PDA

View Full Version : The Proflow TB

Auto-9
09-29-2003, 11:29 PM
Just out of sheer curiosity, is this a street legal modification? Not that it's going to be obvious to the person doing inspections (especially since my car passed with a downpipe). Proflow bores out both the intake side and the manifold side to 62mm because that's the size of the factory intake plenum correct? How about the TB gasket? Is that also 62mm? I just can't figure out why Mitsubishi would choose to reuse an old 60mm design for a 62mm setup :?

8ggalant
09-29-2003, 11:35 PM
probly cuz mitsu america are dumbasses who only care about fuel economy and not about power....hell their own damn sales reps didnt even kno what an evo was till like a month be4 they were due to show up on the lot...........sorry 4 jumpin yer post...juss had to vent real quick

Jet Black
09-29-2003, 11:38 PM
I guess that depends if you live in California or not. Im 99 percent sure that in cali, a mod like that would be illegal.

Fishboy55
09-30-2003, 04:16 AM
I can't imagine why boring the TB would be illegal. It's definately not going to be obvious for the visual inspection. The TB looks exactly the same from the outside. It's just the internals that are bored out. The only way it may give you a problem Peter is if it effects your emissions output on the sniffer. Other than that you should be fine. Unfortunately, according to the 3G guys I've read about, the gains are not significant.

00GTZ00
09-30-2003, 07:39 AM
Peter it is not illigal as long as you do not get an SES light in your car. They have done away with the sniffer test here. All they do is hook your car up to the computer to make sure that all emission controls are working right.

Fishboy55 - The gains might not be much but it will help. Get that and a P&P upper and lower intake a CAI and you should see them all work together to help add a signifigant HP gain..

Auto-9
09-30-2003, 08:59 AM
Hey you guys were right...it's only 49 state legal usually because California doubts everything https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif I know about Texas inspections pass/fail requirements so I know that putting on a TB here will not fail a newer model car because it won't trip the SES light, but any car 1996 and older will be put on the rolling dyno for the sniffer test (sucks to be them).