PDA

View Full Version : installing system

hikix
09-22-2003, 08:25 PM
hey guys... im putting my system in tomm and i wanted to kno what the best way to get the deck out is.. also i have the anti-theft system and i wanted to kno how to turn that off.. i have a card with the pw on it

steve18sccc
09-22-2003, 08:29 PM
what year galant you galant you got

hikix
09-22-2003, 08:30 PM

steve18sccc
09-22-2003, 08:33 PM
it should be the same you just pop off the cover over the shift and there should be screws to loosen up the trim ring around the radio installing a radio is very easy to do in galants just remeber to put all the screws back if you have problems i recommend buying a installlation guide from crutchfield.com it gives you step by step instructions

steve18sccc
09-22-2003, 08:38 PM
sorry wrong year the trim ring around the radio should either pop off or there should be screw to take it off i would recommend you get the crutchfield installation book if this is your first time or have a friend help you out

hikix
09-22-2003, 11:54 PM
can someone please post the crutchfield pages?!?!? thanks!! :Alien2:

hikix
09-23-2003, 10:32 AM
does anyone have the crutchfield pages or kno how to turn that anti-theft thing off.... i havetn even started it yet so i really have no idea how to turn it off

Monkey
09-23-2003, 11:21 AM
What anti theft thing are you referring to? I removed my stock head unit on my 2000 es with no problem... astonishingly easy! Went to circuit city and picked up a harness for the galant. The audio wiring on the front page of TGC was a great help... Took off the brackets off the old unit, put them on the new and put everything back together again.

mike969mb
09-23-2003, 12:47 PM
The only antitheft that i know about for the galants is that if the power goes out for a while or you remove the headunit you have to have the password to put in besides that it was a simple swap.

First you remove the trim around the headunit, than you undo the screws for teh a/c controls and remove the screws holding in the radio and finally unplug it and just use the factory brackets on ur new stereo and best bet is getting a harness for it save you lots of trouble and time, if you order it from crutchfield it comes with a complete in-depth installation guide or if not just pick one up at circuit city or best buy etc etc.

If i had a scanner i could just scan mines and send it to you.

Good luck,
mike

pinoyesv6
09-23-2003, 12:59 PM
this is what u do to remove the radio.

first of all, the security device, don't worry about it.

go in the hood and disconnect the negative terminal of the battery. thats the black side. it should be the one closest to the firewall. its teh terminal without the boot. better safe than sorry i say.

theyn you remove the trim piece aroudn the center console. if you have a pocket in the bottom slot, put ur hands in there and pull towards your head. meaning up and out. if you have something in there, take a small flathead screwdriver, wrap it in a paper tower or something and pry it out. best place i say is to pry from the bottom since its harder to see if you mess up the trim piece.

then you unscrew the ac controls. lift the ac controls out of its lil holder and slowly lower it. this will give you better acces to the rataining screw for the head unit.

the retaining screw for the head unit is under the head unit. its a phillips head screw. it can be stubborn at time so make sure you have a good screwdriver.

once you remove all teh screws, teh head unit should come out.

hikix
09-23-2003, 01:30 PM
good advice guys.. thanks!! :spinner: