PDA

View Full Version : dimmer wiring

Sowndwayv
09-16-2003, 10:19 AM
i had my reverse indiglo gauges installed for quite sometime, and everything was working fine. but there was a bit of a bleeding issue from the stock gauges behind it.

few days ago finally decide to try and fix this with the black construction paper method. im not sure if did this correctly, but i pretty much covered the entire pod behind the reverse gauges with the paper, leaving holes for all the displays and such.

now whenever i turn on my lights, the gauges light up fine, but then the stock lights dont turn on anymore. the needles dont light up..the mileage display isnt lighted, and even my ac controls and radio dont light up.

i was thinking this would be a problem with the dimmer control maybe? cuz when i pulled the black cover off i accidently pulled apart some taps i had installed.

does anyone have a pic or diagram of what the wire connections should look like with the ballast and everything (since the tutorial isnt working). i'll try and get a pic of mine up so i can go ahead and compare.

VIO
09-16-2003, 12:10 PM
i know this sounds simple but did you check to see if the power connector for the gauge lights came loose? also did you check your fuses?

pinoyesv6
09-16-2003, 12:13 PM
did u make sure you plugged the dimmer switch back in? if u did. did u snap some wires? you're not supposed to

VIO
09-16-2003, 12:14 PM
oh, i forgot to tell you that the power to the gauge cluster runs through the dimmer switch so if your forgot to re-connect the dimmer switch then the gauges won't light up.

VIO
09-16-2003, 12:17 PM
damn it, pinoy beat me to it! :evil: :wink: