PDA

View Full Version : noise comming from the engine

queball
09-20-2003, 09:33 PM
-k- guys im lost my galant has 102k miles on it and now its started making a wierd noise when the engine reves up it makes like a wiening noise and as the RPM's go down it gets quieter. does any one elses galant do this or know what it is or maybe?

4-G-rim
09-21-2003, 08:43 AM
Have you changed any of your drive belts? Sounds like drivebelts are going.

queball
09-21-2003, 03:56 PM
Have you changed any of your drive belts? Sounds like drivebelts are going.

yea all my belts are new except the timming belt.. i realy need to get to that one but.. Im not sure if it sounds like a belt or not. its a wierd noise..

peanotation
09-21-2003, 04:02 PM
hmm, could you describe the noise a little better? i know its tough. is it like a whirring or a clicking. does it sound like metal rubbing or rubber hitting. etc. does this noise happen in neutral or in gear or both?

queball
09-21-2003, 04:05 PM
hmm, could you describe the noise a little better? i know its tough. is it like a whirring or a clicking. does it sound like metal rubbing or rubber hitting. etc. does this noise happen in neutral or in gear or both?

GEEEEEZ it's like, well you can hear it when the cars just ideling and then when you step on the gas it gets louder and more anoying. it alsot sounds like ball bearings going out or something like that its hard to discrib, i will say that it makes my car sound like it has a turbo on it.

ThePauser
09-21-2003, 04:16 PM
Replace the timing belt and tensioner. I'm not totally positive on the particular noise but the timing belt tensioner can become very noisy as it starts to fail.

John

Moosh
09-21-2003, 08:44 PM
When my A/C is on it makes the kind of noise you are describing

matrix8228
09-21-2003, 09:04 PM
my car made that noise once. It ended up i had a cat sleep on the manufold. But my car was ok.