PDA

View Full Version : Katzin leather Need Help!!

IceDouTGaLanT
09-27-2003, 01:01 PM
hey guys i just got my katzin leather seats from the prev G/B we had with leatherseats.com.. let me say they know how to make seats they look Great and feel like something in an audi,volvo.. the only prob im haveing is i got my door inserts but i have no clue how they go can some 1 who have the seats post a pic of the back door and front door pannel? also im getin an local car ulpostery shop installin them. their price is $68.00 and hour and they told me about 5 hours to the most so basccialy im looking at $340 i drop my car off monday n get it weds cuz their only open from 10-2...is that an grood price or bad? is it worth to get it installe dby them or is it easy? i never did anything dealin with seats..plus the people asked if i had ne-pics of the seats so they know how the pannles looks on the car so can some 1 please post couple pics and help.. thanks alot in advance..
Ron

Ps- i think the install kit was a lil bit to much 35 bucks got me some trianle nails, some clipper thingy, and adhivese spray. just incase somebody 1 whats to get it

Black Magic
09-27-2003, 05:01 PM
this might help

http://www.clubtgc.org/forum/viewtopic.php...ght=front+seats ('http://www.clubtgc.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=10459&highlight=front+seats')

IceDouTGaLanT
09-27-2003, 07:34 PM
thanks alot black thats what i been lookign for... only 1 question now u guys think that amout is to much to get it installed. i seen it said 10 hours on the link u gave me for total time how much time would 1 drive seat be?....

tim888tim
09-27-2003, 07:44 PM
10 hours is what it took me to do since i had absolutely no experience doing it. Plus I got distracted by other stuff like lunch, dinner, and the Simpsons. Best thing would be to call around to different shops and get other price quotes. Better yet, drop by some shops with the door inserts already removed from the car and get a quote. This way you can keep the car while they do the inserts and it will also reduce the time charged.

IceDouTGaLanT
09-27-2003, 07:56 PM
ya ill call tomemw and remove my covers b4 i give the car im guessing thats an hr off..since u said u had no experince ill try it.. hey what did u do for the lil back folding seat u kno how we got the lil lock and unlock thingy thiers no hole for it in the new seat covers do u cut it out?

tim888tim
09-27-2003, 08:01 PM
just cut a little X with a razor blade and fit the lock around it.