QnzMostWanted
08-10-2002, 07:59 PM
thanks for the info, but I still need pics of what designs u guys want

HiperSilver
08-10-2002, 09:46 PM
thought u said the prototype was almost done

evil-G-nius
08-10-2002, 09:46 PM
Ok I found this in the phillipines, and it just so happens to be called a evolution kit!!! The shit is hot an d I want one but I cant get a hold of them to find out how much the shit costs!!! Heres the link, check out the one for 7g baby!! http://www.optionsunlimited.com.ph/main.html ('http://www.optionsunlimited.com.ph/main.html')

Gir
08-11-2002, 03:59 PM
No thanks on teh phillipense kit. It doens't look very good to me. I want teh kit that looks like the picture someone had photoshopped up at the old TGC board. That one looked good. The Phillipeans kit looks way too high, not very aggressive at all. Plus the lights are way too small.

QnzMostWanted
08-11-2002, 04:43 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(HiperSilver)</div><div class='quotemain'>thought u said the prototype was almost done</div>

thats on my other kit

QnzMostWanted
08-11-2002, 04:44 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Kimya)</div><div class='quotemain'>Ok I found this in the phillipines, and it just so happens to be called a evolution kit!!! The shit is hot an d I want one but I cant get a hold of them to find out how much the shit costs!!! Â*Heres the link, check out the one for 7g baby!! Â* http://www.optionsunlimited.com.ph/main.html</div>

I was in love with that bumper for a while, but there is no way I can get that kit here without paying an arm and a leg, but i can get it done still tho

Blue Ice
08-12-2002, 07:42 PM
<span style='color:blue'>I don't want the phillipeans one either. Rather have something that looks more like the evo kitt from the 2000 Lancer</span>

bstnsportsfan
08-13-2002, 05:59 PM
I personally like the 94-97 Evolution kit. What would that cost to buy and then get shipped? And how much modification would need to be done to have it fit a US spec Galant?
http://www.optionsunlimited.com.ph/images/cars/mitsu/g14b.jpg

evil-G-nius
08-13-2002, 07:43 PM
I love that one! It is real simple yet aggressive! The shogun kit looks comic to me! If it came down to it, I would just remain stock if the shogun was always my only choice

Gir
08-14-2002, 08:15 AM
Trini had said he tried it but the shipping is an arm and a leg. The shipping from the phillipines is ridiculously high, and unless someone you know is willing to bring it back for you on a trip, it isn't going to be easily done. This all doesn't even mention the fact that the evolution bumper there looks VERY stock. It just has the holes for the extra lights. A 97-98 bumper looks almost identical, except for the holes and the little lip on the bottom. This is Denver offering to have an entire new kit made for our car, and you still want the same thing that already exists? That don't make any sense. I'm all about anything new and crazy looking. Especially considering Denver can get it cheaply done for like 350 dollars a bumper.

Not also to even mention once more that an EVO kit has BIG ASS LIGHTS. That is what makes an evo kit, an evo kit. Are we forgetting about that and just saying...well since it's for a mitsu, and it's got two extra lights...hell...let's call it an evo kit?

QnzMostWanted
08-14-2002, 11:29 AM
ok guys, I cant do anything unless I have ideas.....

Blue Ice
08-14-2002, 11:36 AM
<span style='color:blue'>This was the evo kit that i was trying to get clat to make, or at least something close to it</span>

Initial -G-host
08-14-2002, 11:42 AM
Denver... ask Seth or Pavel to Photoshop a EVO 5 or 6 front to the 7g. There has been a dozen post with no pics to give ideas for the EVO front.

pinoyesv6
08-14-2002, 11:48 AM
IMO, i agree with chris, the 7g just wouldn't look right with a big evo kit on the front. its more round compared to the 8g and the lancer/mirage. the one that chris posted woul look just right

Blue Ice
08-14-2002, 12:00 PM
<span style='color:blue'> To Each, Their own. Personally, I don't want, and wouldn't pay for the kit from the phillipeans. I do like the evo kit with the big lights. But another idea i had, is would it be possible to make the JDM front bumper for the VR4 galant of our Generation. Has any one seen Mitsupiets car, i'd love to get a hold of that</span>

QnzMostWanted
08-14-2002, 01:14 PM
mitsupiet has the stock diamond edition bumper

bstnsportsfan
08-14-2002, 01:42 PM
Denver, what happened to the kit you were going to have made, that was similar to the 94-97 accords? I personally liked that one, any word on it? Or is that in the trash can?

QnzMostWanted
08-14-2002, 09:27 PM
mold is done, was test fitted and everything, however I cant get it until i get some $$, so we all have to wait a lil while longer, the company dont mind, they said that as long as i get it within the month, which i can do

bstnsportsfan
08-14-2002, 10:47 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(NyGalant4G63T)</div><div class='quotemain'>mold is done, was test fitted and everything, however I cant get it until i get some $$, so we all have to wait a lil while longer, the company dont mind, they said that as long as i get it within the month, which i can do</div>

Great! Whats the name of the company that made it? Any idea what the final kit will cost for us? Also, is it a direct fit?...Now I just need to get that second job! :-(

Gir
08-15-2002, 12:31 AM
http://www2.cajun.net/~voisin/q.jpg

That's what i want it to look like. Finally found a suitable picture.[/img]

Blue Ice
08-15-2002, 05:18 AM
<span style='color:blue'>I'm with Gir on the looks of the evo he posted.

As Far as the Difference between the first and second style of 7gen, i think there may be a solution to the problem of different grills.

The problem;
On the 94 the long metallic piece above the lights has the nose piece that dips down and the two small grill pieces screw into this nose piece and the bumper. On the 97/98 it looks like that piece just goes across the top, and the grill is molded on the bumper.

The solution :eureka: ;............ maybe :puzzled1:
Basically, the front end kit has to come in two parts. The bumper could be one part, and the top( the grill and the piece that goes over the head lights ) could be a second. If we did it this way, maybe we could come up with some other type of grill, Like for a suggestion, the wider more open between the lights.

I noticed this when i cleared my corners. Or the later 7g's could buy that top piece from a junkyard... Don't know if this would actually work for the later 7g's, it was just a thought.</span>

Blue Ice
08-15-2002, 05:42 AM
<span style='color:blue'> I also like the side vents on this kit.
Yeah, Yeah i know, right kit wrong car.</span>

MitsuMan
08-15-2002, 07:35 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Blue Ice Rider)</div><div class='quotemain'>[color=blue]

The solution :eureka: ;............ maybe :puzzled1: Â*
Basically, the front end kit has to come in two parts. Â*The bumper could be one part, and the top( the grill and the piece that goes over the head lights ) could be a second. Â*If we did it this way, maybe we could come up with some other type of grill, Â*Like for a suggestion, the wider more open between the lights.
color]</div>

Blue,
not a bad idea in theory, however, I think that leaving the gap that the T-bar makes (cross bar on 97-98's) allows people to get more creative, I got a kit on my 96 and i have the T bar, I cannot make a custom grill because i only have 2 small grills on each side, maybe u could get a 2 piece kit that includes a grill insert kinda like the ones the make for SHITVICS (Civics) that come premade...maybe toss a mitsu badge on there too, the T-bar would cost way too much for companies to produce, where where as a plastic grill can be made cheaply and available.....

Blue Ice
08-15-2002, 10:20 AM
<span style='color:blue'>This was just a suggestion, to those making a kit especially for us. Also thought it might be a solution to the problem we have between 94 and 98. I think it's going to be hard at first to get someone to make two seperate kits, exactly the same with just a small difference. Plus it would make it easier for us to come together on group buys on kits for our car.

Could someone test this theory of mine. Anyone who has access to 94's and 98's

Mitsuman, if this works one way it should, in theory, work the other way. I have a 94, and if we could find a t-bar with out the nose piece (97/98 t-bar), then we could see if that would fit to our car. And i'm thinkin junkyard for the cheap route. We'll have to paint the kit any way, so just have the new t-bar painted</span>

MitsuMan
08-15-2002, 11:17 AM
[quote=Blue Ice Rider]<span style='color:blue'>
Mitsuman, if this works one way it should, in theory, work the other way. I have a 94, and if we could find a t-bar with out the nose piece (97/98 t-bar), then we could see if that would fit to our car. And i'm thinkin junkyard for the cheap route. We'll have to paint the kit any way, so just have the new t-bar painted</span>

BLue,

The T-Bar IS interchangable if that is what your theory was, Kevin did a conversion froma 96 to a 97 galant, so just get a t bar and it will bolt up to your old mounting spots identically, it would even be better if u could find one already painted!!

Blue Ice
08-15-2002, 11:06 PM
<span style='color:blue'>Well thanks for clarifying that mitsuMan. I was just wondering cause some people were complaining kits having to fit their car, like trying to make the erebuni kit fit the 97/98's. I rather like my 94 look, it looks a little meaner than the 97 :redface:

But any way now that that's clear, what are we going to do about this kit.i think Gir and i are in for the "big eyed" evo look. But who else is on board for this one</span>

Initial -G-host
08-16-2002, 11:28 AM
I agree...that is why my 95 has a 97-98 front. I don't like the grill on the 94-96 7g's. I wouldn't mind so much if there was a open grill like the EVO and Skylines or even no grill like the 2g and 3g Eclipse. The 94-96 fronts are just way too busy...the assembly design is poor to me. I like the 97-98 fronts because:
1- A cleaner look and installing it is much easier.
2- Bigger mouth, makes the car look more aggressive.

If the 7g owners are patient enough...Denver, Me and Tony will get some made.

Blue Ice
08-21-2002, 12:31 PM
<span style='color:blue'>So where are we on the production, wh all is in.</span>

bmxmike
02-02-2007, 12:43 AM
I know this is probably dead considering its umm 5 years old! but did they ever actually make a kit? was just wondering looking through the old posts and saw this