PDA

View Full Version : ATTENTION - 7g CF hoods - anyone that wants one

QnzMostWanted
09-10-2002, 03:49 PM
OK guys here is the situation, there are 9 more 7g hood left, the problem is , they are $500 shipped, however due the fact that they are selling slow, the price is going to be raised......so if u want one, please let me know, or if u want one held, a $250 deposit is required.

Act fast, cuz i know u dont wanna pay more for somethign u can get now for less

Mr. E
09-10-2002, 10:20 PM
the price is gonig to be raised because they're not selling? that defeats the purpose of supply and demand...uh well just my $.02

AubDogg
09-11-2002, 02:28 AM
i hear the price is gonna b goin up to 750... but i guess they figure they have to make it up in profit margin and not quantity... weirder things have happened

QnzMostWanted
09-11-2002, 07:47 AM
they "claim" even tho its true, that its cheaper to make things oin bulk and sell off at bulk pricing, but as it sits (a month already) in a warehouse they gonna start selling it at the cost plus shipping

brandon
09-13-2002, 02:46 PM
Well, my 2 cents says there's been talk of a carbon fiber hood for almost a year now and they just randomly came out with no real notice...

I would have had the money for one back in the day, but I opted to purchase some other stuff and now can't afford the hood, even at $500...

If it goes up to $750 I doubt I'll ever be getting one... WAY too expensive.

bstnsportsfan
09-16-2002, 06:51 PM
If price goes up to 750, they cant count on them sitting in the warehouse for ever! https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif Why would they raise the price if there not being sold? Do they think people will say "oh no that they are 750 instead of 500, I am going to buy one?" https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif Sucks though that after all the work that went into getting them, no one wants one.

Kain
09-16-2002, 10:02 PM
I want one. In fact, I was one of the original people to order one. I just ran into a financial situation last year, and now I just got hit with an unexpected bill from my school for $2400+ so I'm going to be very broke for quite a while. :x I had saved up nearly $3000 to do mods to the Galant, and now I'm back to square one. Sorry, just my mini rant. In the end, I want a hood I just lack the fundage.

alukard
09-18-2002, 05:45 PM
You all suck. I sent my check in today. The price is already up to $550. I know people who have paid that much for regular old fiberglass hoods, not even the CF ones that we are getting. They've sold 1 so far. ONE! So much for wanting aftermarket support.

AubDogg
09-18-2002, 11:36 PM
mine is the "ONE! JUST ONE!!!" that sold... its on its way from orange county CA right now... ill show u all pics of it on my yellow galant on friday... but hes right... u guys complain about not getting after market support and then look what happens to group buys... they all fail... u guys wuss out way too much... im disappointed in u guys... but hey... i got my cf hood so :Fuckyou:

2True
09-19-2002, 12:24 AM
I disagree, the CF hoods popped out of friggin' no where. For the longest there was none, then suddenly there were some. WTF do you expect? I do not recall this ever being advertised in advance on any of the TGC boards. Now it may have been talked about on Galantspeed but some of us don't frequent that site. I'll bet if a groupbuy had started for these, there would not have been 10 people that would have bought them. They might say they would, but in reality it isn't practical.

I can only speak for myself so that's what I'm doing. I just spent $850 on my suspension, to me that's a LOT of money. It took me almost 6 months to save up for it. I am saving for the headers now, because I see more benefits in that than a new hood in the long run. I prefer go over show with my money. Even after that I have mods I'd rather spend my hard earned money on; than making sure my hood weighs less and I can say " ya, it's Carbon Fiber"..... *yay*

If you have the cash to buy $1500 rims, get a $4500 paint job, $900 body kit, and a $500 CF hood ....... more power to ya :wink: I have bills.

AubDogg
09-19-2002, 12:42 AM
not sayin that u all should buy it just because i did... perhaps i popped back into TGC at the right time to see all the CF hood stuff dunno... im just sayin that most group buys fail... this is a typical example...

p.s. i have bills.... not like i ditch out on my taxes or nothin... i just get them all back in april :thumbsup:

MitsuMan
09-19-2002, 02:11 PM
most group buys fail here, thats why i just try to find good prices around me for me and my friends that i know and wont back out on me, plus i dont need added aggravation, i have bills up the ass, plus college tuition, i make due with what i have though, my galant is pretty hoooked up, but i tried a few times to get some things on group buy but no one wanted to join, the best way to get things done is get the money up front, this way not alot of people willbackout cause the money is aform of contract that will be binding,.....im rambling cause im intoxicated.........

brandon
09-19-2002, 03:31 PM
Intoxicated at 10 after three dude?

MAN, I knew I shoulda gone to college for more than a year...

MitsuMan
09-20-2002, 08:52 AM
Hahaha, yeah i was intoxicated at that point, 2 cancelled afternoon classes after 2 tests

dsm galant
09-27-2002, 07:05 PM
ill mostlikely pick up one of those carbonfiber hoods can i get some contact info?