PDA

View Full Version : Exhaust question?

Alister_McRae
09-09-2002, 12:48 PM
Ive been hearing and seeing alot of messages on the board on catback exhauts. My question is, what exactly does a cat-back give that your have average custom exhaust doesnt do?

And my second question is, what does a glass pack resonator actually do the stock one doesnt do already?

Auto-9
09-09-2002, 02:13 PM
I dunno about your second question, but to answer your first question we must first assume when you say "average custom exhaust" you mean non-mandrel bent cat-backs. What most mandrel-bent cat-backs and many aftermarket cat-backs have as an advantage is that they're mandrel bent and in some cases they really are tuned for the specific car's power optimization.

pinoyesv6
09-09-2002, 04:23 PM
first of all. the catback is so much easier to install. u can pretty much install it with simple hand tools. no need to weld no cutting nothing like that. with a custom setup, you gottta bend pipes, weld do some cutting etc etc. with a cat back u just remove your old exhaust and bolt on the new one. you proably have all the tools in your tookbox right now...a couple or wood blocks or a good jack will also be needed to raise the car up a lil so u can work under it.