PDA

View Full Version : 99 LS vs 99 GTZ

IPn0yIB0yLykIH0Y
09-10-2002, 08:23 PM
does anybody know what is the different between the LS and a GTZ?

Kingman
09-10-2002, 08:32 PM
Search.

We just did a post about teh GTZ yesterday.

pinoyesv6
09-10-2002, 08:54 PM
guages, spoiler, body matched trim (gtz) and different badging, and i believe that sport tuned suspension

Tiller
09-11-2002, 12:14 AM
Search.

We just did a post about teh GTZ yesterday.

yeah, but what happened to the post...?

jacuZZi
09-11-2002, 01:45 AM
guages, spoiler, body matched trim (gtz) and different badging, and i believe that sport tuned suspension
I have an LS, and the diff with GTZ is that GTZ has Rear Spoiler, White Gauges, Sport suspension, and color matched grill, and i believe GTZ also has Traction Control, so thats the differences if i got that right. :wink:

Auto-9
09-11-2002, 11:58 AM
Whoa...seriously? I thought that only applied to 4 bangers in 99...dude that stinks https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/smile.gif

Kingman
09-11-2002, 02:49 PM
Not all GTZ's have the spoiler.

Yes they do have traction control, and the carbon fiber trim

I think that post is in the performance section

pinoyesv6
09-11-2002, 04:15 PM
o yea for those people who are asking about the traction control on the 99 GTZ, this is where i got it http://carpoint.msn.com/vip/safety.aspx?mo...id=2120&src=vip ('http://carpoint.msn.com/vip/safety.aspx?modelid=2120&src=vip')

and kingman, the 99 GTZ had the wood interior. the CF looking interior was started in the 2k2 model year

Auto-9
09-11-2002, 04:27 PM
Not all GTZ's have the spoiler.

Yes they do have traction control, and the carbon fiber trim

I think that post is in the performance section

I thought the GTZs prior to the 2002 redesign all came with spoilers stock? And I think the ABS absence only applies to the LS.

Kingman
09-11-2002, 07:49 PM
I don't know. I thought the spoiler was an option all along. But it was just something that they just automatically added.

I thought traction control was just GTZ's I could be wrong though

jacuZZi
09-11-2002, 11:00 PM
I don't know. I thought the spoiler was an option all along. But it was just something that they just automatically added.

I thought traction control was just GTZ's I could be wrong though

I think the traction control on the GTZ's only from 2000 and above, maybe not on 99, cause TJC has GTZ's and i believe its yr 2000 and he has traction control on it if i'm not mistaken :wink:

Pulsar
09-12-2002, 01:29 AM
GTZ has everything the LS has, plus: White Faced Gauges, Grey Only Interior (LS has Tan), Color matched Grilles (LS are chrome) and Sport tuned suspension. All other options are identical.

pinoyesv6
09-12-2002, 01:33 AM
every1, before posting, read all the previous posts. i notice all we're doing is repeating what was said earlier

TJC
09-12-2002, 02:57 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(jacuZZi)</div><div class='quotemain'>
I think the traction control on the GTZ's only from 2000 and above, maybe not on 99, cause TJC has GTZ's and i believe its yr 2000 and he has traction control on it if i'm not mistaken Â*:wink:</div>

Yep, that's why I got it. Just for those snowboarding runs :wink:

Actually, I still have the 2000 Galant brochure........ looking........ LS & GTZ both have TCL on '00+, but GTZ has sport suspension which is what I also wanted. It has firmer shock absorber valving, higher spring rates, and fatter antiroll bars for front and rear.

Wintergalant
09-13-2002, 12:10 AM
okay what is the difference between the ES V6 and the GTZ other than the suspension white guages and traction control

pinoyesv6
09-13-2002, 12:12 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Wintergalant)</div><div class='quotemain'>okay what is the difference between the ES V6 and the GTZ other than the suspension white guages and traction control</div>

different side trim
es v6 has the chrome trim too
gtz is color matched

esv6 is available in cloth and leather. tan cloth too. the gtz is available only in grey leather

esv6 traction control is optional

esv6 u have a choice between the 100 watt stereo or the 210

esv6 you can pick between steel or alloy wheels

esv6 option spoiler (optional on the 2k2+ gtz too)

gtz has the sport tuned suspension

and o yea differnt badging

Wintergalant
09-13-2002, 12:18 AM
Thank You very much!!!

Auto-9
09-13-2002, 06:47 AM
Sunroof/Moonroof was also an option on my ES V6. Hey, not even Pinoy can get everything the first time around https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/smile.gif

dicksteel
09-13-2002, 08:37 AM
sorry guy's i guess i am a little late on this topic, but i have a 00 LS V6. it has TC and ABS, and grey leather interior with wood trim. hope that helps out with some of the confusion! :wink:

GalantT3
09-13-2002, 09:09 AM
Well I read that the 2003 Galant GTZ will come stock with a spoiler again.
I wonder why they changed they're minds. I also read that it will be the end of the lifecycle for the 8thG :cry: :cry: :cry:

Danger DANJ
09-13-2002, 09:29 AM
I was reading somewhere that the 9G Galants will be 2006. Can anyone confirm that?

GalantT3
09-13-2002, 09:40 AM
Where did you read that? Because ever magazine says that the 2004 Galant welcomes in the new re-design and introduction of the 9thGen.

www.edumunds.com has all the info on the upcoming 9thGen along with spy shots.

Auto-9
09-13-2002, 10:54 AM
Personally I don't think they're going to wait till 2006...they'll probably release the 9th gen around the time of the Evo. That's what my strategy would be anyway.

GalantT3
09-13-2002, 04:00 PM
Yeah 2006 is a hell of a long time to wait to release your new model when everyone is coming out with theres already!

CNascimento
09-16-2002, 07:34 PM
okay everyone here is the difference (considering that I have both in the family)

Galant LS

Chrome grill
Chrome name plate rear

Galant GTZ

Color match grill
Color match name plate
Spoiler
White gadges

To let every one know they both have traction control... And also they both have the same suspension... They are the same car except for a couple of visual differences noted above... Also note that the 2K2 have a few other differences but no performance differences.

You might all be thinking how does he know all this... Lets put it this way my family only drives Mistu. I have had 3 galants 94 LS, 98 ES and a 2001 LS. My sister has had Eclipse GT 98 and a Galant GTZ 2001. My father has had a Galant LS 94, Diamante LS 99 and Diamante 2003 VRX.
My mother has Montero 99 and a 2003 GTS Eclipse....

Fishboy55
09-16-2002, 07:57 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(CNascimento)</div><div class='quotemain'>okay everyone here is the difference (considering that I have both in the family) Â*

Galant LS

Chrome grill
Chrome name plate rear

Galant GTZ

Color match grill Â*
Color match name plate
Spoiler
White gadges

To let every one know they both have traction control... And also they both have the same suspension... Â*They are the same car except for a couple of visual differences noted above... Also note that the 2K2 have a few other differences but no performance differences. Â*

You might all be thinking how does he know all this... Lets put it this way my family only drives Mistu. I have had 3 galants 94 LS, 98 ES and a 2001 LS. My sister has had Eclipse GT 98 and a Galant GTZ 2001. Â*My father has had a Galant LS 94, Diamante LS 99 and Diamante 2003 VRX.
My mother has Montero 99 and a 2003 GTS Eclipse....</div>
Uhhh No. Traction control and heated mirrors is an option for the '99 LS at a cost of $318. Leather and power drivers seat is also an option on the LS for a cost of $1118. Both of these option packages are standard on the GTZ. Traction Control became standard on the LS in 2000. GTZ has sport tuned suspension, including front and rear stabilizers that the LS does not have. Also the struts are different on the GTZ and LS. Check out Edmunds or the Mitsubishi USA site for details.

Chip

CNascimento
09-16-2002, 09:18 PM
"Traction control and heated mirrors is an option for the '99 LS at a cost of $318. Leather and power drivers seat is also an option on the LS for a cost of $1118."

Note that the above might be optional on the new versions but the above were not optional for the 2001 also note that the LS from 99-01 list price was more then the GTZ so LEather, power seat=, etc... Did come standard

"GTZ has sport tuned suspension, including front and rear stabilizers that the LS does not have"

Don't' try to fool yourself about the "Sport tuned Suspension" it is the same suspension in both with maybe a couple of bolts tightened a little more...

Oh, yeah if you read the above post my family is into Mitsu because my Uncle owns a dealership....

Also I'm not trying to be a jerk I just saw the post and answered my best ... I do know that the 2002 -up do differ from what I have stated above....

All I know is that we will get to the bottom of this some how, right? A little friendly debate on the TGC... Everyone input is always Welcome because we always have questions need depend on each other for help about different issues mods, performance, etc...

CNascimento
09-16-2002, 09:37 PM
Fishboy55 I just want to say that I re-read what I wrote and it still comes off like I'm being a jerk... Lets leave the issue and note that my info was from my Uncle (he could be incorrect) I do a public apology because you have help a lot of us. And I respect your info on a lot of performance mods... Sorry Dude for sounding like a jerk earlier... Iguess it was one of those days...

ONE

RedGalant2k1
09-16-2002, 09:46 PM
The GTZ had Tan leather availible as well.

jacuZZi
09-16-2002, 11:27 PM
The leather and powerseat on LS is should be standard, cause i have an LS myself ( its a'99 ) and it came standard with a tan leather and power driver seat, and other..... ( too much to list ). https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif

Fishboy55
09-17-2002, 06:28 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(CNascimento)</div><div class='quotemain'>Fishboy55 I just want to say that I re-read what I wrote and it still comes off like I'm being a jerk... Lets leave the issue and note that my info was from my Uncle (he could be incorrect) I do a public apology because you have help a lot of us. Â*And I respect your info on a lot of performance mods... Sorry Dude for sounding like a jerk earlier... Iguess it was one of those days...

ONE</div>
One: No worries, you didn't come off sounding like a jerk. I think the original question was about the 99 models, and things may have been different then. Either way, we both have our cars and are happy with them. I would have owned an LS if they had had one in stock in the color I wanted. They didn't, so I took the GTZ. Thanks for the apology, but it's really not necessary.

Chip