PDA

View Full Version : Adjusting coilovers?

Cali
09-11-2002, 02:05 AM
this might be a dumb question for some of you, but i have never owned coilovers so how do u adjust them? arent they a pain to adjust and do they have markings or something so you know that all four coilovers are even? :?:

pinoyesv6
09-11-2002, 09:00 AM
with some coilovers you just loosen up the little locking screw and just twist a knob to lower. some come with some adjusting wrenches to help adjust them.

some coilovers come with markings but for a more even drop, i would just a plain ole tape measure

Lazarus
09-11-2002, 10:07 AM
Hey Allan I was wndering if you have to jack up the car on like 2x4s or with a jack stand? if So would that be affected by side skirts?

pinoyesv6
09-11-2002, 12:33 PM
Hey Allan I was wndering if you have to jack up the car on like 2x4s or with a jack stand? if So would that be affected by side skirts?

jacking is always an issue with lowered and cars with kits. uhm, with some coilovers u don't need to jack up the car to raise and lower. that is, if u can get your hand or even the tool back there. as for raising and lowering the car on jacks, i suggest u drive the car up onto some 2x4 and then stick your jack @ one of the many lift points.

Kingman
09-11-2002, 03:04 PM
I found it easiest to lift my car before adjusting. I can't fit my fat arms past my wheels to adjust them. Maybe if I turned the wheel to wheel lock I could though if I had smaller arms.