PDA

View Full Version : Tar like substance on the door!!!! HELP

Danny215
09-24-2003, 03:35 PM
MY 99 GTZ had a small amount of this tar type of stuff on the interior jam of the front doors. I took a closer look & found that the underside of the door was full of this crap! Looks like it's comming from the door. Someone put tape over it to keep it from leaking. This crap wont come off.
Does anyone know what it is & how to get rid of it? I've tried scrubbing and it just smears. I scraped some off with a screw driver - but that'll mess up my paint.
<span style='font-size:25pt;line-height:100%'>Help! :shock: </span>

Auto-9
09-24-2003, 05:26 PM
I don't know how to get rid of it, but many 99 model Galants (including my old 4 banger) apparently had this problem. It was fixed in the newer Galants (my 2001 no longer has it) with a redesign of the door seal and my dealership acknowledged it existed. Mine was the result of melting sealant glue as they put it, but there was no solution for me. I lived with it for 48k miles before my car was wrecked.

VegasMatt
09-24-2003, 05:47 PM
Spray it with wd-40 and wipe it off, it will come right off.

tim888tim
09-24-2003, 08:54 PM
I had tar on the underside of one of my rims. I used goo-gone and it wiped right off.

FastNFabolous
09-24-2003, 11:54 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(VegasMatt)</div><div class='quotemain'>Spray it with wd-40 and wipe it off, it will come right off.</div>

If that doesnt work, take it to the dealer.
They will work on it for free!

BlueESV6
09-25-2003, 02:13 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Auto-9)</div><div class='quotemain'>I don't know how to get rid of it, but many 99 model Galants (including my old 4 banger) apparently had this problem. It was fixed in the newer Galants (my 2001 no longer has it) with a redesign .... I lived with it for 48k miles before my car was wrecked.</div>

There's your answer.... just total your car and get another!!! https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif

BXNYMitsu01
09-25-2003, 02:56 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(BlueESV6)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Auto-9)</div><div class='quotemain'>I don't know how to get rid of it, but many 99 model Galants (including my old 4 banger) apparently had this problem. It was fixed in the newer Galants (my 2001 no longer has it) with a redesign .... I lived with it for 48k miles before my car was wrecked.</div>

There's your answer.... just total your car and get another!!! https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif</div>

:biggrin:

Auto-9
09-25-2003, 06:21 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(FastNFabolous)</div><div class='quotemain'>If that doesnt work, take it to the dealer.
They will work on it for free!</div>

Dealer...Free...oh man you just made my week :laughing:

Kalamidad
09-25-2003, 09:51 PM
i have something like that too but it's on the space between my windshield and sund roof.