PDA

View Full Version : HELP!

Wolfman
09-14-2003, 08:34 AM
I was wondering if anyone knew what I've done seeing I'm getting condensation on the headlight lens from the inside. Is it a blown gasket? If so anybody know where they are cheap?

Fishboy55
09-14-2003, 09:48 AM
If you used the oven method to clear your corners, you probably didn't seal them tight enough. If you used the normal crack and pull method, then chances are you didn't have the rubber boot that covers the end of the bulb up there tight enough. That's the only place water can enter if you didn't break the integrity of the headlight seal.

Take the headlight out, and use a hair dryer to dry up the remaining water. If you want, you can rinse it out with distilled water, but then you'll have to dry it a second time. When you put it back together, make sure the headlight bulb is fully seated in the socket, and the rubber boot is as far toward the front of the light as it will go. If you really want to feel safe, you can take some clear silicone sealant and put a bead all the way around the outside edge of the headlight while you're drying it out. Allow at least 24 hours for the silicone to cure.

pinoyesv6
09-14-2003, 08:15 PM
if you did the pull and crack method, also check out the turn signal hole. thats where you did most of your pulling. make sure its not damaged.

then dry it off. you can leave it inside the house overnight if you want. or you can rush it with the blow dryer.

if you do think your headlights are cracked though, fill up the headlight with distilled water. water should only come out of the bulb holes and the lil weap holes the headlights have. then let the headlight dry.

speaking of the weap holes. make sure they are clean and free of debris. some of the weap holes have a plastic cover on them. thats perfectly normal.