PDA

View Full Version : Clear Corner Bulbs

Alexey
09-14-2003, 01:15 AM
For awhile I've had the blue lights in my cleared corners that look pretty nice at night (very close match to my Sylvania headlights). However, they stand out during the day because of their blue color. What's the best bulbs I can get that will look silver in the OFF position and look slightly blue when turned ON ? Also, where can I get those ? Thanks in advance ! https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif

mjc1055
09-14-2003, 01:46 AM
short of buying an actual HID kit i have never seen any bulbs like the ones you're looking for.. :?

Reelax
09-14-2003, 02:23 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Alexey)</div><div class='quotemain'>For awhile I've had the blue lights in my cleared corners that look pretty nice at night (very close match to my Sylvania headlights). However, they stand out during the day because of their blue color. What's the best bulbs I can get that will look silver in the OFF position and look slightly blue when turned ON ? Also, where can I get those ? Thanks in advance ! Â* https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif</div>

the best i've found that are silver when off but give off a hyperwhite light close to HID are POLARG VISUAL 1157 hyper white 5W/21W. they are a rainbow chrome color coated bulb. the catch is since they are coated, you have to do the corner rewire trick to get these to b bright enough to match hyperwhite headlight brightness (nothing matches HID). o yeah and did i foreget to mention they are around $20.00 per bulb (i've allready burnt 3 pairs). a cheaper alternative is APC chrome hyper whites but they look too blue even after bright re-wire.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(mjc1055)</div><div class='quotemain'>short of buying an actual HID kit i have never seen any bulbs like the ones you're looking for.. Â*:?</div>

umm... there is no such thing as corner light HID (1157 dual filament) since HID is not dual filament (and moving the capsule or sheilding as in the H4 hi/lo kits would not change the brightness since they are not parbloic reflector housings like headlights), and HID's do not like to b blinked because of the 20,000 volt startup sequence to ingite the arc would have to b repeated everytime you signaled.

Elwenil
09-14-2003, 11:55 AM
Here's a really dumb suggestion, but it will work and give you what you are looking for. Use a Super White LED from Autolumination.com. ('http://autolumination.com/leds.html') Look for the 1157 with 19 LEDs for $10.97. Yeah, it's expensive, but they last a lot longer than normal bulbs. I use the 1156 in my back-up lamps and they look really kewl with the blue tint, but they are like all other LEDs and only shine in a focused pattern. In other words, if you aren't looking right at the LED at the right angle in the daylight you may not even notice it's on. Naturally the problem here is that oncoming traffic might not see your turn signal, and then you are buying them a new front-end. Not good. They look great at night though, but because you must also use a add-on resistor on EACH bulb, it's sort of a pain to swap bulbs just for the look at night. The resistor is at the bottom of the page on the above site. Get on e for each LED signal bulb you buy. Otherwise the less resistance in the LEDs will make your car think it has a burnt out bulb and will flash them extra fast to let you know. This whole deal is great at night, and maybe for a show, but it is kinda risky to run all the time. I have all my tails converted to LEDs and I'm wondering when I'm going to get rear ended. My website has a pic of my tails at night if you want to see the blue color of the 1156s. The pic sucks, but you get the idea.
Later...

Sillyasianz
09-14-2003, 12:25 PM
u know what, when i clear cornered by Stock headlights and had hyper blue turn signals, all i did u just lightly paint the bulb w/ a silver coat on the bulb. during the day its siver, and at the night its blue. It didnt affect the bightness or color. thats my 2 cents

VIO
09-14-2003, 01:22 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Sillyasianz)</div><div class='quotemain'>u know what, when i clear cornered by Stock headlights and had hyper blue turn signals, all i did u just lightly paint the bulb w/ a silver coat on the bulb. during the day its siver, and at the night its blue. It didnt affect the bightness or color. thats my 2 cents</div>

what kind of paint did you use?

Sillyasianz
09-14-2003, 03:56 PM
heat temp. spray, very light single spray