PDA

View Full Version : kyb agx's

galantv600
10-05-2003, 11:10 AM
i wanna get the KYB AGX shocks for my 8g but is there another one thats better or somethiing? anywho which place is the best and cheapest to get the shocks at? thanks

J
10-09-2003, 11:30 PM
http://www.eclipseforums.org/showthread.ph...threadid=119495 ('http://www.eclipseforums.org/showthread.php?threadid=119495')

Sowndwayv
10-10-2003, 10:39 AM
another better brand of shock absorber? if thats what ur askin i think the only other adjustable shock out there that will fit our cars is the Koni inserts. They are supposed to be really great, but yet again they are pretty pricey, and installing them would be pretty hard and expensive as well.

Coldshot
10-12-2003, 10:32 AM
ive been pondering what struts to get as well. i want to go with the kyb's but i dunno if i should go with the adjustables or the non-adjustables. Ive heard so many different thing about the ride quality i have no idea what to get.

when i first got my eibach springs i had the stock struts, i liked the ride. i want something a little better, not too stiff. my front struts are blown out because of the really shitty roads around here and i only have 40k miles. i put my springs on at 10k. how is the ride of the non-adjustable kyb's as opposed to stock? And how are the adjustables set at like 1 or 2 as opposed to the non-adjustables?

just trying to get an idea of how they ride

extremsprt86
10-13-2003, 09:40 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Coldshot)</div><div class='quotemain'>ive been pondering what struts to get as well. Â*i want to go with the kyb's but i dunno if i should go with the adjustables or the non-adjustables. Â*Ive heard so many different thing about the ride quality i have no idea what to get. Â*

when i first got my eibach springs i had the stock struts, i liked the ride. Â*i want something a little better, not too stiff. Â*my front struts are blown out because of the really shitty roads around here and i only have 40k miles. Â*i put my springs on at 10k. Â*how is the ride of the non-adjustable kyb's as opposed to stock? Â*And how are the adjustables set at like 1 or 2 as opposed to the non-adjustables?

just trying to get an idea of how they ride</div>

good question, i myself am currently pondering the same exact thing.

Auto-9
10-14-2003, 12:10 AM
While I don't have experience with the non-adjustables I hear that they're comparable to stock. The adjustables on setting 1 is like a regular Galant, setting 2 is about a GTZ, 3 feels like an M3 hardness, and setting 4 is Evo.

punchdrunk
10-14-2003, 01:02 PM
I'm lookin to get in on the club3g Kyb's is there a different part number for the galant? As I recall the eclipse parts fit the g ride but anyone wanna just help me out here? Is there a different part number?

I'm drivin a v6 es just get the eclipse shocks? and is there a tutorial on installing them. Doesn't seem like an install would be all that tuff with the proper tools and enough bored friends diein to help.

jusmills
10-14-2003, 01:37 PM
I'd be interested in getting this done too...325 is hella cheap especially when you compare that with the fact that at some shop (don't remember which one) I got quoted at $129 and some change per strut. Also since I am one of the unlucky ones to have ridden in an Evo or M3 for that matter, do they ride better or worst when compared with the stock galant (in terms of ride harshness, are they really stiff,rigid ie transfer alot of the road bumps to the passenger cabin or firm but cushy--like lexus gs400/acuras (RLs) transfer take alot of abuse but not much transfered to the passengers?

Coldshot
10-14-2003, 07:43 PM
ok, thanx auto. another question, how hard is it to adjust the rears if the sdjustment is at the top of the strut? thatd be a pain to take the seat out every damn time you want to adjust the struts

Galant_01
10-19-2003, 07:49 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Coldshot)</div><div class='quotemain'>ok, thanx auto. Â*another question, how hard is it to adjust the rears if the sdjustment is at the top of the strut? Â*thatd be a pain to take the seat out every damn time you want to adjust the struts</div> On the back Struts the adjustment knob is on the side and easily accessable from the wheel well.

Wolfman
10-19-2003, 01:57 PM
FYI KYB AGX has gone up to $335 shipped at Club3g so you aren't surprised