they match my stereo...... and i need to find my silver nailpolish to paint the needles !!!!

tim888tim
10-09-2003, 06:27 PM
Can someone with the red lights plz post some picts? Thanks in advance.

8ggalant
10-09-2003, 07:03 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(tim888tim)</div><div class='quotemain'>Can someone with the red lights plz post some picts? Thanks in advance.</div>

yes pls i wanna see how this looks...i jusst cleared my needles today...luve the way it looks...

IceDouTGaLanT
10-11-2003, 02:09 AM
1st thing i like the say is Knight Those are great Intructions..I tried doing the Needles it didn't work i couldt clear them i used paint tinnier with a swab and rubbed it about 23 times and still Not fading but i put on my indaglo gauges in ,-D also i hit my Gas tank meter it moved but i put it where it was does dat mess up da calibration or something even if i put it where it was..

8ggalant
10-11-2003, 02:17 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(IceDouTGaLanT)</div><div class='quotemain'>1st thing i like the say is Knight Those are great Intructions..I tried doing the Needles it didn't work i couldt clear them i used paint tinnier with a swab and rubbed it about 23 times and still Not fading but i put on my indaglo gauges in ,-D also i hit my Gas tank meter it moved but i put it where it was does dat mess up da calibration or something even if i put it where it was..</div>

i did that too but as long as u put i back wherr i was i dont think itll hurt too much

TWISTED II
10-11-2003, 05:16 AM
ok, i must be the only twit on here that can't seem to do this. i can build a 6G72 from scratch, but i can't clear my needles, hahaha. i got the red stuff off with paint reducer, and put in 5 blue 194's. but there is still red all over the place, so i have this redish blueish kinda weird whitish color goin on. looks horrible, lol. i dunno what i did. any ideas? thanx

ChromeGalant
10-11-2003, 06:22 AM
Its about time I got to reading this thread.. well I have had cleared needles for over a year, using the Nail Polish remover method.. Very easy..

I saw earlier in the thread someone suggesting importintelligence.com I say NO.. check out this blast from the past..

http://www.clubtgc.org/forum/viewtopic.php...ghlight=needles ('http://www.clubtgc.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6668&highlight=needles')

SilverKnight
10-11-2003, 09:03 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(IceDouTGaLanT)</div><div class='quotemain'>1st thing i like the say is Knight Those are great Intructions..I tried doing the Needles it didn't work i couldt clear them i used paint tinnier with a swab and rubbed it about 23 times and still Not fading but i put on my indaglo gauges in ,-D also i hit my Gas tank meter it moved but i put it where it was does dat mess up da calibration or something even if i put it where it was..</div>

Thanks i tried to make it as easy a possible to help out my fellow TGC'ers. To answer your question no it doesn't really matter on the gas and tempeture needles. i tried to lower the gas needle from the spot it was originally so that when it read empty i would still have at least 1/8 of a tank left but when i put every thing back in and started the car it just went back up to where it was previosely. Also its wierd that paint thinner didnt work. did you even try the nail polish remover at all.

twisted- if your getting some sort of red in there then you must still have a red bulb in there some where i couldnt see any other reason why your dash would still shine some red.

IceDouTGaLanT
10-14-2003, 08:52 PM
today i went to happy harrys and got some name brand nail polish remore and it woked !!!!!! it looks real good now.. But when i turn my light son it looks yellow/white shyts ugly so i got some Piaa Super/White LEds they look great but i think i might of paid to much.. what u guys think i paid $20:00 for 2 pairs of the leds.

BiGSHUN
10-15-2003, 08:11 AM
i got 5 LEDs for about $20.

TITAN
10-15-2003, 08:50 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(IceDouTGaLanT)</div><div class='quotemain'>today i went to happy harrys and got some name brand nail polish remore and it woked !!!!!! it looks real good now.. But when i turn my light son it looks yellow/white shyts ugly so i got some Piaa Super/White LEds they look great but i think i might of paid to much.. what u guys think i paid $20:00 for 2 pairs of the leds.</div>

ya, happy harry's happily screwed you.

index
10-22-2003, 11:59 AM
how do you change the color lights on the air conditioning panel to match?

Ollpen
01-30-2004, 03:55 PM
Ok, This looks like a plan since i cant get the reverse gauges to fit my Euro. Anyway, i have super bright blue leds (3800 mcd) that might work,
but 2 questions regarding this:

1: As the bright LED spots the light, will it be the same light all over the gauges or will there be lighter/darker sections??

2: Whats the voltage powering the original bulbs? Dont wanna make any
LEDs explode or something:)

Also, please post some pics about your works so i can see what to go for!

Sowndwayv
02-02-2004, 02:09 AM
i just put in red replacement filiment bulbs...has anyone went from replacement colored bulbs to LEDs...is the brightness really noticeable? just want to make sure before i invest in a bunch of them

BiGSHUN
02-02-2004, 12:44 PM
there is a definite difference in LED's :arrow: they are brighter. LED's are better than the regular (colored) bulbs

Ollpen
02-02-2004, 01:20 PM
Question still remains:

Will it be spotty lights using LED instead? Since they are projecting the light very concentrated.

What Voltage is comming out of the Gauge Light inserts?

BiGSHUN
02-02-2004, 01:26 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Ollpen)</div><div class='quotemain'>Question still remains:

Will it be spotty lights using LED instead? Since they are projecting the light very concentrated.

What Voltage is comming out of the Gauge Light inserts?</div>

yeah, i had to use 1 regular bulb and 4 LED's. for some reason, the light for the speedometer and guages to the right of it do not show at all w/ the LED. i'm not sure if it has anything to do w/ the concavity of the LEDs. mine concave out everything else shows up NICE.

Novs The Shadow
02-02-2004, 07:31 PM
i did my gauges and ac bulbs in red and it looks real good, only thing is sometimes my right ac bulb goes out but goes back on but ill fix that when it gets warmer.

Monkey
02-11-2004, 03:50 PM
Novs... how did you remove the ac bulbs?

Novs The Shadow
02-12-2004, 12:04 PM
I just took the covers off like a tutorial i had a link to that i thought was on this comp but its on my comp at home, ill post it tomorrow. the only thing that took alot of time was pulling the knobs off the gears and then setting up the knobs onto the gears so that u can twist the temp and position controls cleanly, meaning like so it doesnt stop before it gets to either end. the putting back on took bout 35 min. it feels like u might break them and u just might but it didnt break for me. after all that i used pliers to pull the actual bulbs out then put the two 74 size bulbs in there. ill post pics tomorrow of it.

Novs The Shadow
02-19-2004, 07:53 PM
i put photos of both my gauges and ac controls there. http://f1.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/kdog_nwo9....com/kdog_nwo99 ('http://f1.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/kdog_nwo99/album?.dir=/408d&.src=ph&store=&prodid=&.done=http%3a//photos.yahoo.com/kdog_nwo99')
the tutorial from club 3g is here http://www.eclipseforums.org/forum/showthr...?threadid=17982 ('http://www.eclipseforums.org/forum/showthread.php?threadid=17982')
i hope this helps someone.

phelixx1
04-23-2004, 03:42 PM
My gas gauge is broken or something. I cleared the needles and when i put the cluster back on the gas gauge didn't move. Should i unhook the battery or something? I started the car and it still didn't move. Does it just move REALLY REALLY slow or what? Please help. Other then that it looks great!

phelixx1
04-23-2004, 04:21 PM
Should i go fill it with gas all the way and then move the needle myself or just see if getting gas will move it to the right place?

SilverKnight
04-23-2004, 08:55 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(phelixx1)</div><div class='quotemain'>Should i go fill it with gas all the way and then move the needle myself or just see if getting gas will move it to the right place?</div>

Fill the whole tank up with gas then move your needle all the way up. just make sure you monitor the amount of driving you do in case the guage is broken and your not stuck out of gas somewhere.

leth4lproductions
06-12-2004, 01:55 AM
i dont see any pictures https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/sad.gif

divagalant
07-08-2004, 01:00 PM
i got the nail polish remover on the needles. question: was i supposed to take out the needles and then remove the paint or remove the paint while still on the gauges? and now my needle for the speed doesnt move with the speed that im going and i dont know how fast im going. wat do i do?

Radnoken
07-08-2004, 02:22 PM
For all of you using led's, here is a good way to make them "glow" more.

Take some sand paper and rough up the bulb, it will make the light diffuse more for a glowing effect, rather than and directional light effect. Since LED's are usually so bright, it should still be brighter than a stock bulb.

Mondo
07-19-2004, 09:21 AM
Pics in tutorial still not showing up. https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/sad.gif

Serstylz2
07-19-2004, 10:31 AM
http://memimage.cardomain.com/member_images/9/web/585000-585999/585371_49_full.jpg

that was during the evening

BiGSHUN
07-19-2004, 11:19 AM
for those wanting LED's (i had some and they're better than regular 194's)...take a look here..

Super Bright LEDs ('http://www.superbrightleds.com/')

i think this site has them for guage clusters. i'm getting some LED's for my corner lights.

SilverKnight
07-19-2004, 05:03 PM
pics should be updated except for the first one still searching my computer for it.

Oh and divagalant you were not suppose to take the needles off. if you need more help or a new guage cluster email me at [email protected] and that goes for everyone else that needs help to.

stevievano2lk
07-20-2004, 11:24 PM
i just want to say great mod. alredy finished it looks awsome. but i'm having trouble with my fuel gauge needle, im not really sure if it's reading correctly. any advice on fixing it?

SilverKnight
07-21-2004, 12:00 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(stevievano2lk)</div><div class='quotemain'>i just want to say great mod. alredy finished it looks awsome. but i'm having trouble with my fuel gauge needle, im not really sure if it's reading correctly. any advice on fixing it?</div>

Thanks i just thought i would pass something on to the rest of the members for all the help and idea's that they have gave me. Also try what i recomended to another member below. vvvvvvvv

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(SilverKnight)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(phelixx1)</div><div class='quotemain'>Should i go fill it with gas all the way and then move the needle myself or just see if getting gas will move it to the right place?</div>

Fill the whole tank up with gas then move your needle all the way up. just make sure you monitor the amount of driving you do in case the guage is broken and your not stuck out of gas somewhere.</div>

I also think im going to start a new topic on How To Fix Your Broken Cleared Needles. https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif

kingpimp87
07-24-2004, 12:15 PM
How do i change my AC bulbs? I tried clickin the link to the 3g forum but it didnt work.Also for the two buttons on the AC panel, wut size bulbs are they (they're tiny!)?
Does anyone know how to change the bulb for the side mirror adjuster?
I had the gas gauge problem when i cleared my guages but like you guys said, i filled the tank and it works fine now. thanks

gomer8g
08-23-2004, 12:12 PM
yes! that only took me about 30 min.. It only took 10 min. once the cluster was out. my needles reacted to the polish immediatly. cant wait til its dark so i can see it.....

gomer8g
08-23-2004, 08:43 PM
its night now and it looks so freakin awsome. i love it. it only cost me $9 for the lights. i recomend everyone to do this......

ryans99es2.4
09-14-2004, 03:31 PM
some of the pics are not showing, i would like to do this myself within the next few days (already bought the bulbs) but i'm the type of person that likes to know what he's doing before he gets his hands dirty. i have over 200MB of webspace so if he needs someone to host these pics, i'd be glad to. and linking is also allowed https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif

ryans99es2.4
09-16-2004, 03:20 PM
damn, i did mine today, didn't take but 30 mins and it looks nice, i can't wait till it's dark. i'll post pics when i can https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif I did blue with red needles. (volkswagen style)

ryans99es2.4
09-16-2004, 11:30 PM
http://www.donahuetech.com/dash.jpg

i know, my camera sucks, the blue is much bluer (if that is grammatically correct)

i'm going to repaint my needles. a friend of mine said i can get a florescent red or sumthin like that which would make them glow, but so far i'm happy wit wat i got. thanks silverknight 8)

SPEEDDEMON03
04-17-2005, 04:35 PM
i tried filling up my gas and moving the needle but when i turned the car on the needle just dropped to about half way then stopped. speedometer doesn't work correctly either

is there anything else i can try myself?

SPEEDDEMON03
04-29-2005, 01:11 AM
hey silverknight you gonna get back to me on the guage cause i still need it

cardude03
04-29-2005, 01:17 AM
i dont know if he is still around man....

wannabee
04-30-2005, 01:39 AM
I did the tutorial today very very easy!!!!!!!! but the only prob i had was that my fuel gauge after filling the full tank hits the F albhabet ie goes beyond the full mark line... nothing major but yeah
Also need to brighten the lite...probably LEDS:) gotta research about that...

elieleb1303
05-03-2005, 09:11 PM
hey...great tutorial...one problem...i put red lights in n its not very bright, i cant see all the numbers n stuff on the gauges...do u know how it can be fixed?

opinaca
06-20-2005, 01:01 PM
Thank's for that tutorial guys....

I've tried it this week-end and it's pretty easy to take apart. https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif

For clearing the needles I've taken some nail polish remover without aceton...because it eats plastic.....be careful.... https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif

look at the result :wink: .....painted them Gold with nail polish...and put some amber lighting bulb (194).....but there not that bright until it's dark outside :? ....maybe another type of bulb would be better....or some LEDs :roll:

http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/1/web/853000-853999/853331_6.jpg

I'll put some night pics soon...i promise :wink:

Serstylz2
06-20-2005, 01:35 PM
so you cleared your needles and then painted them back to yellow?? https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif

opinaca
06-20-2005, 01:54 PM
Yep.... https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif ...didn't want to have a fuzzy color like purple or pink.... :shock: ...... https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif

In fact it's gold....the metalic finish doesn't seem to be noticeable on the pic.... :cry: ...

But in fact it's really shiny 8)

...wait 'till you see the night pic.... :wink:

opinaca
06-29-2005, 06:15 AM
Here's how it looks at night.....
http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/1/web/853000-853999/853331_12.jpg
Day
Maybe i'll putt some LEDs instead....it's not bright enought for my taste....

Is there another way for brightening them...like changing a resistor ?

wadecounty8g
09-21-2005, 02:26 PM
never thought of doing this until now

colombiano
02-20-2006, 02:38 PM
can u clear the # on the spedo with the nail polish remover???

rhema83
03-09-2006, 08:26 PM
Is the stock non-GTZ gauge faces / bezel (basically the entire area that is greenish-blue) one piece? It looks really ugly and I want to replace it with at least the GTZ version, but without doing anything to the lights. Anyone wants to sell his / hers?

Xrs2
03-09-2006, 09:30 PM
GTZ has the same ugly ones you have. From like 02+ Just get a 99-01 guage bezel from ebay, it will cover the teal ugly color.

rhema83
03-09-2006, 11:02 PM
Noob question: do I have to remove the needles? I've heard bad stories about the needles screwing up after you replace them.

SkylineG1
03-09-2006, 11:29 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(rhema83)</div><div class='quotemain'>Noob question: do I have to remove the needles? I've heard bad stories about the needles screwing up after you replace them.</div>

I just did my gauges and i had some problem with the temp needle. I broke it. But its still works just fine. Just mke sure that you take a good look at where the fuel needle is before you remove it so you can put it back in the same position. Of you can just do what I did and fill the tank till fuel was running out and then when it gets to F your good https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif

Luccent
03-13-2006, 10:59 AM
i took apart the guages, and cleared the needles: absolutely no problem. now, i wanted to paint them with a green color, so i figured why not use my girlfriends nailpolish. well, the nailpolish doesnt really work... does anyone have any suggestions as to what to use? im not sure if it would work, but i was gonna maybe try using "sharpie" markers. all input is welcome

cardude03
03-13-2006, 11:06 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Xrs2)</div><div class='quotemain'>GTZ has the same ugly ones you have. From like 02+ Just get a 99-01 guage bezel from ebay, it will cover the teal ugly color.</div>

actually im pretty sure GTZ's came with White Guage faces.

furiousgtz
04-26-2006, 12:02 PM
ya wat do i do now.. my fuel gauge is stuck at F and it wont come down. if i do it with hand bring it down middle. it goes back up to F. any idea?

BrnxCrzyAss
04-27-2006, 07:55 AM
yo i tryed clearing my needles yesterday nd it worked it looks mad hot nd it was so easy...

Xrs2
04-27-2006, 10:33 AM
GTZ has the same ugly ones you have. From like 02+ Just get a 99-01 guage bezel from ebay, it will cover the teal ugly color.

actually im pretty sure GTZ's came with White Guage faces.

Nah I have an 02 GTZ, and they are greenish/teal. I am not sure about the 03 GTZ tho.

Jackfrost770
09-03-2006, 10:58 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(SilverKnight)</div><div class='quotemain'>

With a couple of cotton swabs dip the cotton swabs into some nailpolish remover and gently remove the orange from the needles. Â*be carefull not to saturate the needle to much with nail polish remover as it sort of melts/eats the plastic on the needle i dont know why but it did it to me.
</div>

I dont know what type of nail polish remover you was using. :roll:
Nail polish remover isnt strong enuf to do that. If it was then it would eat through nails too. :twisted:

And I dont know how you can get all the yellow paint off of the needles with just a cotton swab I even tried taking all the cotton off of the swabs and I still couldnt get it all of. I had to use some tissue paper and toothpicks. :shock:

o1naturalhigh
09-03-2006, 01:29 PM
when i cleared my needles...i used that other method where i scratched the orange off with a blade...instead of using the nailpolish remover. this technique was very easy to do...

badmitsu
03-26-2007, 01:17 AM
i did mine today w/ blue bulbs, looks sweet

NZGALANTBOY
03-29-2007, 07:24 AM
Awesome topic, never thought of doing something like that untill now.
Today went to the local automotive shop called Repco, sadle they dont have any bulbs that are of desierd to me colour, but what they did offer to me is a solution in form of colourful CONDOMS used for bulbs, basicly its a rubber that you pull over your existing bulb in order for you to get a desierd look.
I went for red, and here are some pix of those small condoms, and before and after pix. Now my needles are orange in colour, but when the dashboard lights up needles blend it with the colour, so dont really have the need of clearing them and painting, however might do that some time later in order for the needles to gain more aggressive look by painting them red.

The blue rubber covers are the once that were originally pulled over me bulbs, but the colour only appeared in white on the gauge, after replacing them with red once, the colour is 100% changed and waaaay betta.

Its about the cheapest and the only alternative i could find, so no LED's No Bulbs, just mini Condoms lol
http://img155.imageshack.us/img155/9561/dscn0158yn3.jpg (http://imageshack.us)
http://img404.imageshack.us/img404/5636/dscn0160ct3.jpg (http://imageshack.us)
http://img265.imageshack.us/img265/4536/dscn0161mq1.jpg (http://imageshack.us)
http://img265.imageshack.us/img265/2189/dscn0162mb2.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

And here is BEFORE

http://img487.imageshack.us/img487/2204/dscn0163ey5.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

And AFTER

http://img340.imageshack.us/img340/5638/dscn0165pq2.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

GaLaNt_03
08-06-2007, 10:31 PM
very easy mod...thanks for the tutorial....

KaziKai
11-19-2007, 02:58 AM
I went to AutoZone yesterday and bought 3 packs of 194a Blue! Installed it in 10 mins.. and I love it!

Great Tutorial!

Thanks! :twisted:

fliegendaffe
01-13-2008, 03:06 PM
I just did mine with nail polish remover and I got about 99% of it off. some that was right on the edge next to the plastic needle holder i couldn't get off even when i tried a razor blade on it. Will post pics of it with my S7 gauges soon. Also put the 194B bulbs behind the cluster for a lil extra blue color.

GnarTot
04-05-2008, 01:38 PM
I was wondering how you reconnect the gauges back into the dash. I tried lining the white clips up for like 10 mins but i can;t get them into place. Is there some easy way im overlooking?

MJ2002
06-26-2008, 03:01 AM
hmm clear needles, never knew they existed! can you order these needles for diff. cars also? I might put it in my other car

tamim13
07-08-2008, 04:56 PM
Is there any way to make the pictures show up on the first page? I only get the first and the finished picture.

adis99
07-17-2008, 08:50 PM
thanks here is mine:
http://img329.imageshack.us/img329/2167/1005994pi5.th.jpg (http://img329.imageshack.us/my.php?image=1005994pi5.jpg)
http://img209.imageshack.us/img209/3026/1005995ls7.th.jpg (http://img209.imageshack.us/my.php?image=1005995ls7.jpg)

boochieboy
07-18-2008, 11:55 PM
Adis99, what kind of bulbs did you use to get it so bright?

adis99
07-19-2008, 08:56 AM
those are led bulbs from pepboys...

boochieboy
07-19-2008, 08:35 PM
How many L.E.D.'s on each bulb,,,,that looks awesome,,, great job by the way.

adis99
07-19-2008, 09:26 PM
4 on each
thanks...

03-Galant-ES
08-12-2008, 04:08 PM
yeah im doing this right now the nail polish remover doesnt seem to be working :-(

Ill update when im done

Galanto2
06-07-2009, 07:53 PM
hmm mine done seem as bright as most of u guys on here is also havin the same problem as me....the bulbs that i got (which r the exact same as the one shown on tut) isnt bright enough n only parts of the guage is well lit then other parts...is there any other L.E.D bulbs that i could use to help brighten it out evenly?.....o2 galant

silver01g
06-24-2009, 06:50 PM
My RPM isnt working, when i turn on the car it jumps a lil and when i turn off the car it jumps back down. but thats all it does. How do i fix this?

Mike_ODell
07-05-2009, 11:50 PM
cool....just cleared mine with the nail polish remover. I put the nail polish on the q-tip and dabbed some on the needles....let it sit for a min and repeated the process agina....then wiped with a new q-tip with nail polish remover on it and almost all of it came off. Ofcourse the little clip around the needle wouldnt come off with the q-tip but a couple of toothpicks dipped in nail polish remover worked great and I didnt have to worry about scratching them. Took about ten minutes or so. Neat mod. Up graded to brighter white lights from advance auto. Here is what it looks like now @ night:
http://img339.imageshack.us/img339/3889/img0111g.jpg (http://img339.imageshack.us/i/img0111g.jpg/)
The needles look regular in the pic but they are cleared. I will take a pic of them in the day tomorrow.

Looking for brighter white bulbs I have 194 white ones for now...
Not a big fan of how the bottom of the needles look now.
Debating on what to do with the needles now....color? Maybe a coat on the needle where the clip is...something reflective? idk.

I did change the gear selector light to blue....couldnt decide if I wanted blue or white?
http://img164.imageshack.us/img164/2175/img0112.jpg (http://img164.imageshack.us/i/img0112.jpg/) (they all light up but I was driving while taking the pic....you know being safe, LOL)
Is there a way to change the color of the actual dot that tells you what gear you are in?

stvn_mj
07-06-2009, 12:08 AM
^ I think this is what you mean so here you go.
https://www.thegalantcenter.org/showthread.php?t=34818

showtime
01-31-2010, 02:28 AM
does anyone know how deep the sockets are for the LED's? Or in other words how tall the LED can be and still fit in the gauges? Thanks

Joshua42007
02-09-2010, 07:24 PM
Thank's for that tutorial guys, it looks alot better. Only problem is, just like with speeddemon, my fuel gauge is really off. The line reads half a tank of gas when the tank is actually almost empty, thank god my gas light came on. Hopefully theres a fix, not too big of a deal though.

o1naturalhigh
02-09-2010, 08:26 PM
i either drove with the clear lens off and put the needle to where it first lit up, and/or i filled up and put it to full then put the needle back on.

however...in the long run, i just bought new (well not really brand new, but one from ebay) a gauge cluster. hated the fact that the gauges told wrong readings.

Bloody Arro
02-13-2010, 01:20 PM
Better than what I did.

I took OFF the needles, popped them out and dipped them in remover. Dried them off, and repeated. Looked so good but now I cant find my RPM needle, my engine temp gauge doesn't work and my gas gauge is off as well :l.

Joshua42007
02-15-2010, 09:16 PM
sweet, i got them to work alot better, if not completely fixed. I filled the tank to full, took the needle off and barely put it back on. The needle then jumped wayy passed F again, i took it back off and put it on the F. it seems to be working just fine now, thanks alot guys.

Galantes2001
03-12-2010, 07:51 AM
does anyone know how to get to the ac bulbs and the size because i wanna put leds in there?

Da_Prodigy
03-12-2010, 11:40 PM
i suggest you use the search button but heres a link that tells you the bulb size.

https://www.thegalantcenter.org/showthread.php?t=20810&highlight=ac+bulb

Theres a thread on here somewhere that shows you how to get to the bulbs.

shane2083
04-26-2010, 11:58 PM
great post, did mine the other day, looks good, i went with red. not quite bright enough, due to using just the 194R, ordered some led ones, hope it brightens up a lil.. man what a pain to get that gear indicator light, all those screws for just one bulb..lol. did my guages in about 20 min, took about an hour on the shifter.. figured it woulda been vice-versa..now i gotta do it all again for the led's. lol GREAT POST tho.. keep up the good work

03-Galant-ES
04-27-2010, 12:14 AM
You get quicker at it shane, Ive taken out mine and other peoples clusters quite a few times now. Post up pics when you get a chance.

ILLogical
02-20-2011, 02:44 AM
Going to try this tomorrow I think, Great tutorial thanks man.

oakrdrs187
03-24-2011, 03:00 PM
Is it possible to clear the blue-ish coat on the faces? I put some hyper white LED's but now it looks purple and too much for the look I was going for

ILLogical
04-12-2011, 08:25 PM
Is it possible to clear the blue-ish coat on the faces? I put some hyper white LED's but now it looks purple and too much for the look I was going for

I think you'd have to change the entire gauge face using an overlay probably I saw a topic about it but it was for 7g's and the links were dead. But I'm working on this right now and I'm using 3 tipped leds and they are hella bright when I tried them hopefully not too bright though.