PDA

View Full Version : Acceleration Issues

GalantSpeed
09-23-2003, 07:48 PM
i am having some issues w/ my ride now i was told it could be the MAS TPS or FPR. but the way it was explained to me it seems to be leaning towards the Fuel pressure regulator. the car seems like it has to "catch up" when i accelerate it is very slow and seems like it is gonna cut out, almost like a bog, the rpms dont jump around or anything like that....then it will come up to speed, normal cruise bounces through stoich (normal), but when lightly acceling goes to rich (not normal), i know its supposed to burry the needle to rich when hard acceration it does that but like when i give it a little more it goes rich. it doesn't do it all the time, but it does it enough to know something is wrong....kinda weird....any ideas?

brandon
09-24-2003, 09:29 AM
Sounds kinda like what mine was doing. I still haven't decided if it's completely fixed but changing the fuel filter certainly helped out at least a little.

GalantSpeed
09-24-2003, 10:45 AM
yeah i was planning on doing that today....i'll let you know how it goes...thanks.

JiP
09-25-2003, 12:49 AM
Hmm was hapening to me when I swapped to the 2g ecu cause I now have 450cc injectors on a non turb sohc sounds like your running really rich when you give it gas.

I guess you dont have a fuel pressure guage so you could check if the fuel pressure is too high which would cause you to run richer.

A datalogger would help tell you if the tps is working correctly.

My problem was solved with a lil afc tuning, assuming your pretty much stock as far as injectors are concerned, you have something else going on..

peanotation
09-25-2003, 01:16 AM
i'm pretty sure you should be running a little rich during acceleration.

GalantSpeed
09-25-2003, 04:31 AM
well actually i have been running a little on the lean side when normal to hard acceleration. it's not making any sense what so ever to me. almost like its going back and forth. from readings, one day its this and the next day its that. i changed the PVC valve and it help tons, but it is still there, everyone has been telling me it s vacuum problem, so i have been checking the vaccum on most. the valve cover outlet going to the intake had a decent size crack in it, i replaced that, helped a bit more. next i'm gonna get the FP Regulator looked at.

brandon
09-25-2003, 07:14 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(JiP)</div><div class='quotemain'>Hmm was hapening to me when I swapped to the 2g ecu cause I now have 450cc injectors on a non turb sohc sounds like your running really rich when you give it gas. Â*

I guess you dont have a fuel pressure guage so you could check if the fuel pressure is too high which would cause you to run richer.

A datalogger would help tell you if the tps is working correctly.

My problem was solved with a lil afc tuning, assuming your pretty much stock as far as injectors are concerned, you have something else going on..</div>

Good to know an AFC might do the trick... should be getting mine soon.

Moosh
10-12-2003, 11:01 PM
An AFC ain't going to do the trick if there are other inherent problems. You should try to fix this first before adding new variables to your problem!!