PDA

View Full Version : Possible brake kit fit?

Todd TCE
09-19-2003, 08:42 AM
I recently finished up the final parts and pieces for the 3G Eclipse kits.

I understand that the parts on this are common to the Galant also. No lie, I can't say for sure, that's why I'm asking you guys. The hubs are repoted to be the same as are the caliper mounts, thus there is a strong chance that the cross over from the Ecliipse is direct to your car.

If this is in fact the case then the kits for the Eclipse will cross to your car.

I'd like to find someone who is willing to explore this further. In exchange I'll offer up a modest discount or compensation on product. If anyone is interested please contact me via phone or email at; [email protected]

Thanks, look forward to working this one out!

Todd
TCE
www.tceperformanceproducts.com

Sorry, posted it here rather than 'brakes' as it was related to this model only from what I know. Feel free to move if you choose.

VIO
09-19-2003, 09:29 AM
is this a replacement kit for stock discs or is it a conversion kit for stock drums?

mochanges
09-19-2003, 01:21 PM
I have the AEM big brake kit front and rear on my 99 Galant and they bolted up no problem. So far everything brake wise for the 3G works on the Galants.

-Mohammad

leadfoot
09-19-2003, 04:52 PM
i have a i4 and i want to have better brakes, i was thinking about getting better brakes but im not sure what to do with the rear brakes and the from calipers.

Todd TCE
09-19-2003, 09:31 PM
The 3G kit is a complete replacement of the front brakes; calipers, hats and rotors, lines, pads etc. Rears are under consideration but truthfully I need to get the fronts up and out first. I may have an answer for your rears in the near future.

Thanks for the input thus far, much appreciated.

mochanges
09-19-2003, 09:38 PM
Are the hats and rotors two piece? Also, will they come preassembled? I have seen some where you have to bolt and safety wire them yourself. Any idea of diameter and number of pistons on the calipers? Will they accept a particular size brake pad?

-Mohammad

leadfoot
09-19-2003, 09:43 PM
is the AEM big brake kit come with 4 piston calipers and a bigger front rotor

mochanges
09-19-2003, 09:59 PM
AEM makes both a kit with just bigger rotors and it uses your stock caliper and they make a kit with 4 piston Brembo calipers. For the price, I would go with Stoptechs. The reason I like the Stoptechs is that Stoptech puts R&D into every kit they sell, as well as using really nice components. On top of that, the Stoptech calipers are also 4 piston Brembo, but they have added rigidity. Also, the price is lower (see below) and they have been tested by many different people and everyone has raved about them.

AEM 4 piston kit can be had for about $1700-1800. The Stoptech kit can be had for $1500-1700.

Depending on what year Galant you have, you may be able to have a nice and fairly cheap upgrade by using the AEM big rotor kit on each corner and bolting on the twin piston caliper found on early 3G eclipses and 99 Galants.

-Mohammad

Reelax
09-19-2003, 10:06 PM
AEM makes both a kit with just bigger rotors and it uses your stock caliper and they make a kit with 4 piston Brembo calipers. For the price, I would go with Stoptechs. The reason I like the Stoptechs is that Stoptech puts R&D into every kit they sell, as well as using really nice components. On top of that, the Stoptech calipers are also 4 piston Brembo, but they have added rigidity. Also, the price is lower (see below) and they have been tested by many different people and everyone has raved about them.

AEM 4 piston kit can be had for about $1700-1800. The Stoptech kit can be had for $1500-1700.

Depending on what year Galant you have, you may be able to have a nice and fairly cheap upgrade by using the AEM big rotor kit on each corner and bolting on the twin piston caliper found on early 3G eclipses and 99 Galants.

-Mohammad

yeah i'm seriously considering the AEM rotor upgrades and relocation brackets since i have '99 ESV6 w/ the 2 piston calipers.

but yes to answer the original question, the 3G eclipse brakes are pretty much interchangeable w/ 8G galants'. just keep in mind, most brake upgrade kits that use larger rotors and/or larger calipers, need bigger wheels for clearance, depending on back spacing of the wheel design.

Todd TCE
09-20-2003, 05:14 PM
Thanks for the answer I was after.
The wheels may well have a significant impact on what does and does not fit.
Next step is to find perhaps a local who would be willing to help out with the test fit of the wheel to different applications of rotors and calipers. Any takers?

Detaills on my plans? Sure, try the web site!
No to be a smart ass but I posted it, and didn't wish to offend this site by making this read as an all out advertisement.

In a nut shell; yes two piece, yes multi piston, yes different caliper options, and NO not $1500. More like a base price of about $1000. Decked out upwards of $1500.

Thanks guys.

Todd
TCE
www.tceperformanceproducts.com

Gilhuly
09-25-2003, 10:31 PM
Dude, please spell Galant correctly on your site.

Todd TCE
09-29-2003, 10:59 PM
Told the web site guy this the other day....

Told him that he put in a gallant effort in spelling Galant......

I'll get after him again on it Sorry, I gave him the info spelled correctly!

8ggalant
09-29-2003, 11:09 PM
if i live in az....id be therr in a minute...thanks for helping/ considering makin or havin a crossover part 4 our car :thumbsup:

Todd TCE
10-04-2003, 07:50 PM
If you are serious, and interested maybe I can help. Both on the price as well as the install.

I've got a customer in your area with a kit on another car who did his own work and would, I'm quite sure, be willing to help you out.

Wanna be the first on the block with some properly priced big brakes?

8ggalant
10-04-2003, 08:30 PM
If you are serious, and interested maybe I can help. Both on the price as well as the install.

I've got a customer in your area with a kit on another car who did his own work and would, I'm quite sure, be willing to help you out.

who is it...seein it in person might convince me a bit more 8)

leadfoot
10-04-2003, 09:43 PM
i really need that big brake upgrade i got 18 inch rims and damn after i get to 85 if i try to stop quick the vibrateing is insane i dont fell safe in the car. im thinking of getting the big rotors for the front (with stock calipers) rear disk conversion with i dont know what kind of calipers. i really want the 4 piston calipers. so the rear disks off the eclipse v6 will go with outs galants right? im thinking of going to the junkyard and getting me a set in good condition.

Todd TCE
10-05-2003, 02:25 PM

who is it...seein it in person might convince me a bit more 8)

I'll see what I can dig up in the next few days. Have a rather busy schedule the next two weeks with track events so time is tight.

Also still looking for a local Galant to work with here. My 'reference' is that of an Eclipse kit in service in your area. However the parts for this stuff are all the same through the 1,2,3G and now into the 3000/Stealth and even the new Tiburon products....

Take a glance here:
http://www.newtiburon.com/yabbse/index.php...;threadid=28043 ('http://www.newtiburon.com/yabbse/index.php?board=22;action=display;threadid=28043')