PDA

View Full Version : Level Ten Performance Transmission System Question

paco
09-21-2003, 05:35 PM
Ok, I am going to supercharge my car at the begining of next year and I was planing on getting the tranny bulletproofed after the SC. Now my question is: Are there any advatages if I get the tranny bulletproofed before I install the SC? What's going to happen? Is it going to shift faster, better? What am I going to feel different? Thanks in advance. PEACE

leadfoot
09-21-2003, 08:11 PM
if your going to spend the money on " bulletproofing " your tranny dont get a 3g eclipse 5-speed swap. with a performance clutch and june flywheel and shorted gear ratios the level ten tranny upgrade is pure bull i have not talked to one person that has had good things to say about level ten because after 1 or 2 years the tranny blows or is worthless.

Stewi
09-21-2003, 09:44 PM
D.B.T.H.......Don't Believe The Hype ! All i hear about is level ten trannies blowing left and right. They are a fraud. You would be better off giving me $3,000 and being disappointed, its the same as going with level ten. Do the 5 speed swap, much cheaper, more reliable, more fun. Need I say more ?

HeadAche
09-22-2003, 01:53 PM
Man if anyone knows about the L10 imma raise my damn hand. I had my auto tranny bulletproofed by them, turned that thing to soup after about 6months. I eneded up getting my money back and just doing the 5spd swap.

Jet Black
09-23-2003, 01:17 PM
Man if anyone knows about the L10 imma raise my damn hand. I had my auto tranny bulletproofed by them, turned that thing to soup after about 6months. I eneded up getting my money back and just doing the 5spd swap.

And how has your 5spd held up so far? And how much are you spraying/boosting?

HeadAche
09-24-2003, 10:39 AM

And how has your 5spd held up so far? And how much are you spraying/boosting?

The tranny has held up way better than expeceted, but i have been takin it pretty easy since its only a couple months old.. Right now im still all motor, but i do have plans for boost in the next couple months, just trying to decided on a turbine size. HOping to put a LSD in the car before the year is out..