PDA

View Full Version : ECU Problems Help?

IMRAW2000
09-17-2003, 05:01 PM
ok i put a new ecu in my 96 es and it ran fine for about a week and a half i let it sit for 2 days and then i went to start it back up and the ecu is dead again any ideas b-4 i dish out another $125 for another any ideas what it could be doing it?

Houndawg
09-18-2003, 04:48 PM
I'd like to know where you found an ECM for $125.

Moosh
09-18-2003, 05:25 PM
Can you open your ECU and see if any of the circuits are burned and take a high resolution photo of it?

My Idle Speed Controller burned out my Eclipse ECU, but Galant's have Idle Air Controllers, and I am not sure if a bad IAC wil burn out an ECU like a bad ISC does. If you show me a photo and if there is damage, I might be able to tell you what device uses the lines that are are burned, so you can check the device.

JiP
09-23-2003, 01:42 PM
I'd like to know where you found an ECM for $125.

I got a turbo ecu for only $90 shipped =]

Plenty of places to get things dirt cheap

ebay
dsmtrader
junkyards (if your sneeky u can have things free!)

IMRAW2000
09-25-2003, 04:08 AM
I opened the ecu and there were no burned out resistors or caps i took it and had it tested and the dam thing tested fine i put a new one in and the same problems occor but this time i get crazy clicking from the fuel injection relay and the cooling fans come on when the car is cold and if it decides to idel because thats the only thing it will do it blows black smoke from the exaust its really messed up what im gonna do is order another ecu and if thats not the problem im gonna work on it through the winter piece by piece getting really fed up wit mitsu.