PDA

View Full Version : locations for ground wires for 4 cyl?

nrgizeman
10-04-2003, 02:20 AM
hey guys. im tryin to get ground wire kit for my 4 cyl. problem is... i can only locate one place where the wire is. i must be blind. has anyone done this? if so... can you please tell me the locations where wires can be replaced. thanks a bunch.

NavBlueGold
10-04-2003, 04:33 AM
I put on the Sun Auto Hyper Ground kit a few weeks ago...
If you're putting on a kit like that it isn't designed to replace your stock wires - just be an addition. But as for locations: there is obviously the wire from your battery to your trans, one back by the throttle cable, one underneath near the cat, and two over by the front turn signal ports. I cant remember - have to go look again to see if there were others.

Fishboy55
10-04-2003, 07:24 AM
My kit has one going to the transmission, one back by the throttle cable, one off the cold water intake and one going to the alternator.

Faction
10-04-2003, 08:14 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Fishboy55)</div><div class='quotemain'>cold water intake</div>

:laughing: lol did you mean to say cold air intake?

Fishboy55
10-04-2003, 08:17 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Faction)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Fishboy55)</div><div class='quotemain'>cold water intake</div>

:laughing: lol did you mean to say cold air intake?</div>
No I meant to say cold water intake. It's the water neck where the radiator hose connects to the block.

NavBlueGold
10-04-2003, 09:07 AM
You know what.. I didn't even think about the alternator :roll: . I might have to change the config of the Hyper Grounds to throw one there......