PDA

View Full Version : 99+ Manual

TITAN
09-24-2003, 02:41 PM
Hey, I just want to know why there is not a manual, not owners manual, for our year of car yet??? Dealer told me, "O, nope, there is not one out for you guys yet." So WTF?? Now I HAVE to take it somewhere if it gets fucked.

But wait a second....there in fact IS a manual for Galants. Its 92-2001. AAAAAHHHHHH! WTF?!?!? how exactly does that work? I looked inside to make sure the 7TH and 8TH gen were not the same...and of course they arent. The battery is on the completely opposite side and i think the engine was turned the opposite way or something funky like that. So totally different.

I do know that there was once a manual online somewhere, but I dont know where its at or if it still even exists. If it does, please post the link. If not, can someone shed some light on it for me please. Like why, who do we need to talk to (publisher of the book, Mitsu, my state representative, hobo on street side?)

Fishboy55
09-24-2003, 03:07 PM
There is a manual available for the 8G. It's been available for a long time, probably since the '99 first came out. The dealers and some shops have it in hard copy. I beleive it's three big thick manuals. I've got it on CD. I'm sure there's an equivalent one for the 7G as well. The reason the link is gone is because of a bandwidth issue.

TITAN
09-24-2003, 05:35 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Fishboy55)</div><div class='quotemain'>There is a manual available for the 8G. It's been available for a long time, probably since the '99 first came out. The dealers and some shops have it in hard copy. I beleive it's three big thick manuals. I've got it on CD. I'm sure there's an equivalent one for the 7G as well. The reason the link is gone is because of a bandwidth issue.</div>

ya, thats the one that is only $250 :roll:

pinoyesv6
09-24-2003, 06:19 PM
i forgot its either chilton or haynes, more likely haynes is coming out with a manual soon for the 7g and 8g combined. i remember seeing it with "coming soon" in the catalog at pep boys.

Elwenil
09-25-2003, 11:01 PM
Haynes manuals suck. They hardly touch on the things that someone really would want to know, such as transmission rebuilds and repairs. They are full of errors, and 9 times out of 10 the wiring diagrams are mislabled or just totally wrong. Chilton manuals are good, but they gloss over some of the more technical issues. The best service manual for any vehicle is the one put out by the manufacturer. Sometimes a dealer won't want to sell you these, but you can always find a dealer somewhere that will sell them. Most of the time they come as 2 or 3 different manuals. normally broken down as engine and drivetrain, body and interior, and sometimes a seperate electrical manual. These are the best without a doubt, but they can be confusing, as they will normally say some BS like "remove bearing race with tool #DEH-45652, and..." etc, etc... I normally buy the factory service manuals for any of my vehicles. If nothing else, they can tell you how to take stuff apart (like your interior) without breaking all the clips that hold things together. And yes, they are expensive. The last set I bought was for my 95 Dodge Avenger. They were printed by Diamond Star Motors, and ran me like $125 through my Dodge dealer. Just my thoughts...
Later...

TITAN
09-25-2003, 11:30 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Elwenil)</div><div class='quotemain'>Haynes manuals suck. Â*They hardly touch on the things that someone really would want to know, such as transmission rebuilds and repairs. Â*They are full of errors, and 9 times out of 10 the wiring diagrams are mislabled or just totally wrong. Â*Chilton manuals are good, but they gloss over some of the more technical issues. Â*The best service manual for any vehicle is the one put out by the manufacturer. Â*Sometimes a dealer won't want to sell you these, but you can always find a dealer somewhere that will sell them. Â*Most of the time they come as 2 or 3 different manuals. Â*normally broken down as engine and drivetrain, body and interior, and sometimes a seperate electrical manual. Â*These are the best without a doubt, but they can be confusing, as they will normally say some BS like "remove bearing race with tool #DEH-45652, and..." etc, etc... Â*I normally buy the factory service manuals for any of my vehicles. Â*If nothing else, they can tell you how to take stuff apart (like your interior) without breaking all the clips that hold things together. Â*And yes, they are expensive. Â*The last set I bought was for my 95 Dodge Avenger. Â*They were printed by Diamond Star Motors, and ran me like $125 through my Dodge dealer. Â*Just my thoughts...
Later...</div>

ya, thats what Im talking about. They told me it would be $250, since dealer shit here seems to an average of $50 higher than everyone who has previously posted, Im guessing you all could get it for about $200 and maybe less. So I think I will be doing some long distance phone calls here in the near future to each one of your states and find the best price.

pinoyesv6
09-25-2003, 11:50 PM
they got copies on ebay for like 5 dollars on cd. if you want something on paper just print it out. uhhm i dunno hwo good the ebay cd's are but its worth a shot if u were desperate

Jet Black
09-26-2003, 12:07 PM
Hey Knighrider you might be able to get the cd of this site:
http://www.mitsubishitechinfo.com/epacarb/ ('http://www.mitsubishitechinfo.com/epacarb/')