PDA

View Full Version : has anyone dropped their front end only?

dza
09-22-2003, 12:49 PM
I am considering only a subtle drop. The rear sits well enough. I only want 1.8 springs on the front. Has anyone lowered only the front before? Would there be any complications with that?

Xavier22
09-22-2003, 01:07 PM
many have - -just because they like that look, or because there is no need to drop the rear, since he/she already have a system in the trunk that lowers it enough!!

I know a few @ NOPI Nationals had that set-up, and no reported problems!

dza
09-22-2003, 01:09 PM
That's cool. How about ride quality. I assume it may be rather weird having comfy ride in the rear but bouncy ride in the front.

Xavier22
09-22-2003, 01:22 PM
sooner or later, your shocks/struts will go, thats when you can go ahead and get the kybs agx's or gr2's!!! i rode to NOPI w/ Niterider99 on Sat, and he has a drop in the front (sytem in back) only and gr2's all around , and his ride was smooth, very little bouncing!!

dza
09-22-2003, 01:33 PM
yea, I would get some better shocks eventually, but i'm cheap so i'd ride my stockers out until they blow. I did it before on a different car but they only lasted a few months.

Auto-9
09-22-2003, 04:37 PM
Actually, mine dropped that way unintentionally. With the Eibachs, my front was lowered about 2 to 3 inches and the rear sat just .25 inches lower than stock. On bigger bumps at high speeds your rear end will kick up like a bucking horse. Your car will tend to understeer even more than factory, and your braking performance will suffer as a result of change in weight distribution. If you can live with that, go for it.

ChromeGalant
09-22-2003, 05:13 PM
Well..
I had a progress 2"drop in the front last year... no probs.. and then I went to GC coilovers and I only had the fronts installed.. no probs..stock struts..and the Progress was a little better IMO
And I just helped Onlyphases install his Intrax springs (we only did the fronts) last week..

mrjaydeeone
09-22-2003, 05:28 PM
I had just progress springs in the front last year also for about 2 months
and the ride was fine...the stance of the car was muscle car like

TITAN
09-25-2003, 03:29 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(dza)</div><div class='quotemain'>yea, I would get some better shocks eventually, but i'm cheap so i'd ride my stockers out until they blow. I did it before on a different car but they only lasted a few months.</div>

no need to call yourself cheap. you might as well ride them until they go out, just make sure you have at that time! same things with brakes. why change them if they still stop your car? of course vanity is another issue!