PDA

View Full Version : RPW V6 Headers are installed

Auto-9
09-11-2002, 04:19 PM
http://www.eclipseforums.org/showthread.ph...&threadid=64973 ('http://www.eclipseforums.org/showthread.php?s=&threadid=64973') It includes pre-install and post-install dyno numbers and my reaction to it. At first I wasn't too happy with her results but then I remembered quite a few factors contributed so I'm hoping over time the numbers will improve.

VegasMatt
09-11-2002, 05:41 PM
Sounds like a bunch of horseshit to me. She sounds like she had alot more problems to put up with installing these than Chip did. I hope when these arrive that they bolt right up, I would have a hard time finding someone to do the welding this and cutting that. What a pain in the ass.

The only positive I see out of this is that I have a calispec and I have the exhaust, intake, fpr and afc to complement the headers. She sounds like she is running stock and didnt see much of a gain. I think with the upgrades that I am putting in, 32HP should be obtainable.

Way to get on her ass Rallifan.

Matt

Auto-9
09-11-2002, 05:47 PM
Muwahahaha https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/smile.gif

Fishboy55
09-15-2002, 07:59 AM
I'm with Matt on this one. Luckily I have a mechanic that really knows his stuff when it comes to performance mods. Sounds like she went to Midas for the install. I didn't have nearly the trouble she had. Way to follow up on why the pipe bends are in there Rallifan. I still stand by Dave and RPW for what they're doing. Keep in mind that RPW is eating the costs for everytime they have to redesign the jigs to improve the fitment. It's not like they can take the old headers and melt them down to make a new set. None of the R&D costs are being passed to the buyers from as near as I can tell. The price for the final product hasn't dramatically increased.

Chip

Auto-9
09-15-2002, 10:39 AM
I think the part that is frustrating most of their members is that everytime a new part comes out (MPH and AMSS downpipes, RPW headers, etc) the dynos that customers have done don't reflect any significant gains, and thus they question whether or not it was really worth the purchase. I'm gonna give RPW the benefit of the doubt since I don't think Rach was having her dyno done under ideal conditions.

VegasMatt
09-15-2002, 11:09 AM
I agree, when she got the dyno done, something in her post didnt sound right. Sounds like she went to Kmart to get her work done.

Plus it takes time for the ecu to learn that the headers are there. She shold go back in a few days and get the dyno redone to see the increase.

In all honesty, I think she is clueless as to the operations of her own car and was not a good person to get the test fitment on the 2nd batch.

I stand by Dave and RPW and can't wait to get the new product.
Get to work Dave!!

Matt

Tiller
09-15-2002, 11:38 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(VegasMatt)</div><div class='quotemain'>I agree, when she got the dyno done, something in her post didnt sound right. Â*Sounds like she went to Kmart to get her work done.

Plus it takes time for the ecu to learn that the headers are there. Â*She shold go back in a few days and get the dyno redone to see the increase.

In all honesty, I think she is clueless as to the operations of her own car and was not a good person to get the test fitment on the 2nd batch.

I stand by Dave and RPW and can't wait to get the new product. Â*
Get to work Dave!!

Matt</div>

she had the work done a reputable shop, and she DOES know what is going on...

I'm a little dissapointed in the numbers, and fitment... i'll wait for some other to get the new ones in before i make my final decision...

pinoyesv6
09-15-2002, 11:45 PM
the power is there. no doubt. chip's v6 is way more powerful than mine...

Mitsiman
09-18-2002, 04:18 AM
I was on the phone today with our Extractor manafacturer and we beleive we have isolated the problems with rachels fitment and here are the resons and ways to fix it

Rachels car had the origonal headers with the newly designed flex pipe. This flex pipe was designed with a new set of headers which is why she had th clearnace problems still on the inenr control arm and the length on the front pipe in front of the min flex pipe.

The length of the flex pipe to the cat was always a guess as we were working off the length of the 8G galant I4 as a baseline and now we have a lenght to work off are correcting that now along with the O2 sensor positions with more undrilled bungs.

The only thing we need to change is at this stage the flex pipe length which we are doing. I am air freighting on Friday a new set of headers (With the corrected design from the very first fitment) and EGR undrilled fitting and VIsion Imports will be fitting them up for us for final check.

I beleive this set will be the ones that finally move things along.

The new header design moved the exhaust to the lft side of the car slightly which gave the clearance on the inner control arm as well as the front header had less angle but the rear header had more angle which is why the front flexpipe was 1" too long.

So things are still happening and we will have word back middle of next week.

And yes we are wearing all teh freight charges etc for this in an effort to get it 100% correct.

David THomas
www.rpw.coma.u

Fishboy55
09-18-2002, 06:27 AM
Way to go David!!! As always, you are the man. And although the wait has been long for these headers, I know from my experience that they will truly be worth it. TGC is lucky to have someone like you working with us to provide parts for the Galants.

Chip

Tiller
09-19-2002, 12:41 PM
a quality product is worth waiting for...

Auto-9
09-19-2002, 02:25 PM
A quality woman is worth waiting for...why is it women and cars so often echo each other...